Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounting position for a TV.

Options
  • 17-01-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Going to install a TV here in bedroom.

Currently got a 32" TV to put to use here. Was wondering if there is anything I should consider before I drill the holes for the bracket.

Initially I was going to put the mount to the right of the face plate but that would mean that the TV could not be pushed in flush to the wall - if there was ever the need for such.

Second plan was to place the mount directly below the right hand side faceplate ensuring there is sufficient room for the screen to go flat to wall. This would give me a maximum tv width of 36" by would be able to be pushed flush against the wall. (I have opened the faceplate and there are no conduit going down wards either in this room or the adjacent room).

If I move it outwards by a few inches it would allow me to mount a 40" wide TV in future.
    Or should I just mount between the two sockets which would allow for 44" for any future TV which would be suffice I think for a 42"? This would mean the edge of the current TV would be 8" from the wall.

Any advice before I start drilling?

The sockets are 72.5" from floor (1.85m).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Got it mounted.
    Not sure I like it, but I'll suffer with it for a while just until I get accustomed to it.
    Mounted it between the two sockets and a very easy job.

Just not about a TV in the bedroom, tbh.

Advertisement