Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court appearance - alleged public order offence

Options
  • 17-01-2021 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Due to be in court in the next few weeks over 2 public order offences that occurred over a year and a half ago I've never been in a court before and just wondering does anyone know what sort of sentence id get for pleading guilty/not guilty I feel am not guilty but if it's going to complicate things pleading not guilty ill probably just settle and plead guilty any reply will be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭billgibney

Speak to a solicitor first,
    Get legal aid
    Look for poor hox

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭peter4918

Jin luk wrote: »
    Due to be in court in the next few weeks over 2 public order offences that occurred over a year and a half ago I've never been in a court before and just wondering does anyone know what sort of sentence id get for pleading guilty/not guilty I feel am not guilty but if it's going to complicate things pleading not guilty ill probably just settle and plead guilty any reply will be great.

More information needed.
    What kind of public order was it and was it something you got arrested for? Did you get a ticket that you didn’t pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

peter4918 wrote: »
    More information needed.
    What kind of public order was it and was it something you got arrested for? Did you get a ticket that you didn’t pay?

It was a fight I ended up with a facial scar and broken bones my case was supposedly rejected by dpp instead the Gardaí are taking myself up I wasn't arrested at all but the other party that was involved was arrested I went on my way after been checked over by ambulance crew then like 10months later summons arrives at my house stating am in court in a few months very strange what has happened with all this then received phonecall from Gardaí saying case Was rejected by dpp 14 months after the incident.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Speak to a solicitor working in that court area

• Registered Users Posts: 26,123 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Absolutely speak to a solicitor. I don't think it's common for the DPP to decide not to proceed only for the guards to proceed anyway. Few shillings spent on a comptetent criminal solicitor at this point could be a very sound investment for you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 vurstflavor

Make sure you have photos of injuries
    And doctors report
    I would not plead guilty

Advertisement