Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hob igniter doesn't turn off

Options
  • 15-01-2021 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday afternoon, the igniter on our whirlpool hob decided not to turn off after we lit one of the burners. I had to turn off the power switch to it.

Do I need a new hob? When it's on, all the burners are clicking so it seems like a central problem. The hob's clean, gets used about once a day or less, so it's not heavily used. Has 1 central burner and 4 burners around it, one of which is smaller for 'simmering.' My guess is that it's pushing 15 years old.

Would prefer to repair it if that's reasonable versus getting a new one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Igotadose wrote: »
    Thursday afternoon, the igniter on our whirlpool hob decided not to turn off after we lit one of the burners. I had to turn off the power switch to it.

Do I need a new hob? When it's on, all the burners are clicking so it seems like a central problem. The hob's clean, gets used about once a day or less, so it's not heavily used. Has 1 central burner and 4 burners around it, one of which is smaller for 'simmering.' My guess is that it's pushing 15 years old.

Would prefer to repair it if that's reasonable versus getting a new one.

Have you checked the ignition switch? Pretty often a build up of fat/oils will cause the switch to stick.

Also, has the hob been cleaned lately? A bit of water can cause faults like this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Akesh wrote: »
    Have you checked the ignition switch? Pretty often a build up of fat/oils will cause the switch to stick.

Also, has the hob been cleaned lately? A bit of water can cause faults like this too.

We keep it clean but it didn't improve overnight.

Where is the ignition switch?

Advertisement