Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling trapped; anywhere to go to?

Options
  • 14-01-2021 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Evening All,

Really need a break, like really badly, just need to fly the roost for few days.

What is the situation if get flight out of Dublin and return via Belfast, can I avoid all issues regarding tests and quarantine.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Evening All,

Really need a break, like really badly, just need to fly the roost for few days.

What is the situation if get flight out of Dublin and return via Belfast, can I avoid all issues regarding tests and quarantine.

Thanks

You can but we wont know how to avoid you on your return.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,547 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You know how awful all of this is, the lockdowns, everything being closed, lack of being able to travel, the sense that it'll never end?

We live on an island. The virus came here by air. Make of that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

What is best country to head to in EU with most stuff open, is France the most realistic option? Least restrictions etc and less red tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Garda checkpoints on routes near the border. Chances are you'll get stopped at some point.

The rules are there to protect people. Please don't try to get around them, putting others at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

2/10. Poor effort- needs a lot of work.

• Advertisement

Caranica wrote: »
    Garda checkpoints on routes near the border. Chances are you'll get stopped at some point.

The rules are there to protect people. Please don't try to get around them, putting others at risk.

Will be getting bus or train to connolly. thanks for info though.

Will be getting bus or train to connolly. thanks for info though.

They can board those too ;)

Caranica wrote: »
    They can board those too ;)

can an irish citizen not return home from abroad

wouldnt be an issue surely

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

I have friends who are Guards in the North West.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Evening All,

Thanks

Is this a pisstake? Returning via Belfast? Cop on

• Advertisement

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    I have friends who are Guards in the North West.

:D good man, falcarragh?

El Sueño wrote: »

?? i hardly want to get a feckin pcr test after going away for a few days to clear my head. Time for government to be realisitic and accept lateral flow tests

belfast return is obviously easier

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

OP don't you live in one of the most scenic counties in Ireland with beauty spots and beaches on your doorstep?

Why visit somewhere else? Just stay at home like everyone else. Everyone is miserable and fed up. Take a walk or a jog to clear the head. You will only bring something back with you and hurt a close one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭johnire

I think it is folks- just ignore this post and don't comment.
    El Sueño wrote: »

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    OP don't you live in one of the most scenic counties in Ireland with beauty spots and beaches on your doorstep?

Why visit somewhere else? Just stay at home like everyone else. Everyone is miserable and fed up. Take a walk or a jog to clear the head. You will only bring something back with you and hurt a close one.

Is there not more chance of me getting it in Ireland? I will be going to less infected country.

Is there not more chance of me getting it in Ireland? I will be going to less infected country.
    Yep for sure, you're exactly the type of person who is highly likely to get it. And unfortunately spread it too.

What is best country to head to in EU with most stuff open, is France the most realistic option? Least restrictions etc and less red tape.

6pm curfew announced for next 2 weeks. Thought of you when I heard it

Advertisement