Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hall Of Fame 2021

Options
  • 12-01-2021 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭

Any new names rumoured or just last year's names as no ceremony was held

The Undertaker?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say they will hold off Takers HOF induction till they can have crowds again

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Id say they will hold off Takers HOF induction till they can have crowds again

Have Christian headline this year so ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think I read last week they are going with last year’s lot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Molly seems like the biggest sweetheart in the wrestling business. You only ever hear people saying great things about her.

• Advertisement

I really thought all the Hollys were cousins :o when I was younger

Just googled Molly and saw she's only 43. That means she left WWE when she was only 27/28. That's wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I know it's the WWE HOF and the bar is pretty low, but man Molly Holly has got to be one of the weaker entrants in the thing. 4-5 year run in the company, perennial undercard talent. I'm trying to think of any case you could make for her and I swear I can't think of 1 outside of she's popular with the office and they need a female entrant every year.

I know it's the WWE HOF and the bar is pretty low, but man Molly Holly has got to be one of the weaker entrants in the thing. 4-5 year run in the company, perennial undercard talent. I'm trying to think of any case you could make for her and I swear I can't think of 1 outside of she's popular with the office and they need a female entrant every year.

Nonsense.

Two time women's champions and look at the legacy she has with the current women's roster with so many being inspired by her.

But unsurprisingly, you're just parroting Meltzer again...
    Yeah, I mean it doesn't mean anything to me. You know it's like 'whatever, whatever' you know. I could go through the career it's like 5 years no main events you know what I mean? But they have to induct a woman that's the rules

Think for yourself, man.

I'd have Molly in it over any of the current women's division.

She was super popular during a time when the business was far hotter. Great worker.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Nonsense.

Two time women's champions and look at the legacy she has with the current women's roster with so many being inspired by her.

But unsurprisingly, you're just parroting Meltzer again...

Think for yourself, man.

Dude I watched that entire period (again, I see everything) and I can safely say in any normal HOF (one not determined by who Vince currently likes) she'd be nowhere near it.

Never drew a dime.
    Never headlined a show.

You're telling me the main reasons for her going in are 2 Women's Titles (everyone in that company holds a million titles and the Women's Title was so far down the pecking order in her time there it's next to irrelevant). And her legacy? Dude what legacy? Name me 3 memorable Molly Holly matches?

It's the WWE HOF, we all know the score, but she's one of the weakest entrants yet and your threadbare arguments against that pretty much say everything that needs to be said.

I can promise you, I form more takes on different companies and eras in a day than you will in months. So probably don't question those.

I'd have Molly in it over any of the current women's division.

She was super popular during a time when the business was far hotter. Great worker.

So if you're taking the WWE criteria then sure. And we are because that's the HOF she's going into.

If you applied any normal criteria: drawing power, legacy, body of work. She scores literally 0 in like all of those.

Again, it's the WWE HOF. But it's the modern equivalent of Carmella going into the HOF (which, she will if she stays on their good side).

Dude I watched that entire period (again, I see everything) and I can safely say in any normal HOF (one not determined by who Vince currently likes) she'd be nowhere near it.

Never drew a dime.
    Never headlined a show.

You're telling me the main reasons for her going in are 2 Women's Titles (everyone in that company holds a million titles and the Women's Title was so far down the pecking order in her time there it's next to irrelevant). And her legacy? Dude what legacy? Name me 3 memorable Molly Holly matches?

It's the WWE HOF, we all know the score, but she's one of the weakest entrants yet and your threadbare arguments against that pretty much say everything that needs to be said.

I can promise you, I form more takes on different companies and eras in a day than you will in months. So probably don't question those.

And they're all formed after reading Dave's newsletter. Your opinion on Molly Holly's HoF is exactly Meltzer's but with the words jumbled around. You haven't an original thought on wrestling in your skull.

My thoughts on her legacy of inspiring loads of this generation of female wrestlers and that being more than enough to warrant the HoF holds far more water than your "What's her star ratings?" nonsense.

After Lita, I think Molly was one of the most over face divas in WWE at the time

J. Marston wrote: »
    And they're all formed after reading Dave's newsletter. Your opinion on Molly Holly's HoF is exactly Meltzer's but with the words jumbled around. You haven't an original thought on wrestling in your skull.

My thoughts on her legacy of inspiring loads of this generation of female wrestlers and that being more than enough to warrant the HoF holds far more water than your "What's her star ratings?" nonsense.

Oh lord. What else is there to say on Molly Holly? She's a silly choice from the undercard. Any HOF would be devalued by having her in it, if the WWE weren't already a joke.

Tell you what, if you want to fire me some questions, I'll answer them quick before I could consult an Observer for takes and we'll see where we land. Though Dave has watched more pro wrestling than I ever will, I'd say I'd watch a greater range of modern stuff than he does, but whatever.

And why am I taking wrestling take advice from a guy who only watches WWE? Today alone I've watched shows from 4 different companies and it's a Thursday! (AEW, NXT, NJPW and a classic PWG).

Dude you realise that when she was an active member of the roster there was what, maybe 12 active female competitors on TV? Of those, Lita, Trish Stratus, Ivory, Victoria, Jazz (maybe Gail Kim but more for her TNA stuff) are all considered more influential to modern women's wrestlers in WWE because they were more focused on in ring work than what was featured in the late 90's. So, at very best, she's like the 6th most influential wrestler on like a roster of like 12 at a time? That's the best case you can put forward for her...

And that's a breakdown. Maybe I should do a newsletter?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    After Lita, I think Molly was one of the most over face divas in WWE at the time

Liz even taking the brief period of time where she was popular (because most of the time she was a filler in the women's division in this 5 year run) Trish, Lita, Stacy Kiebler and Stephanie McMahon were all more over acts. Literally there was like only 3 or 4 other women in the company at that stage!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kind of agree with LineOfBeauty here sadly :eek:

I've stopped really paying attention to the HOF because of some of the people that have gone in, Molly is no different imo.

Lookit it's very clear that she's incredibly well respected by her peers and there is some merit in inclusion based off that but on overall end product she was popular for what, 2 years tops? And in that time it's very difficult to say she was a draw of any major merit in a WWE roster absolutely jampacked with legit megadraws.

The flip side to all of this is that because they insist on making it an annual thing with multiple inclusions the quality of the nominees is naturally going to diminish over time.

Who is left that is legit a HOFer in WWE circles that they could possibly induct? Not including currently active guys.

Taker, Vince, The Rock, Triple H.

Jericho (eventually)...
    Punk (again at some point in time)

So because it continues to be an annual thing you just have to take it with a pinch of salt imo.

Necro wrote: »
    Kind of agree with LineOfBeauty here sadly :eek:

I've stopped really paying attention to the HOF because of some of the people that have gone in, Molly is no different imo.

Lookit it's very clear that she's incredibly well respected by her peers and there is some merit in inclusion based off that but on overall end product she was popular for what, 2 years tops? And in that time it's very difficult to say she was a draw of any major merit in a WWE roster absolutely jampacked with legit megadraws.

The flip side to all of this is that because they insist on making it an annual thing with multiple inclusions the quality of the nominees is naturally going to diminish over time.

Who is left that is legit a HOFer in WWE circles that they could possibly induct? Not including currently active guys.

Taker, Vince, The Rock, Triple H.

Jericho (eventually)...
    Punk (again at some point in time)

So because it continues to be an annual thing you just have to take it with a pinch of salt imo.

You love me really.

And again I can't stress enough, for the WWE HOF sure, it's par for the course. You could run through their HOF and like you'd probably end up saying less than 10% belong in a HOF if you applied criteria to it like say the baseball HOF does. It's a nonsense. Though even by the standards they've set she's clearly one of the weaker picks they've had. Like it's impossible to get upset, or make a case for anyone because it's so dumb.

So if you're taking the WWE criteria then sure. And we are because that's the HOF she's going into.

If you applied any normal criteria: drawing power, legacy, body of work. She scores literally 0 in like all of those.

Again, it's the WWE HOF. But it's the modern equivalent of Carmella going into the HOF (which, she will if she stays on their good side).

She wrestled at a time when women were a sideshow. Even Lita and Trish are as well known for managing as they are for their singles runs.

She was trained by Dean Malenko and Finlay, and it showed.

She has been cited by numerous wrestlers as an influence so she certainly left a legacy.

As for the bolded bit - she's a millions lightyears away from what Carmella is, or ever will be, in every facet.

She wrestled at a time when women were a sideshow. Even Lita and Trish are as well known for managing as they are for their singles runs.

She was trained by Dean Malenko and Finlay, and it showed.

She has been cited by numerous wrestlers as an influence so she certainly left a legacy.

As for the bolded bit - she was a millions lightyears away from Carmella in every facet.

That's great except I've already named 5 wrestlers from her era who are considered more influential in ring than she is. The other half of the roster were mainly valets. So that point is mute.

Where are these wrestlers? Literally who watched Molly Holly and thought "ye, that's what I want to do with my life." I'm running through the big name wrestlers in WWE right now and I can't think of any. Sasha? Big joshi mark. Asuka or Io Shirai? Hardly. Charlotte? Her dad is literally Ric Flair. Bayley? John Cena, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio apparently. Nia? Family business. Like who are these people?

Is she? I'd argue Carmella has more accomplishments, has had a longer run and more memorable and better matches. I'm talking myself into Carmella being a viable candidate for this dopey HOF. The bar is absolutely low enough.

• Advertisement

Dude you realise that when she was an active member of the roster there was what, maybe 12 active female competitors on TV? Of those, Lita, Trish Stratus, Ivory, Victoria, Jazz (maybe Gail Kim but more for her TNA stuff) are all considered more influential to modern women's wrestlers in WWE because they were more focused on in ring work than what was featured in the late 90's. So, at very best, she's like the 6th most influential wrestler on like a roster of like 12 at a time? That's the best case you can put forward for her...

Spouting out your hole.

Ivory, Victoria and Jazz are considered more influential by who?

No gripe with any of them, all talented women that I've enjoyed, but Molly was more accomplished all-round.

Ask 100 people in the street if they've heard of the above three plus Molly and Molly will be most familiar.

Where are these wrestlers? Literally who watched Molly Holly and thought "ye, that's what I want to do with my life." I'm running through the big name wrestlers in WWE right now and I can't think of any. Sasha? Big joshi mark. Asuka or Io Shirai? Hardly. Charlotte? Her dad is literally Ric Flair. Bayley? John Cena, Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio apparently. Nia? Family business. Like who are these people?

Is English your first language?

Do you know what an influence is?

Spouting out your hole.

Ivory, Victoria and Jazz are considered more influential by who?

No gripe with any of them, all talented women that I've enjoyed, but Molly was more accomplished all-round.

Ask 100 people in the street if they've heard of the above three plus Molly and Molly will be most familiar.

Is English your first language?

Do you know what an influence is?

So.... You've asked me who those 3 are considered more influential by but haven't given me a single person who is influenced by Molly Holly? BTW if you watched that era, fairly clear those 3 were pushed to a higher degree than Holly (who outside of the initial cousin run, which was character stuff and didn't rely on her ring skill at all) and were trusted in bigger spots than her too.

Lol what street are you walking down where any 100 people would know any of the 4 of them? Hulk Hogan, ye. Steve Austin, ye. The Rock, ye. Molly Holly? Get outta here with your imaginary street.

After your 1st paragraph I'm not sure I do anymore. You seem to be in the process of redefining it.

By the way, I asked for 3 memorable Molly Holly matches earlier (you know, something that should be like the lowest of low bars for any HOF candidate) and I've not gotten 1. Instead all I'm hearing about is influence, but nobody can actually tell me who it is she's influenced either. So now I'm really confused.

Not a single person has mentioned her drawing record (here's a clue, it's 0).

So I'm left with some aggressive takes for daring to ask why a lower mid card act would be going into a HOF. In the process of this, I've even found the time to make a stronger case for Carmella to go into the HOF right now than Holly.

Molly had decent feuds with Trish both as a face and heel, imho she contributed more than the Bellas (more reality tv fame) and Beth Phoenix also, so I do think she deserves her spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Your arrogance knows no bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Really hoping Haku goes in this year, in my own opinion I know some of you may disagree I am really surprised he isn't in it...

Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Well it's not arrogance if I back it up and brother I back it up every day.

Great, now I sound like a heel and a lunatic who wants Carmella in a HOF.

The way the two lads are going on you'd swear I'm here dissing Bull Nakano and not Molly bloody Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well it's not arrogance if I back it up and brother I back it up every day.

... LineOfBeauty - the new leggo.
    You even post long essays. Seriously is that you leggo? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought Molly Holly had a fun run with WWE. I still remember all of her Mighty Molly skits, she can do comedy very well unlike most wrestlers today.

While Trish and Lita main focus of the division, she was workhorse of the division.

She was even committed to shaving her head to get a spot on WrestleMania card.

She could of had a longer run with company but she did not like the direction of division at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,356 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I loved Molly and I'm delighted she gets in.

Advertisement