Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL Playoffs - Divisional round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

BrentMused wrote: »
    Well done to the Bills. The far better team and that was a masterclass in coaching from Frazier especially who embarrassed his counterpart(s) throughout.

All things considered with that season I'd be happy enough with a playoff trip and a win during same if I were the Ravens. It was a bit of a disaster all round with the COVID mess and long losing streak.

Again I'll say that one big problem for Baltimore when they get to this level is that 90% of the time their opponents are going to have at least one elite receiver.

They haven't had one for a long, long time now and it is extremely debilitating when you get to the playoffs.

It's easier said than done and it's not as if they haven't tried especially in more recent years, but for example every team left in the playoffs all have at least one WR who is far superior to anything they have: Bills (Diggs), Browns (Beckham/Landry), Buccs (Evans), Packers (Adams), Chiefs (Hill), Saints (Thomas).

I would also be having a serious look at moving on from Greg Roman and pass game coordinator David Culley. Jackson is far from perfect, but he is more than good enough to win with and is not helped in any way by the offensive scheme.

While I agree they need a big time receiver I think that’s skirting around the real issue. Lamar cannot take over games with his arm the way Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady can. He is a phenomenal player in his own right but he is not a championship QB. 3 points tonight is a big worry for any team with super bowl ambitions in the near future.

I can’t ever see him winning out a playoff run and Super Bowl, especially after they pay him and the talent around him suffers for it. I know Lamar went off injured tonight but they were pretty much buried at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,174 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I know Lamar went off injured tonight but they were pretty much buried at that point.

To be fair, if that end zone pick 6 goes the other way then they’re probably level. Bad pick but it happens them all

2 poor games tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Cmon THE BILLS!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭threeball

Lamar is a below average QB with immense speed and is always going to struggle when it gets to the playoffs. The defences are too good to allow him pick up huge yardage on the ground and his lack of aerial threat only makes the situation worse. He ends up taking away his own RB's run game too. When he scrambles he scrambles to run not to pass his way out of problems, ends up getting sacked a couple of times and once they go 3rd and long they're then in big trouble. They may need to rethink their whole strategy or every year will feel like groundhog day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm glad I had the common sense to go to bed before half time. Truly awful stuff, but Bills won't care and good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You say this every week and then slink back! :D

Well this week I meant it and stuck to it.

I'm glad I had the common sense to go to bed before half time. Truly awful stuff, but Bills won't care and good for them.

I am too. I checked the score this morning and it confirmed my decision.

The browns and chiefs game could be a classic.

Chiefs and Saints to get it done tonight. The Saints simply can't get the rotten calls they got the last two years you'd have to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pretty ominous opening drive there from The Chiefs. Missed the XP at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Only way I see the Browns can win this is if they get a couple of tds from defense or special teams....basically fluke-type plays.

Chiefs just better in every facet.

• Advertisement

Chiefs offence is too good.

Mahomes
    Hill
    Bell
    Hardman
    Kelce

Lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Panrich

Baker didn't get much help on that last series. A holding penalty on a big gain and two drops won't get it done against the chiefs.

What a huge holding call, instead of 1st and 10 from the kc27, they end up punting from their own 38.

Thats the type of mistake that the Browns can't afford.

Chubb with the 2 drops that might have made it a manageable 3rd down as well.

Only caveat is that the Chiefs have done this on a number of occasions over the last few weeks then they took their foot of the gas. If the chiefs play to their potential theyre unstoppable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

While I agree they need a big time receiver I think that’s skirting around the real issue. Lamar cannot take over games with his arm the way Mahomes, Rodgers or Brady can. He is a phenomenal player in his own right but he is not a championship QB. 3 points tonight is a big worry for any team with super bowl ambitions in the near future.

I can’t ever see him winning out a playoff run and Super Bowl, especially after they pay him and the talent around him suffers for it. I know Lamar went off injured tonight but they were pretty much buried at that point.

Sure Lamar can't take over games with his arm like those 3 but few can, seeing as those will go down in history as being in the discussion as the GOAT.

I don't see how people can push scheme and receiver talent as being side issues. In some cases it seems like it is still some confirmation bias from when he was drafted. I saw nothing last night or for most of the season that stresses out defense to take focus away from stopping Lamar running. The routes were extremely basic and no one was capable of getting close to open. I'm not sure what is being expected from Lamar, most QBs would struggle especially when you add their OL issues and a number of stupid mistakes.

As for today's game we're right on the edge of this being a blowout. Really disappointing divisional weekend of games so far (most of the playoff games have been poor so far).

The browns need to end the half with a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ah that's hard luck for the Browns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Ah jeez.

Oh you need to hold onto the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Great play be Sorensen - absolute sickener for Cleveland

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Ah that's hard luck for the Browns

Should have wrapped up the ball and taken the hit and see where would have been down. There was time left in the half.

Criminal from Higgins. Secure the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What an enormous play. Huge in the context of the game. What Mahomes go up the other way and get some points now with plenty of time on the clock.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Should have wrapped up the ball and taken the hit and see where would have been down. There was time left in the half.

I know but hard to take away the instinct of reaching for the pylon

Ah Fer Fecks sake. Give up Cleveland.

Instead of 1st and goal and be down 16-10, KC might score to go up further, and get the ball to start the 3rd.

Browns have been decent and deserve to be closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You can't moan an offensive player tried to score, it's literally the point of the game....

If that happened anywhere else on the field I reckon helmet to helmet would've been called.

Defender led with the crown of the helmet too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Panrich

Should have been illegal use of the helmet

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That should be a helmet to helmet call. That’s a joke.

Mahomes and KC getting away with it again.

Advertisement