Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper pipe for a light project

Options
  • 11-01-2021 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, does anyone know where I could buy shorter lengths of copper pipe (~1 m) for a small project. I've been to B&Q and the shortest they sell is 3 m. It seemed fairly overpriced, anyone knows of a local supplier in Cork that would sell pipes and fittings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Look up a local plumbers suppliers, they'll cut it to size for you. Not one of the big store type places, a local long established place is what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Look up a local plumbers suppliers, they'll cut it to size for you.

sure they'd sell full lengths too

Of course they'd sell full lengths, but they should cut it to size. I needed a 10cm length of 3/4" a couple of months ago for a rad repair, no problem cutting it for me at my local building and plumbing suppliers. Think they charged me €1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mcgarrr

Cheers for the reply. ��
    I was hoping that. McMahon's is the closest building supplier, I'll give them a ring. Is there anyone you'd recommend around Cork? My google search really only turned up larger suppliers. Wasn't sure if I could buy off them without an account set up and vat no. etc?

Sorry, don't know anywhere in Cork, but I doubt any of the big places will help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mcgarrr

FYI Update, The Cork Building Providers out by Tougher sorted me out. Got all the pieces I wanted and they cut them to size as well in the yard. I got 2.75m 1/2" and 3/4" for less than one piece in B&Q.

Advertisement