Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your replacement straps?

Options
  • 28-12-2020 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi all,
    had anyone got any recommendations for a website to buy good quality leather or fabric straps please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭893bet

Budget is important

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collections/view-all-watch-straps

www.natostrapco.com shipping is included in the price. They'll also sell the hardware if you want to have a go at making your own nato strap.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Cassius99

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/

I've found Barton good to deal with. The straps seem good quality, cheap delivery and no issues with service either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've bought a couple of NATO's off the Bark & Jack guy and the quality is excellent in fairness, and not very expensive either. His NATO's have those squared off keepers that I like.

Also got leather and replacement bracelet from a guy called Michael who trades under VildBoyz on Etsy. Again, a good guy to deal with and very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any recommendations for replacement straps for Garmin smart watches, thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

Cassius99 wrote: »

I've found Barton good to deal with. The straps seem good quality, cheap delivery and no issues with service either.

I'd second Barton for any watch sub 500 bucks. Quality is excellent for what you pay. I have a couple for my vostok but I bought my sister two for her apple watch recently and she's also very impressed. They actually cocked up the order and sent two silicon instead of two sail cloths. They let us keep the two already sent and express posted the correct ones straight out to us so bonus marks for service too.

A lot depends on what watch you want the straps for though. You aren't going to put a Barton on a Vacheron.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thirded. I've a Barton sail cloth. For the money (about €20-€25 or so incl shipping) you really can't beat the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

I’ve had a few from martu leather. Quality is good but colour match can be tricky. For quality nato I found the omega nato great on omega watches. I’ve a horween leather strap from house of straps that nice and a erikas original strap on my sinn which I’m enjoying. I’ve a strapcode jubilee on my skx and a crafter blue strap I bought from a boards member.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Hirsch, in particular the Ranger, Liberty and Grand Duke. Lovely soft leathers and good quality buckles.

I’ve had a few from martu leather. Quality is good but colour match can be tricky.

Exactly! Had a tan strap made by her, it was lovely, but it was far browner than the picture on the website showed. I got onto her, she apologised and offered to send me another one free of charge. And she did. It was a touch lighter coloured, but still too brown for my liking :o

I can very much be a prick, demanding value for money and quality of product and, almost without exception, getting what I want and what I paid for (or else!). But at that stage I let this one go...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

unkel wrote: »
    Exactly! Had a tan strap made by her, it was lovely, but it was far browner than the picture on the website showed. I got onto her, she apologised and offered to send me another one free of charge. And she did. It was a touch lighter coloured, but still too brown for my liking :o

I can very much be a prick, demanding value for money and quality of product and, almost without exception, getting what I want and what I paid for (or else!). But at that stage I let this one go...

Yeah to be fair to her she refunded me for a strap without asking for return etc. The other obstacle is if you pick standard shipping takes long time and dhl is like 50 euro

I'm well used to long shipping times, just got something in the post a few weeks ago that I ordered 4 or 5 months ago :p

I'm not a patient man but if it's a choice of waiting a month with free shipping or waiting a week for €50 shipping, I can easily force myself to be patient :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I’ve ordered several straps from Toshi down through the years and the quality is consistently excellent - https://toshi-straps.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

unkel wrote: »
    Thirded. I've a Barton sail cloth. For the money (about €20-€25 or so incl shipping) you really can't beat the quality.

I’ve been looking at these this morning. I’m going to get one in black & grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cassius99 wrote: »

would they be good for replacement Swatch watch bands? My mother complains of the flimsy plastic buckle on hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

mrcheez wrote: »
    would they be good for replacement Swatch watch bands? My mother complains of the flimsy plastic buckle on hers.

I don't think Barton do straps for Swatch. Swatchs have a proprietary lug system that doesn't accommodate standard straps. Better try replacing the buckle preferably with a metal one from the Swatch Irony series.

538874.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Anybody have any experience with these guys:

https://www.watchstraps.ie/

Advertisement