Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,070 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Heh heh….. McInerney wasn’t so smug and self satisfied after the joust with the Big Dogs Francie.

I’ll send the winnings to Connolly House, care of G. Kelly.(front seat passenger)

Should get to you fairly quickly :D

I'll make another wager, double or quits so to speak (and that may be confirmed by others who were listening) and that is I bet Sarah didn't do as badly as you suggest.

Other than that, I will avoid the party political broadcasts you are attempting to drag me into on a 'Radio Forum'.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,561 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sarah trying to bring down a big beast……….

Not succeeding…………

She’s upping the word rate………sign of being rattled.

Edit

Got a new one ripped out for her, well done Simon, McInerney ow knows what senior hurling is like.

Well given she’s from Galway, I’d say she knows exactly what senior hurling is as her home county are fine exponents of the beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'll make another wager, double or quits so to speak (and that may be confirmed by others who were listening) and that is I bet Sarah didn't do as badly as you suggest.

Other than that, I will avoid the party political broadcasts you are attempting to drag me into on a 'Radio Forum'.

Francie, you are a big boy now, I’m not attempting to drag you anywhere.

All you have to do is resist the temptation to try and have a cut on the auld Brenner on any thread you think you can.

Bleating in the hope that a sympathetic mod might ‘yellow’ the Brenner are not appreciated, all content on topic and that kind of blind side action does nothing for your contribution.

You are bigger than that surely.

Francie, you are a big boy now, I’m not attempting to drag you anywhere.

All you have to do is resist the temptation to try and have a cut on the auld Brenner on any thread you think you can.

Bleating in the hope that a sympathetic mod might ‘yellow’ the Brenner are not appreciated, all content on topic and that kind of blind side action does nothing for your contribution.

You are bigger than that surely.

Is the Brendi trying to say he is above criticism or challenge. Lots of arrogance in here today.

Can you tell us why it is that when somebody is 'ripped it a new one' the 'ripper' is invariably a FGer?

Good lad Feargal….. supposed expert in reporting.

Doesn’t know the Minister for Health’s name.

How can one trust these clowns.

• Advertisement

Is the Brendi trying to say he is above criticism or challenge. Lots of arrogance in here today.

Can you tell us why it is that when somebody is 'ripped it a new one' the 'ripper' is invariably a FGer?

Francie, this is a Radio programme forum.

I am commenting on the performance of the presenters in this thread.

Now, like a good lad, stop trying to drag the Brenner into a political argument.

Sit back and take a sip of sour milk or sommit…

Francie, this is a Radio programme forum.

I am commenting on the performance of the presenters in this thread.

Now, like a good lad, stop trying to drag the Brenner into a political argument.

Sit back and take a sip of sour milk or sommit…

:D:D:D The scribbler of this opus accuses me of trying to start a 'political argument'. :)
    Brendi wrote:
    One of those who take responsibility Francie, who don’t hide in the whins and heather firing from the sidelines, one of those who stands up and takes control of situations and drives them along.

Not a bunch of imposters who promise the sun moon and stars that I could do on a social media site.

The players on the field stand or fall Francie, some may stand some may fall, but the stults on the sideline can pontificate ,roar and shout , nobody holds them to account ……

Stand up and be counted F, walking away from the hard votes epitomizes the yellow backbone your fellow travelers displayed.

All I asked was why the 'ripper' of your imaginations is invariably a FGer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The two of ye would want to book a room somewhere.

The two of ye would want to book a room somewhere.

Apologies. I just think it devalues the Radio Forum for somebody to continually use it for political point scoring.

Plenty of places on the site to vent your leanings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Sarah played a blinder as usual. She even managed to interrupt Simon (not an easy thing to do) expertly so ye can ignore all the horse posted on it.

I thought Mattie was going to stop the 'hole tearing' rubbish

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well given she’s from Galway, I’d say she knows exactly what senior hurling is as her home county are fine exponents of the beautiful game.

People talk a lot of shit on this Forum, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Galwegians and senior hurling. Please. 1988 was a long time ago.

Let O hEadhra and McInerney stick to what they're good at. Others can cover GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

People talk a lot of shit on this Forum, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Galwegians and senior hurling. Please. 1988 was a long time ago.

Let O hEadhra and McInerney stick to what they're good at.

2017 no?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    2017 no?

I was thinking of the famous rendition of The West's Awake by Joe McDonagh, but apparently it wasn't 1988 anyway.

The glory days are long finished, is my point!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Mod Note

Reminder please, no sniping at each other, issues with posts please report them. Final warning, next one is a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"Panicking" to get on the property ladder? The house in question sold for €1.3 million. Ya! I'm sure that was a panicking regular Joe & Mary Blogg first time buyer.

sligeach wrote: »
    "Panicking" to get on the property ladder? The house in question sold for €1.3 million. Ya! I'm sure that was a panicking Joe & Mary Blogg first time buyer.

The Irish Times are selling the same agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

"That's all from Cormac for five or six weeks" says Sarah with a chuckle.

WTF??

The Irish Times are selling the same agenda.
    I'm not keen on the idea of politicians attacking the media, but the only category of cheerleaders of the last 'boom' who have never given an adequate account of their behaviour is the print media. And, more importantly, they have never described the steps they will take to address such poor scrutiny of policy in the future.

I think the newspaper editors were brought before an Oireachtas committee, as there had been questions raised about the role of The Irish Times, in particular, and the profits it made from advertising property for sale, which obviously created a conflict of interest.

The Irish Times is at it again, and the property supplement has never been bigger. The print-media, specifically, has never taken any responsibility, I don't believe they learned anything.

In fairness to the other media, like radio, I think they're far more questioning and capable of challenging conventional wisdom.

Jaysus McInerney let it go for **** sake.

Nobody knows what’s going on so anxious you are to get a ‘hit’.

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

I'm not keen on the idea of politicians attacking the media, but the only category of cheerleaders of the last 'boom' who have never given an adequate account of their behaviour is the print media. And, more importantly, they have never described the steps they will take to address such poor scrutiny of policy in the future.

I think the newspaper editors were brought before an Oireachtas committee, as there had been questions raised about the role of The Irish Times, in particular, and the profits it made from advertising property for sale, which obviously created a conflict of interest.

The Irish Times is at it again, and the property supplement has never been bigger. The print-media, specifically, has never taken any responsibility, I don't believe they learned anything.

In fairness to the other media, like radio, I think they're far more questioning and capable of challenging conventional wisdom.[/QUOTE

I agree although it was a charge I used to level at the Indo...always managed to squeeze the odd sneaky piece about house price rises...well before the latest wave took off...remember a photo/item some years back of a supposed endless queue at a viewing outside some property in Dublin...photo was clearly cropped..I suspect the line really went no further than the half dozen in shot.
    As you say these guys have a vested interest in talking the market up

• Advertisement

Don’t tell me Samantha is in control for the full show here.

Needs to take a drink a bit more often, very dry mouthed on my device.

I won’t mention the ‘Nooze’ crap.

If she could cut out both of those things she would be quite good.

Slow down a bit, calm down, no need to rock on at 100k an hour.

She’s doing very well otherwise,

Oohhhh my ears, there it goes…..’Nooze’. Man… why oh why.

Ha hah Great response from Thomas Byrne when being introduced by Samantha

Worth a listen for the underwhelming response.

Samantha needs to pronounce ‘o’ as o not ‘u’

Ie recuvvered…. It’s recovered Sam

What’s this gimp Cooke doing in this slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,277 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

RTE shouldn't be talking about Pri.. Harry and his memoirs. Who gives a ****? This is Ireland. The programme is supposed to be about important and relevant news.

There'd be ructions in the Pale if they didn't pay attention to the Windsors sligeach...ructions!

Have you backup and a link to authenticate that statement, a chara?

It's a statement based on experience Brendi. Nowt else, there's nobody bothered collecting data on remaining royalists in the Pale. 😉

Aah ok Francie, only posts calling out the Shinners need to be backed up and linked.

Is that how it works?

This new site has me flummoxed, Francie, very hard to get used to the new rules.

Apologies.

• Advertisement

Your opinion never needed back-up or links Brendi. Nor for 'calling out' anybody or party. No new rules I'm aware of a chara.

No rule states you need be taking a wisecrack so seriously either. Are you from the 'Pale'? You know it no longer exists....yeh?

Advertisement