Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NT: The Hard Shoulder with Kieran Cuddihy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Honestly we have to listen to this lad and his cock and bull story again. He should have be treated like a hero should he, after all the lies he told.

And if he wants to preach tolerance, maybe he should start in his own house instead of preaching to the Irish people.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/ibrahim-halawa-dublin-egypt-13733984
    "Father of acquitted Ibrahim Halawa brands homosexuality as 'sinful'"

Any mention of this hypocrisy from NT, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

duncan from the labour party seems a bit naive...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Kieran loves nothing better than to grandstand on a fairly nothing event in the grand scheme of things. Today's example is the Jerusalema dance by the coastguards. His set pieces usually consist of a 3 minute monologue where he looks into the camera, gets all serious and surly and throws in statements like "what is going on here", all so he can watch all the "well said Kieran" comments roll in on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

In an attempt to get away from the misery around Covid, lockdown, job losses etc The Hard Shoulder are doing a special programme this evening.

On the Stardust disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭plodder

I thought the special on the Stardust was very good. KC showed empathy without being sentimental about it. Good job imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

No harm, but this show isnt a patch on what it was when either Hookie or Uncle Ivan were presenting it

Most of the daytime presenters on newstalk are off today , wonder why that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

zorro2566 wrote: »

Illuminati conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The schools being on mid term break is the obvious answer

Really? Has Pat Kenny got school children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really? Has Pat Kenny got school children?

Doubt it but only link I can come up with, maybe he's always taken the mid terms off down the years back when he did have kids and just kept doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Zoom discussion about redundancies? One can only dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They got soooooo many places to go and all.

Kieran Cuddihy doing his best to play up to the Republican segment of his listeners.

I have no time for people who troll, or worse, the likes of James McClean but he has brought a lot of it on himself. Like many others he should remember the old proverb 'those that live by the sword, perish by the sword' i.e if he would get off social media, stop tweeting, giving rubbish interviews about poppies and all the rest, he could have had a quiet life.Instead he's riled up the low end of the football gene pool and brought it home to his family. Also,Cuddihyseems genuinely upset by callers telling him GB isn't the cess pit of anti-Irish racism he believes it to be.

And for something really original the Thursday Interview is Panti Bliss....has he ever been interviewed on Newstalk before? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭plodder

Did nobody else hear him being pranked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Why do they feel the need to have random people phoning in? It's been happening more and more the last few weeks. I've turned off the show after the joker on a minute ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Why do they feel the need to have random people phoning in? It's been happening more and more the last few weeks. I've turned off the show after the joker on a minute ago

The breakfast show did that for a bit. Got listeners “views” on things at around 8:45am. God, it was just dreadful.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Agreed. It's awful.
    If I wanted to know what a load of thicks from the general public thought, I'd read the Radio forum.
    Keep these morons off the airwaves please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Cuddihys opening monologues are getting boring now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

Had to laugh when Stefanie Preissner was aghast to hear Cuddihys little joke about Meghan having to live with a bunch of Germans. Cuddihy not familiar with Stefanie's background or maybe forgotten in a bit of Royal bashing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Kieran Cuddihy doing his best to play up to the Republican segment of his listeners.

I have no time for people who troll, or worse, the likes of James McClean but he has brought a lot of it on himself. Like many others he should remember the old proverb 'those that live by the sword, perish by the sword' i.e if he would get off social media, stop tweeting, giving rubbish interviews about poppies and all the rest, he could have had a quiet life.Instead he's riled up the low end of the football gene pool and brought it home to his family. Also,Cuddihyseems genuinely upset by callers telling him GB isn't the cess pit of anti-Irish racism he believes it to be.

Good man del monte you old West Brit

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

Del.Monte wrote: »

every part of this is nonsense, army murders civilians in a mans home town and you expect this man to honour the same men. moronic. If that riles up the low end of the english gene pool, then thats on them.

he got dogs abuse for years before ever saying anything publically, just for not wearing a flower.

gourcuff wrote: »
    every part of this is nonsense, army murders civilians in a mans home town and you expect this man to honour the same men. moronic. If that riles up the low end of the english gene pool, then thats on them.

he got dogs abuse for years before ever saying anything publically, just for not wearing a flower.

I'm not engaging with you but you should try carefully reading what I said before reacting. I don't expect anybody to wear a poppy unless they want to and the whole poppy fascism thing gets my goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Why do we scare women into constantly being worried that someone will attack them. Yes there are d1ckheads and yes I had very unpleasant experiences myself but there is still very small likelihood anything will happen to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I don't know any women like the one on now 'who lives in fear everyday of her life'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

meeeeh wrote: »
    Why do we scare women into constantly being worried that someone will attack them. Yes there are d1ckheads and yes I had very unpleasant experiences myself but there is still very small likelihood anything will happen to us.

I had to turn this off pretty much straight away.

That hysterical monologue by the first contributor was beyond ridiculous.

As you say, bad things happen, and it would be lovely to be able to never have a worry - but hyping things up to that extent serves nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Allinall

2smiggy wrote: »
    I don't know any women like the one on now 'who lives in fear everyday of her life'

How do you know?

i would have thought most would not show it.

Also, it's a turn of phrase. Not to be taken literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know?

what turn of phase ?? What part should we take literally ? that's what she said.

Well any of the women I know in 20 or so years have never mentioned fear of walking home at night. Or during the day time like the woman calling into the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Allinall wrote: »
    How do you know?

Did you not hear her say that she does literally live in fear every day?

Advertisement