Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

Jaysus!! Niamh from Fair City on the latest "Government of Ireland" ad telling us all we are such good boys and girls to be free from restrictions BUT to be careful and get tests, vaccines and boosters..... feckin Nanny state.... like we can't live or celebrate life now without being told how to do it!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The Lloyds Pharmacy ads, aaaargh.

Also an ad for a beauty salon (I think) says it has a 'covid friendly' environment 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 15,746 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The Peugeot ad that starts with "At Purrr-joe..." and then pronounces it the usual way in the rest of the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Another Lidl ad at pains to point out they are Irish while not being Irish, with the woman who says "Oirish" as a way to drive the point home

The same annoying O'Meara camping ads coming out for another run for the 4th or 5th year in a row. Starting to become a bit like the fantasy lights Christmas ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Yer man's ma is on the floor again and he still doesn't know where she lives (near Kilmac) I guess he hasn't been around to visit much with Covid. With most of the Covid public info adverts being pulled I guess people can get back to regular stuff now, like.....falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

That ad is often cycle repeated, sometimes just before there is a survey done to see how widespread the use of the Eircode system is. There was a bit of an issue over it being declared 'a public service announcement', (panic people into using it) but it was decided that although the term should only be designated for for official government use, this particular use had been approved by the relevant department that commissioned the service and therefore it was outside the scope of the regulator.

Greyhound Racing Ireland on a charm offensive hoping we'll forget about the bad press.

Looking after athletes...since when is a dog an 'athlete'?

And it's on 24/7. How can they afford that? I thought they were (rightfully) on their knees financially?

The the parents talking about "ah our Sinead" in the allianz car insurance ad. The father's high pitched nordy accent is extremely annoying - "spillun her cereal"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Halo Care. Putting Mammy under 24 hour surveillance so smug daughter doesn't have to do her share of the caring. Poor Mammy can't even have an affair in peace or go the Solicitor to change her Will without the App telling her nearest and dearest...

Tbf these two blethering on about their fictional daughter is less annoying than "it's a chup!"

A new trend in ads, a bland company name (Accenture) and an inspirational poster word salad without revealing what the company actually does.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I know I have mentioned it before but that ad about the 'silent conversations with drivers' - I now switch off the radio as soon as it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

That ad irks me for some reason.

Ironically the other day that was on the radio and I turned a corner to see an auld wan in the middle of the road trying to cross.....nowhere near the zebra crossing which was only a few yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Jamie Heaslip flogging lease cars 🤮 Sorry Jamie but you have the charisma of a sick bag.

For me, I think it's partly that she sounds really patronising.

And having seen the tv ad, I keep thinking why the **** would you stand in the middle of the road, to prove a point anyway.

FBD and their 'hilarious' talking inanimate objects.

Judging from a current thread, some posters would rather prove a point than look out for their own safety.

I hear they're now using the mental health angle "you're going to be great today 👍👍👍" to try flog booster jabs to the late teens to twenties age bracket. Using Blind Boy Boat Club and some other young wan to try make it sound more trendy and 'on their level' I guess. I wonder did anyone actually do a bit of research as to how many youngins listen to RTE radio?

• Advertisement

Post edited by whisky_galore on

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

ah yes 3 year olds often get Geneva and Aviva mixed up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

the current promo for RTE Radio 1 Drivetime is painful

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

The voice of the woman in the Lidl ads and the way she pronounces 'i' as 'oi'. Noine-noinety-noine....Oirish

Yer man who does the Lotto ads, the Euro Millions ads, the Dacia ads, the Dealz ads and gods knows how many other ads is now doing Irish Rail ads. In the near future adverts will just be him 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"DIS! IS! DUBLIN!"

....come to think of it, it is the perfect city to represent Eircom.

Oh fcuk off bosses bossing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

And why they think this would make anyone listen to DT is beyond me. If Sarah is on I might listen. Cormac = change station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Rory from Elephant storage "and sorry you can't sleep there" 🤨

Advertisement