Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I did something in the house...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

My biggest issue with a thread like this is that it requires me to plan ahead.
    I frequently start tinkering with something only to realise that after 6-8 hours I have completely changed something but neglected to take a before photo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Re-painted the bathroom over the weekend, no photos but my hands are still stained from the oil paint I used to re-paint the wood panelling and I've to re-connect the radiator etc. when the paint has had a proper chance to dry so it'll be the weekend before it's finished...

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

LenWoods wrote: »
    If you have some space outside you may consider purchasing a pop up gazebo with side curtains;
    Would be ideal for drying out the panels outside,
    Good deals on them in argos or adverts,
    I have a pop up version myself
    Takes two people to erect just hold two corners and walk backwards away from each other
    Followed by extending the legs out
    Maybe an option
    Cheers. Not a bad option at all. Hopefully people don't mistake it for a pop up covid testing bay. The wind these days isn't helping anyways.
    GreeBo wrote: »
    Beware that tester pots are typically just emulsion, so the final finish will be different when you buy gloss/satin wood etc for the cabinets.
    Yup. Have that in mind. The finish is grand, though not as smooth as I had hoped. Hopefully the proper paint will be better.
    you could use a primer after you sand the cabinet doors

I could, though i'd avoid it if I could too. 1. It'll be cheaper without it, and 2. The paint says no primer needed.

I can't say i've made any progress on this though. Not even got handles. I've an idea what I want, but the better half isn't so sure... and isn't providing suggestions either. :rolleyes:

Been busy in other areas though. Got our stairs and landing recarpeted, pressure washed the back and got some garden furniture for it, and in general just got a few bits and bobs to finish off a few rooms in the house. Just material things.

GreeBo wrote: »
    My biggest issue with a thread like this is that it requires me to plan ahead.
    I frequently start tinkering with something only to realise that after 6-8 hours I have completely changed something but neglected to take a before photo :(

Godammit I did it again. :mad:

Started edging the grass in the garden last night and discovered a path I didn't know existed down the back and around my greenhouse!

Had to replace our bathroom sink after I gave it a bullseye at the start of lockdown.

Patched it up with some enamel paint:
    image.png

In replacing the sink I didn't want a sunken sink, so that would mean replacing the countertop. The bathroom will get an overhaul at some stage, so I wanted to keep costs low, but none of the IKEA countertops took my fancy. I decided to build my own from some planed softwood from the local builders merchants.

I've no pics of this stage, but I cut them to length got lucky that they seemed up perfectly, and wood glued them together. Once set, I planed and sanded everything down as level and smooth as I could before staining.

So I stained:
    image.png

Then oiled almost every day for a week with danish oil:
    image.png

I've never done any plumbing, so the tap and waste were all new to me. Hit a few snags with the waste (which was a bit of a mishmash to being with - multiple needless joints, and installed such that water and gunk gathered just after the ubend), but a check today and nothing seems to be leaking.

Then the water in just barely had enough slack to marry up to the flexipipe (since the sink is raised now).

image.png

Discovered the walls were not square (amateur) so I had to go planing in the bathroom to get a better fit. Ended up chipping a bit of the new countertop so i'll have to fill and patch that.

The backsplash tiles were boring cream so rather than going to the effort of replacing them, I got tile stickers to go on top. Time will tell if they were a good idea in a bathroom.

New countertop, new sink, new tap, new "tiles".

image.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

image.png

That looks excellent for a quick job - looking to do something similar here. What size were the wooden boards you got for it? And did you just wood glue on it's own or use a joint of some sort alongside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭PMBC

Nice job.
    I cant compete with that but .....
    This morning I took the bulb out of the oven as it blew a few weeks ago. Previous ovens I always found difficult as the bulb cover was 'baked' in. However this cover screwed out very easily. Too good to be true, though as it broke in two as I was removing it. I did manage to screw it back in while holding it together. Now to get a bulb and be a hero for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'll post some pictures when it's done, but we started demo work for reroofing an old cow shed here yesterday. Removed old concrete caps, removed old rusted galvanize sheets/felt etc and all old rotten wood rafters/wall plates. Stripped back to walls only now.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    That looks excellent for a quick job - looking to do something similar here. What size were the wooden boards you got for it? And did you just wood glue on it's own or use a joint of some sort alongside it?

Surprised how quick a job it was. Granted I broke things up into chunks.
    1. Make the counter top - 2 hours maybe
    2. Stain and seal - 5- 10 minutes here and there
    3. Prep the sink tap and waste including cut outs in the countertop - 30+ minutes
    4. Swap everything out. 3 hours maybe.

I was able to get away with just 1 length of 2X6 planed, cut in 3, and a few inches cut off the long edge.

Just used wood glue. I read/watched stuff around jointing (mostly around how to joint without XYZ tool), and quite a few said not to bother with biscuits etc, and to be fair, from carrying around the glued finished product it's solid as a single piece.

I did something similar before, but held together with brackets. Brackets were not an option this time, given the environment. Tbh glue was a better finish, and cheaper than all those brackets I bought.
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Saturday cleared out all the gutter wastes. There's 7 and they were gack. Probably never cleaned before. No more overflows from the rain hopefully

• Advertisement

So today I did a power flush on the heating system. Threw some chemical cleaner into the tank yesterday for pre treatment. Spent yesterday putting in a isolating valve for the header and expansion to turn from vented to closed system during the flush. Also removed some obsolete piping in the hot press from old aga stove.

Today was a haul I think it took 7 hours total. Removed the pump and installed the power flush feed in line there. Alot of back forth and rad banging with a mallet . Quite the dirty system.

Result is 2 rad rooms that simply wouldn't work before are now working and all rads heating up instantly. I'm sitting here listening to the light hum of the pump rushing water at speed . It just sounds so clean. Might be in my head....

Waiting on delivery of a magnaclean unit . Delayed somehow on addresspal. Thanks for the delays an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

listermint wrote: »
    So today I did a power flush on the heating system. Threw some chemical cleaner into the tank yesterday for pre treatment. Spent yesterday putting in a isolating valve for the header and expansion to turn from vented to closed system during the flush. Also removed some obsolete piping in the hot press from old aga stove.

Today was a haul I think it took 7 hours total. Removed the pump and installed the power flush feed in line there. Alot of back forth and rad banging with a mallet . Quite the dirty system.

Result is 2 rad rooms that simply wouldn't work before are now working and all rads heating up instantly. I'm sitting here listening to the light hum of the pump rushing water at speed . It just sounds so clean. Might be in my head....

Waiting on delivery of a magnaclean unit . Delayed somehow on addresspal. Thanks for the delays an post.
    very satisfying and rewarding job you got done there,
    i recommend adding a bottle of endotherm to the system helps to heat up quicker; i purchased from purchase.ie in the west of ireland,
    Link: https://purchase.ie/product/all-products/endotherm-central-heating-saver

also regarding AddressPal; im seeing a delay of 5-6 working days from the time the item arrives in to AddressPal in the uk to the time it arrives in my local post office, i suppose this is due to increased volumes aswell as reduced staff due to covid.

i ordered a christmas list on amazon and mistakenly had my AddressPal address set on the order instead of my actual home, ended up paying to recieve eight packages where seven of those would have shipped directly to my home for free lol,

so eh sorry for contributing to the volume passing through the service it was a costly error on my behalf.

Our son has a lot of HotWheels cars, and tends to tip out an entire Kallax storage basket full of toys on to the floor to find a particular favorite car,
    so i was browsing on Amazon and found a plywood storage shelf made specifically for 1/64 Scale HotWheels cars or any vehicle of 1/64 scale.

pnhpsAIPj

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVXHPWS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Pr3NFbVAHTTN1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased via AddressPal and it arrived last Friday, i then went to my very local DIY store which had very limited variety of paint as i was looking for a charcoal color to match that of his VI pack Pino mid-sleeper bed,

pmiV8uJ7j

however I did get a color which is quite close; Rust-Oleum All Purpose Dark Grey

poXLZYrhj

It wasn't the cheapest of paint at €27.32 but it was all that i could source in a short time frame from a local supplier and it turned out to be ideal.

i first painted up the main box on Saturday evening and left to dry overnight;

pmBejTofj

Sunday morning then; i began to dismantle and paint each panel

pmnin4wpj

which was a tedious job; trying to hold each one while watching for paint runs and then trying not to smudge the finish,

podLcsTXj

i suppose spraying would have been easier and faster however; I don't have a shed or dry area outside of the home to spray in,
    it all worked out perfect in the end though.

pn6RG8g0j

i left those to dey for eight hours; meanwhile i measured up his wall and fitted for 90 degree brackets to the wall to house the main box,
    I've two brackets fitted in an "L" shape on the bottom and a reverse "7" on the top measured 20mm from the edge on both ends,
    these brackets are screwed to the wall using 6mm screws followed my some small self tapping screws which go in through the brackets in to the main frame of the unit.

later fitted the inserts and 80 HotWheel vehicles, he's absolutely delighted with it and so are we, it looks great on the wall as decoration as well as storage, i plan to purchase another one now to fit half way up on the left of this one, painted the same color.

although the quality of the shelves could be a little better there are some hair line fractures in the shelves as one would expect to see in plywood that has been machine cut; however all of that gets covered up when painting and once the vehicles go in; it adds to the cozy feeling of the room in my opinion, makes it more unique and homely.

pn61FPAFj

poqgazsSj

half a days work spread across two days while allowing time to dry; overall time very well spent in my opinion.
    he has told me that ill be the topic of todays news at school.:)

very satisfying and rewarding job you got done there,
    i recommend adding a bottle of endotherm to the system helps to heat up quicker; i purchased from purchase.ie in the west of ireland,
    Link: https://purchase.ie/product/all-products/endotherm-central-heating-saver

also regarding AddressPal; im seeing a delay of 5-6 working days from the time the item arrives in to AddressPal in the uk to the time it arrives in my local post office, i suppose this is due to increased volumes aswell as reduced staff due to covid.

i ordered a christmas list on amazon and mistakenly had my AddressPal address set on the order instead of my actual home, ended up paying to recieve eight packages where seven of those would have shipped directly to my home for free lol,

so eh sorry for contributing to the volume passing through the service it was a costly error on my behalf.

Never heard of it. Is that different to inhibiter ? I've a bottle of that to go in when the magnaclean arrives.

listermint wrote: »
    Never heard of it. Is that different to inhibiter ? I've a bottle of that to go in when the magnaclean arrives.
    i think it has some inhibiter in it but its main selling factor is that it helps to heat up quicker and expel more heat reducing costs by up to 15%, its won loads of uk awards, i think it started off as a Dragon's Den product a few years ago,
    i have it in my system for the past two years now and the heat output seems to be pretty good.

Link to detail: https://www.cibsejournal.com/general/a-winning-formula-cibse-product-of-the-year-endotherm/#:~:text=In%202016%2C%20heating%20additive%20EndoTherm%20won%20Energy%20Saving,Endo%20Enterprises%E2%80%99%20Dale%20Edginton%20Posted%20in%20November%202017

Our son has a lot of HotWheels cars, and tends to tip out an entire Kallax storage basket full of toys on to the floor to find a particular favorite car,
    so i was browsing on Amazon and found a plywood storage shelf made specifically for 1/64 Scale HotWheels cars or any vehicle of 1/64 scale.

pnhpsAIPj

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVXHPWS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Pr3NFbVAHTTN1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased via AddressPal and it arrived last Friday, i then went to my very local DIY store which had very limited variety of paint as i was looking for a charcoal color to match that of his VI pack Pino mid-sleeper bed,

pmiV8uJ7j

however I did get a color which is quite close; Rust-Oleum All Purpose Dark Grey

poXLZYrhj

It wasn't the cheapest of paint at €27.32 but it was all that i could source in a short time frame from a local supplier and it turned out to be ideal.

i first painted up the main box on Saturday evening and left to dry overnight;

pmBejTofj

Sunday morning then; i began to dismantle and paint each panel

pmnin4wpj

which was a tedious job; trying to hold each one while watching for paint runs and then trying not to smudge the finish,

podLcsTXj

i suppose spraying would have been easier and faster however; I don't have a shed or dry area outside of the home to spray in,
    it all worked out perfect in the end though.

pn6RG8g0j

i left those to dey for eight hours; meanwhile i measured up his wall and fitted for 90 degree brackets to the wall to house the main box,
    I've two brackets fitted in an "L" shape on the bottom and a reverse "7" on the top measured 20mm from the edge on both ends,
    these brackets are screwed to the wall using 6mm screws followed my some small self tapping screws which go in through the brackets in to the main frame of the unit.

later fitted the inserts and 80 HotWheel vehicles, he's absolutely delighted with it and so are we, it looks great on the wall as decoration as well as storage, i plan to purchase another one now to fit half way up on the left of this one, painted the same color.

although the quality of the shelves could be a little better there are some hair line fractures in the shelves as one would expect to see in plywood that has been machine cut; however all of that gets covered up when painting and once the vehicles go in; it adds to the cozy feeling of the room in my opinion, makes it more unique and homely.

pn61FPAFj

poqgazsSj

half a days work spread across two days while allowing time to dry; overall time very well spent in my opinion.
    he has told me that ill be the topic of todays news at school.:)

I can't edit the original post; so I've quote it to add;
    I've since purchased a second one of these Hotwheels storage units and painted it up last weekend; now fitted on the wall leaving room for more vehicles in the future,

pm0KLvQtj

pn32QRnGj

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Great job on the hot wheels display cases. Hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the 2 white shelving units that you have fixed up at ceiling height? I've been looking for something similar.

Thanks,

D.

Decoda wrote: »
    Great job on the hot wheels display cases. Hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the 2 white shelving units that you have fixed up at ceiling height? I've been looking for something similar.

Thanks,

D.

Thanks Decoda,
    I bought four of them on eBay UK around four years ago, they might also be available on Amazon by now,
    Here's a link to a seller on eBay UK:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Floating-Wall-Mount-Shelf-Cube-Sky-Box-DVD-Storage-HIFI-Shelf-Shelves-UK/124232571930

Found them on Amazon but three times the price:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Popamazing-50x15x27cm-Rectangle-Floating-Satellite/dp/B015IT1MZ4/ref=sr_1_68?dchild=1&keywords=floating%2Bshelf%2Bbox&qid=1607963153&sr=8-68&th=1

Back when I purchased them from eBay UK; they wouldn't ship to Ireland; I had to get them via Parcel Motel then direct to the house as they sent all four as one box lol,

I've got four of them in total; two in each room, there solid MDF around 8kg each; I bolted them together and fitted 90 degree stainless steel brackets which were also from purchased from eBay;

pmXHGEmWj

pnFM4Xptj

pnLm0ITBj

pnpc78Trj

Please excuse the black rings there; they are burn marks from the whole-saw as although they came with a pre-drilled hole; It lined up or corresponded with a wooden beam in my attic; I had to drill a replacement to allow cables pass through,

I then fitted tight to the ceiling to house a sky multiroom box and virgin media multiroom box, there both linked to televisions on the walls in the rooms and all devices plug in to sockets in the attic with a time clock on the plug for the televisions.
    Later patched around the cables with silicone in the attic to prevent any cold or spiders passing through.

pmqM4r1Sj

po71gaUTj

Saves alot of space and works really well, I'm using the sky drx595 multiroom box's for Freeview and the VM box's are on subscription, had to fit some 90 degree HDMi plug adapters to the VM box to allow it to fit in to the white box but the adaptor was only a few euro's.
    Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/VCE-2-PACK-Degree-Female-Adapter/dp/B00Y7UT6EK/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1JB97J355QALQ&dchild=1&keywords=90+degree+hdmi+adapter&qid=1607964372&quartzVehicle=1820-797&replacementKeywords=degree+hdmi+adapter&sprefix=90+degree+HDMi+ada%2Caps%2C452&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2XY2J3FRQ9IR9&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEySVYwWjEwMDRVMUdSJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDM3MTMyM0lKOEVaQlVaRFJONSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTQ0MzE5MVlWWEsySDVOOE1UWCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

The televisions may seem to be fitted quite high however I'd like to point out that they are being viewed from either a mid Sleeper bed or a high sleeper bunk bed.

Thanks,

i was expecting two oral B go pro electric tooth brushes to arrive today from Amazon;

However it was a nice surprise to find that the delivery was actually a hydraulic desk monitor mount which I had purchased for our daughters desk last week and wasn't expecting it to arrive until next Monday, which would have meant paying import tax, thankfully it arrived in 2020 so it was tax free,

these hydraulic mounts are not something i had ever considered purchasing until recently, as our eldest has really gotten interested in sewing and dress making now, the additional desk space would be useful for the sewing machine and laying out of material,

i logged on to Amazon and purchased one of these hydraulic monitor mounts which will take up minimal space on the desk as well as easily lift the monitor up out of the way when the desk space is required for other tasks,

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072MHWDRQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

heres a link to the power cube too if anyone's interested; as saw on the desk there its handy for charging the phone or plugging in any items without having to reach under the desk or trail cables across the floor: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allocacoc-PowerCube-Extended-Socket-Built/dp/B00KNWVRYS/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=powercube&qid=1609254218&s=electronics&sr=1-2

potJkOWij

pntEoaA8j

here was the desk setup as standard

pmcGc4P4j

poCDcoWWj

and now with the new hydraulic arm fitted, easily lifts up out of the way, it stays wherever you position it moves quite effortlessly but very sturdy,
    this one is mounted inside the existing desk grommet; came with the option of a desk clamp for the edge of the desk or sandwich plate for fitting in to a grommet, so I've used the sandwich plate, my only problem is that i have too many cables to pass through the grommet along down the allocated space at the rear of the mount; so I've had to route the cables down the rear of the desk but its working well, nice affordable price too, gives the comfort of a desktop but the utilization of space which a laptop would have provided. 

pnjmnyg5j

pnFmNfn6j

pn8pUUgvj

I've gotta get the unit in the corner of the kitchen built now; need to paint the kitchen and order the unit; which will take the Epson printer&scanner unit away from the desk as well, relocating it to the kitchen connected to the LAN network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Unfair to say I done this today or even this week as I finished it off before Christmas. Tiled the small bathroom floor in my homeplace. Its a small bathroom in a 70's built country bungalow. Am not keen on the modern large glossy magnolia bathroom floor tiles that seem to be the order of the day - I think the ones I went for will prove a bit more timeless in time.

This is my first time tiling. Had the most rudimentary of tools compared to the professionals - granted I took a fair amount of time to do the job (could have done it faster if I wanted but I think this is not too bad for the first time by an amateur chancer.

The previous tiles were laid very poorly by my father. To say there was lippage was an understatement. Bulk of the work went into removing what I can only assume to be an adhesive and cement mix he used to lay the tiles on. Then had to lay some self levelling compound to level it out.

Cutting the tiles was tough as the very basic Virtex manual cutter was not up t the job in reality. Could not pull the toilet as a sand and cement screed was previously laid above the screws to bring the bathroom floor up to the level of the hall floor (don't ask). I did not want to risk breaking the toilet with my hammer drill. The toilet bowl pan and waste outlets were separate at floor level and cutting the tile in between these well with angle grinder was particularly difficult. Also the toilet pan was not only curved as the tiles went around it but tapered inwards vertically also - had to shape the tiles as best I could with a handheld angle grinder with not an ideal blade and an angle grinder that the rpm was probably too fast on at the slowest speed.

The tiles I used are called Arabella and are 15cm by 15cm. I left a 1.5mm grouting gap and used ivory coloured grout.

I also plumbed in the new wash hand basin and not a leak in sight - better than the job the plumber made of the previous one. The eagle eyed will spot a tiny gap between the basin and the unit underneath. This was a manufacturing defect in the way the unit was cut unfortunately - need to fill it in better with white silicone.

Next job is wall tiles and new bath and side panels. Opinions sought on what wall tiles to use in what is a small and somewhat naturally dark bathroom.

• Advertisement

Nice floor , good job.i like the pattern.

If your not bothered tiling the walls , is consider painting the lower tiles up to the border white. Would tie in very well with that new floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Fine Cheers

Great job. Interesting tile pattern. Was going to say they didn't leave much room for error but then again probably helped in alignment. Could you use the floor tile as a perimeter border at say door head height and do rest in a cream or white ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks guys. Listermint I'd be inclined to tile the walls. Like the floor tiles I removed the tiles on the walls aren't done fantastically either. I'm no expert but think I might make a better final job of retiling rather than painting the existing tiles.
    DIY KING wrote: »
    Great job. Interesting tile pattern. Was going to say they didn't leave much room for error but then again probably helped in alignment. Could you use the floor tile as a perimeter border at say door head height and do rest in a cream or white ?
    Thanks DIY KING. There was not a massive margin for error as had to keep uniform pattern would kick out and small grout line too was not going to be forgiving but as you mentioned it helped also. I would nearly replace a skirting board with tiles as the room can get so damp. I think ideally tiles the same as wall tiles only thicker and long - tiling the walls down to the base and tiling over them with the base board substitute tiles (I'm probably calling them the incorrect name). Was thinking a cream or white for the wall tiles myself also or even a very light grey.

Ya tiles obviously better job to replace wasn't sure if you wanted to . Paintings a means to an end.

Great craic at the weekend, the -7C caused an outside tap to blow its end cap (there was a 1/2 -> 3/4 T that had been blanked off probably a million years ago)

only noticed the fountain of water at around midday to who knows how long it had been spraying, but had a nice 1 inch layer of ice all over everything nearby (including an apple tree!)

Its mains fed so I popped the water meter cover and shut the valve, so you can imagine my surprise when I went back to the garden to still see a fountain of water, appears its someone elses mains :)

Anywho, thankfully I had a space 3/4 end cap so replaced it without getting totally soaked and added some pipe insulation, funtimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pitterbrayn

Love the new wall art near the TV...green suits the room

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bought a new house recently so really only starting out as an amateur diyer!
    I am starting to gather tools and I had no real storage for them, so I made a French cleat tool wall in the garage, the wall is now in place and tomorrow I'll be designing fixings for it, right now I just have a rough cut box to charge my phone in, and arms up top for lumber storage!

Happy with the outcome so far.

Bought a new house recently so really only starting out as an amateur diyer!
    I am starting to gather tools and I had no real storage for them, so I made a French cleat tool wall in the garage, the wall is now in place and tomorrow I'll be designing fixings for it, right now I just have a rough cut box to charge my phone in, and arms up top for lumber storage!

Happy with the outcome so far.

Very nice job,
    I hope this is a sign of many good things to come from you and your new home,
    Is this your first own home ?
    If your looking for ideas on minimalist TV installation give me a shout as I think I have it mastered, ��

Attic distribution panel with cables feeding down through partition walls; between panel and walls they go through 75x75mm pvc conduit along the Apex thrushes.

pnY9j61cj

Fitted floating box's to 90 degree stainless steel brackets fitted tight to the ceiling in the bedrooms with cables feeding from the panel to the floating box's and television mounted on the walls,
    All power cables plugged in to a strip in the attic with digital time clocks on the televisions, I chose digital over analogue as they can stay on longer at weekends which was good back when school ment the kids went somewhere for a while,

poP2ptmhj

po71gaUTj

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Your problem now is you're going to feel compelled to buy tools to fill the storage. Then you'll need more storage. :D

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Your problem now is you're going to feel compelled to buy tools to fill the storage. Then you'll need more storage. :D

+1
    I'm like that with my son's Hotwheels shelves 😂

Advertisement