Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phil Spector Guilty of Second Degree Murder

• 13-04-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Could possibly spend the rest of his life behind bars. Interesting end to a career.

Doesn't really look cut out for prison tbh. I wonder will he be allow to wear his wig in prison? I'm pretty sure they don't allow it. Lyle Menendez had to hand over his rug when he got locked up for killing his parents.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i was shocked when i read he was found guilty,i wonder how will history judge him now,he was always known as an legendary,if troubled music producer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Why are you shocked exactly? He shot someone dead!
    He'll be known as a murderer who had a hand in creating a lot of legendary pieces of music.

Some will be able to seperate the the murderer from the producer, others won't be able to listen to some of the work he had a hand in for a while, others will never listen again.

Really depends on the sensitivity of the person's nature.
    But murder is murder sadly, no matter how it's justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

The only surprise is the fact the conviction took so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

Good.****1n twerp...

i was shocked because he was well known to be fascinated with guns,like holding people at gunpoint whilst produceing the record,now looks like he was,i wonder what his old friend mc cartney is thinking now,he hated the original mix of "let it be"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Fred83 wrote: »
    wonder what his old friend mc cartney is thinking now

He's probably wondering what Spector thinks of 'happiness is a warm gun'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

i was shocked because he was well known to be fascinated with guns,like holding people at gunpoint whilst produceing the record,now looks like he was,i wonder what his old friend mc cartney is thinking now,he hated the original mix of "let it be"

Well he was wrong. Lennon liked them. If you listen to Let It Be Naked and the original album there is no comparison. The original is better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

i was shocked because he was well known to be fascinated with guns,like holding people at gunpoint whilst produceing the record,now looks like he was

This is about 5 years or so too late, the mistrial is the only reason why Spector hasn't started serving that sentence already!

Neo# wrote: »
    Well he was wrong. Lennon liked them. If you listen to Let It Be Naked and the original album there is no comparison. The original is better!

agree with you there,i prefer the original mix myself,let it be naked was another blunder mc cartney made,like the movie give my regards to broadstreet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

What the hell is the story with his bizarre array of wigs!! :confused::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

As much as I have enjoyed Spectors wall of sound expierence over the years , it obious ( to me anyway ) the guy was as nutty as a friutcake .This was a man who back in the sixties ,walked around recording studios with a loaded gun and was fond of pointing it at any and everybody who annoyed him .

As mentioned above, He told john Lennon that he was keeping the master tape to a recording session on one of his albums until he was ready to release it to the world .To a much bemused Lennon :D

He Prevented his former wife Ronnie ( of Ronettes fame ) from re starting her career and held back on royalties from her and other members ,on such hits as Be my Baby .

Just deserts imo

What the hell is the story with his bizarre array of wigs!! :confused::eek:

just another elton john really,we all know they are bald,just dont want to show it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

just another elton john really,we all know they are bald,just dont want to show it

Sir Reginald tried to disseminate rumours that his new 'hair' was a transplant. In fact its just another tried and tested rug slapped onto his noggin with a generous dollop of glue.

another baldie like dickie rock,edge out of U2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Didn't do Spector any good .Hideous looking man who should never have being allowed near any ( blonde ) women :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Could possibly spend the rest of his life behind bars. Interesting end to a career.

Doesn't really look cut out for prison tbh. I wonder will he be allow to wear his wig in prison? I'm pretty sure they don't allow it. Lyle Menendez had to hand over his rug when he got locked up for killing his parents.

Well you were right. He died behind bars. Such a waste of great talent he had it all and throw it away by doing something utterly and unforgiving stupid.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he produced two of the most remarkable albums ever imo..

John Lennon Plastic Ono Band and John Lennon's Imagine

Advertisement