Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunday Spin???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Breezin wrote: »
    Met the same checkpoint twice yesterday in Ringsend, once on the way to work (essential) and then coming back. Waved through each time, but the first chap stopped the hooligan in front of me on a moped. :D

Ye, I haven't been stopped at a checkpoint while on the bike yet. Not sure why but they wave me on everytime. I get stopped in the car of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

H_Lime wrote: »
    I was asked about the nct being out of date, to which I agreed it was because the minister for transport delayed it and he wanted proof there too.

Yeah he was being an arse there all right.
    Thousands of people have had their NCT's cancelled recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

There were questions above and beyond "where are you going". When I told him where he thought it was closed. I explained it wasn't and he then asked about the letter. When I showed him that I was asked about the nct being out of date, to which I agreed it was because the minister for transport delayed it and he wanted proof there too.
    In isolation all fair requests but if perhaps I was parked on the santry overpass taking a shot of my van blocking the path with the rozzers checking traffic on the M1 in the background things migh not have went so well.

Mark a point off looking at his number...if he asks ,tell him you're going to make a complaint....if you're essential then he should get a slap for it...plenty out there flouting the regulations..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Ahh I'd say he wasnt the only one being a bit cunty, was tired and not in the mood for another inquisition from the five o. If I'd have flashed a grin and given him the ah sure jaysis yer doin a great job and is isn't the world gone mad I'd have gotten waved on.

ah sure jaysis yer doin a great job and is isn't the world gone mad I'd have gotten waved on.

100% me whenever I see a guard. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Anyone about tmrw for a spin? Nothing planned as of yet, I’m north Kildare so not pushed about where we go, I’d bow to the more knowledgeable members here if any suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not tomorrow man, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, hoping to get out a decent bit once May is done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

would love a good oul spin once the intercounty stuff is allowed. Would be good to put faces to names, and catch up with those of you i know from before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'd be up for a spin once the county restrictions are lifted.

• Advertisement

Anyone about tmrw for a spin? Nothing planned as of yet, I’m north Kildare so not pushed about where we go, I’d bow to the more knowledgeable members here if any suggestions

I'm kildare based too but not out tomorrow, not that it makes a difference as the inter County travel will be back soon.

Maybe we'll do a long over due boards meet this year. Been a long time since the last one. I'll have to get the permission slip signed but I'll be chomping at the bit to get out for a proper blast after May 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Think we need to incentivise this thread a little. I'm going to look for a good burger for lunch, thinking Skerries, Enniskerry, Leixlip maybe Lara.
    Probably Skerries and then Ice cream in Donabate or Balbriggan, depending on whether ice cream shops are open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Think we need to incentivise this thread a little. I'm going to look for a good burger for lunch, thinking Skerries, Enniskerry, Leixlip maybe Lara.
    Probably Skerries and then Ice cream in Donabate or Balbriggan, depending on whether ice cream shops are open.

You still redlining that Bandit Skill??? ;)

:D Never had a Bandit wonda, good to see you havent changed over the years though, the mear hint of burgers or ice cream and you're all over it :D
    Thats what I mean by incentive though, anybody want to grab a burger/coffee/icecream in x place sounds enticing especially for those of us who, how shall I put this delicately, don't give a fúck about our figures. :pac::pac:

:D Never had a Bandit wonda, good to see you havent changed over the years though, the mear hint of burgers or ice cream and you're all over it :D
    Thats what I mean by incentive though, anybody want to grab a burger/coffee/icecream in x place sounds enticing especially for those of us who, how shall I put this delicately, don't give a fúck about our figures. :pac::pac:

The way I figure it, I spend a good bit of my free time hiking. That means I should be able to spend some of the rest of my free time driving around looking for good ice cream, burgers and coffee.

LOL, someone says ice cream and look who's here... Mr full Irish no tomato ill have a sausage instead.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    LOL, someone says ice cream and look who's here... Mr full Irish no tomato ill have a sausage instead.

You be quiet, Paninni Boy.

What was that last black bike I seen you out on when I had the Red Sprint ST? Nearly full sure it was a bandit, maybe it was a Fazer :rolleyes:

And sure what wrong with a Full Irish/Burger to start the day off, its what us more Upholstered Gentlemen live on ffs....none of that poached egg with salmon on ryvita ****e here lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What was that last black bike I seen you out on when I had the Red Sprint ST? Nearly full sure it was a bandit, maybe it was a Fazer :rolleyes:

Even I'll take a stab at this.
    Went from a yellow TDM850 to GS1200.

And I'm the one who got hit on the head.

blade1 wrote: »
    Even I'll take a stab at this.
    Went from a yellow TDM850 to GS1200.

And I'm the one who got hit on the head.

Nah I would have remembered something like that....TDM maybe, certainly not a GS wanker rider :p

Nah I would have remembered something like that....TDM maybe, certainly not a GS wanker rider :p

He has a GS now iirc

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    He has a GS now iirc

Ahh but this was back in the day of Sunday spins 10-15 bikes strong....none of this 2 peeps meet ups for a crepe and a skinny latte.

Be gone for the day, nearly need a passport and foreign exchange!

Blades got it in one, went from cb500 to TDM 850 to the Adventure and now have this little beut to help with the belly, I give you the electric Brompton :cool::D

xIAyxsQl.jpg

You be quiet, Paninni Boy.

LOL, now that's a blast from the past, haha!

Ahh but this was back in the day of Sunday spins 10-15 bikes strong....none of this 2 peeps meet ups for a crepe and a skinny latte.

Be gone for the day, nearly need a passport and foreign exchange!

Dem were de days

Blades got it in one, went from cb500 to TDM 850 to the Adventure and now have this little beut to help with the belly, I give you the electric Brompton :cool::D

xIAyxsQl.jpg

Which "Belly" does this target fella?

Must have been the TDM850...;)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Anybody interested in a quick spin tomorrow morning? I'm south Dublin

I might be a bit slow for ya, but I’m game if you are

I'll be on a 125 so slow aint a problem :pac: Where you coming from?

Leixlip

I'll be on a 125 so slow aint a problem :pac: Where you coming from?

Might turn into a Monday spin on a 125.

I'm going to head out once the inter county travel starts. So prob be out Sunday week.

I'm going to head out once the inter county travel starts. So prob be out Sunday week.

I’ve a letter authorising travel so once we’re near one of my employers locations I’m good. And I live 1800m from the Dublin Kildare border.

Could meet you at this Circle K near Tallaght and we could go for a quick run around blessington kinda area?

https://goo.gl/maps/Zf5ZetYw9CPMCJGJ6

Sounds good to me. What time?

• Advertisement

10.30 work for you?

Perfect, see ya then

I’ve a letter authorising travel so once we’re near one of my employers locations I’m good. And I live 1800m from the Dublin Kildare border.

Wasn't judging, already considered heading out tomorrow. I'm kildare too so happy to meet up in the future. Have fun!

Dammit, you got to it before me :pac:

Cheers lightning, enjoyed that!

Cheers lightning, enjoyed that!

Id say you did, but how was the spin....

:p

Id say you did, but how was the spin....

:p

who said anything about a spin????? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

who said anything about a spin????? :eek:

Duuurty :pac:

I think we need to rename the thread 'Weekend rides' :pac:

Screenshot-20210510-154747-01.jpg

• Advertisement

We're back to the blue oyster MCC days again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

We're back to the blue oyster MCC days again.

We'll have to dig out tassel chaps.

Everyone getting ready to polish their helmet.

I don't remember any of this from Sunday. Think my coffee was spiked :pac:

tenor.gif

I'm not letting Knucklehead NEAR my coffee on any spin.
    Go for a Sunday spin. Wake up Tuesday with him explaining why he prefers a gaping bore over a shorter stroke :pac:

tenor.gif

I'm not letting Knucklehead NEAR my coffee on any spin.
    Go for a Sunday spin. Wake up Tuesday with him explaining why he prefers a gaping bore over a shorter stroke :pac:

GyWs.gif

Look what I started.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,460 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Rubber side down and plenty of fully synthetic lubrication ;)

Scrap the cap!

If anyone mentions a "Hole in his Exhaust" automatic ban!!!!

Myself and another newly pink licenced member of this parish will be meeting up at woodies Lucan tmrw at 8am, and heading over Howth direction and then following our front wheels for a while if anyone is around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

I'd love to give it another try at organised spins if they take spin newbies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement