Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC LAN link fault

Options
  • 15-01-2021 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Looking for some help to figure out how to resolve the "LAN link flt" error on my HKC alarm please.

It's only started happening in the last few days. The alarm panel starts beeping multiple times per day with this fault. It never seems to occur when the alarm is set at night.

There is no sim card in the panel so I'm assuming it's dropping wifi connection or something. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

VB wrote: »
    Looking for some help to figure out how to resolve the "LAN link flt" error on my HKC alarm please.

It's only started happening in the last few days. The alarm panel starts beeping multiple times per day with this fault. It never seems to occur when the alarm is set at night.

There is no sim card in the panel so I'm assuming it's dropping wifi connection or something. I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Lan link fault is the connection from your router/wifi card to the server, it is polled every 30 seconds.

It is down to your service providers router connection dropping as apposed to the HKC Wifi card.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

I have the same issue folks but nothing wrong with internet connection and it has a gsm sim for monitoring. Any ideas folks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

You could turn off the lan monitor if its disconnecting, you don't see it disconnecting this way.

The likes of Virgin do remote upgrades from time to time and you don't see the internet going down but the wifi polls to HKC server meaning they see it and flag the fault.

Advertisement