Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Magazines and Commodore 64

Options
  • 05-01-2021 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Is there a market for any of the old retro magazines?

I have a few copies of NMS stashed away in the attic.

I also have some Commodore 64 stuff up there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

j14 wrote: »
    Is there a market for any of the old retro magazines?

I have a few copies of NMS stashed away in the attic.

I also have some Commodore 64 stuff up there too.

Best thing there is to go on Ebay and see what a search for C64 magazine returns and get an idea of what collectors are willing to pay for that sort of thing. Current prices that sellers are asking look to be in or around 5 to 10 euro for a C64 magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

briany wrote: »
    Best thing there is to go on Ebay and see what a search for C64 magazine returns and get an idea of what collectors are willing to pay for that sort of thing. Current prices that sellers are asking look to be in or around 5 to 10 euro for a C64 magazine.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check out eBay and see what's up.

They are actually Nintendo Magazines (Nintendo Magazine System = NMS)

I have a Commodore 64 computer and various parts and games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

No idea about Commodore stuff, but Spectrum magazines go for 2.00 to 5.00 pounds sterling each, for most, if in okay condition on Sinclair buy and sell groups. You can buy bundles occasionally for cheaper. Obviously there are rarer ones that go for silly money like the last ever Your Sinclair, or first Crash. So presumably there's as good, or better market for Commodore stuff.

Oh and look at eBay completed listings, because that gets rid of the dreamers who want stupid money for everything.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

No idea about Commodore stuff, but Spectrum magazines go for 2.00 to 5.00 pounds sterling each, for most, if in okay condition on Sinclair buy and sell groups. You can buy bundles occasionally for cheaper. Obviously there are rarer ones that go for silly money like the last ever Your Sinclair, or first Crash. So presumably there's as good, or better market for Commodore stuff.

Oh and look at eBay completed listings, because that gets rid of the dreamers who want stupid money for everything.

Thanks for the reply but they are Nintendo Magazines that I have from the early 90's.

I only have the Commodore 64 computer and games no magazines for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,553 ✭✭✭✭briany

j14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply but they are Nintendo Magazines that I have from the early 90's.

I only have the Commodore 64 computer and games no magazines for it.

Fair enough, but the principle remains the same, no matter the type of magazine - checking Ebay gives a sense of what people are paying. Even better is to filter the listings by 'sold' so that you're not just seeing what sellers are asking but what people were prepared to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

found all my old Spectrum magazines in the attic recently as we got it converted for storage along with a **** ton of comics which I have now boxed up properly
    unfortunately all my Amiga magazines have been rotting down in the shed for the last 20+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Skerries wrote: »
    found all my old Spectrum magazines in the attic recently as we got it converted for storage along with a **** ton of comics which I have now boxed up properly
    unfortunately all my Amiga magazines have been rotting down in the shed for the last 20+ years

I'm sure the spectrum mags are just cluttering up the place. When did you want me to pop round and pick them up? They're a great nostalgic read during the peak years, just like little thin pamphlets by the end though sadly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement