Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUYING Taylor 324Ce V-Class Edgeburst Acoustic

Options
  • 18-12-2020 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

https://www.thomann.de/ie/taylor_324ce_v_class_edgeburst.htm

looking for reasons not to buy this thing ... i do deserve a better acoustic than the old washburn i have, but maybe 2.2k is too much to be paying

Ive many years of practice and have various cheap guitars, i need to treat myself

my thoughts:
    I like the understated look
    reviewers say its got sustain which i like
    youtubers playing it seems a bit trebley not sure how i feel about that
    sounds good plugged in, although i dont need electronics, i do want a cutaway tho
    thomann will take returns if i change my mind
    not really sure if i should be paying for solid back and sides, since it probalbly does nothing fo r tone
    something tells me id be just as happy with a guitar for 1000 euro. or even less

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Can you afford it? Buy it, play it, enjoy it. I don't see the issue here :D

The Taylors are so nice..

(2k2 would be a bit more than I'd pay for a guitar too though..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

I would be wary of paying as much as that without having spent time with the actual instrument.

Personally, Taylors don't float my boat, but If you've played it, and love it, and can afford it, then have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I played a taylor GA5 in Danny's blackrock a few years ago. It was THE nicest acoustic i ever played in my life. The sounds i was able to get out of that thing. It was big money though....to me anyway at the time. I went back a few months later but it was gone. That was the one that got away.
    When it comes to an acoustic especially it's important to play before you buy but if thomann will take the guitar back then i don't see a problem.
    Do you absolutely need a cutaway though? I feel they always degtract a little from the sound.

Apart from the hassle of sending it back, if Thomann will take it back you can't go wrong, not unless you damage it when trying it. But you don't mention neck width or profile, and you'd be paying for electrics that you don't really want.

Have you played the model before? If you haven't played that model before there's a chance you could pick it up and think "Er, this isn't for me".

• Advertisement
Advertisement