Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'07 Yaris headlight reflector loose

Options
  • 15-01-2021 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭

TLDR : When you wiggle the headlight bulb the whole reflector moves .

So ,

Do it yourself they said, it'll be fine they said , it's easy enough they said , you'll find a link on Youtube that you can follow they said .

And to be fair they were right for the most part . The old headlight were knackered so I bought two new ones from TopPart . Found a tutorial on youtube and went about fitting them . I wouldn't go so far as to say easy but it was doable .

Heading back for the retest this morning so over I go to the mechanic to get the lights aligned and he can't align the driver side one because it won't align . If you wiggle the headlight bulb the whole reflector moves . He said it would only ajust up and wouldn't adjust down . They didn't have time to have a look at it there and then but said maybe if I took it off and had a look inside myself I might see .....? I don't know .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Dirty Nails

jonski wrote: »
    TLDR : When you wiggle the headlight bulb the whole reflector moves .

So ,

Do it yourself they said, it'll be fine they said , it's easy enough they said , you'll find a link on Youtube that you can follow they said .

And to be fair they were right for the most part . The old headlight were knackered so I bought two new ones from TopPart . Found a tutorial on youtube and went about fitting them . I wouldn't go so far as to say easy but it was doable .

Heading back for the retest this morning so over I go to the mechanic to get the lights aligned and he can't align the driver side one because it won't align . If you wiggle the headlight bulb the whole reflector moves . He said it would only ajust up and wouldn't adjust down . They didn't have time to have a look at it there and then but said maybe if I took it off and had a look inside myself I might see .....? I don't know .

If its a new headlight & not something you broke while fitting it - launch it back to Toppart.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it the same story on both sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gtv2002g

Are these the headlights with the electric levelling motor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Sorry lads , I should have posted back here . TopPart took it back as faulty and will replace it .

Advertisement