Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are bedrooms furnished in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I rented out an unfurnished property. I attracted better tenants than when I rented it furnished, they looked after the property better and they signed lucrative long contracts. Much better than transient short term tenants.

I did too and was left with furniture when they moved out each time. Marks on walls where they attached them or they rubbed against walls.

It doesn't make any difference to those renting I found. The main issue is with who is responsible for up keep. Having argument about who owns the fridge and cooker because they threw out the stuff there. Unfurnished apparently meant they could throw out anything the didn't like or want. They were in the process of throwing out my washing machine before I found out they had dumped the fridge and cooker. Found the cooker had been dumped on the street too.

Advertisement