Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Prince's Ball.

Options
  • 26-06-2018 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

So I see that Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle will visit Dublin next month. No problem with that except that "The programme will include official meetings with President Michael Higgins, and with Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar.

Whatever about the President who is largely an honory figure anyway,why are they meeting the Taoiseach? What could possibly be "official" business between the Taoiseach and two non-political unelected tourists?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Newbies and FAQers need to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Between these two and the Pope who is also not an elected rep either we are becoming the Butlins of Europe.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I, for one, am outraged!

:mad:

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hmmm, this kinda falls between a couple of areas. For lighthearted responses (hopefully), you could go to After Hours; Politics might also have more serious insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

I see they are also visiting the Famine Memorial.....oops better ask Mumsy what that's all about?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

you'd wonder how Megan feels about the whole thing, though.

Advertisement