Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant , any opinions appreciated !!

Options
  • 17-06-2018 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

To get the full 5915 euro grant a family has to earn below 23000 euro and my family earns 24420 euro so I got 3015 euro from the susi grant. That doesn't even cover my rent. At the start I wanted to go to Cork to do a genetic course but I knew that Cork would be way too expensive so I gave my dream away and applied for a science course in Waterford. On susi I put down my step father as my father that's where all the income is coming from but I have a really bad relationship with him so I won't get any financial help from him and my mother isn't working so she won't be able to help either. Of course I will get a job and try to do as many hours as possible because I don't want to take the student loan. Is there anywhere else that I could apply to get extra financial help ? I really don't want to drop out of college because I will be lacking in money I emailed susi asked them if there's anything that I could do but I really don't think that they will change their minds. Any opinions are really appreciated I'm just stressing so much about this now.

Comments

Advertisement