Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Leaf 60kWh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Zenith74 wrote: »
    I think we're all disappointed there won't be water cooling given we know that would solve the problem, but I don't think we should be just to conclusions on what Nissan have planned for the L60. Granted their history is not good here, but we don't know how their air cooling is being done and there are some very effective air-cooling technologies out there. Just think we need to be careful not to jump to complete doom and gloom conclusions before we know a little more.

But Nissan have had this narrow focused idea that "most drivers don't do over X amount of miles per day" in their EV.

So the cooling strategy for this one is likely to reflect this in terms of offering a slightly longer per day mileage capability.

Heres the possible Nissan limited thinking potentially in action.

Car has 200 miles capability - the aim is to increase the amount of journeys you can do with NO charge stops at all.

Also with 200 mile from 100 percent capability - and based on 1 rapid to 80 percent - you might in Nissans world be able to do 360 miles a day.

So for Nissans engineers - you "won't need the ability to charge at full rate speed for a 2nd charge".

Because "no one does 360 miles a day".

The whole farce reminds me of Mazdas diesel track record and how Honda have failed in Formula one since 2015.

The one advantage is that due to Rapidgate version one and the availability of Leaf spy - it's now known how to check the capability of Nissans 60 kwh cooling.

We will have immediate indications the first time a Jonathan Porterfield type person gets their hands on it for a 450 mile dash across the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Old diesel wrote: »
    But Nissan have had this narrow focused idea that "most drivers don't do over X amount of miles per day" in their EV.

So the cooling strategy for this one is likely to reflect this in terms of offering a slightly longer per day mileage capability.

Car has 200 miles capability - the aim is to increase the amount of journeys you can do with NO charge stops at all.

Also with 200 mile from 100 percent capability - and based on 1 rapid to 80 percent - you might in Nissans world be able to do 360 miles a day.

So for Nissans engineers - you "won't need the ability to charge at full rate speed for a 2nd charge".

The whole farce reminds me of Mazdas diesel track record and how Honda have failed in Formula one since 2015.

The one advantage is that due to Rapidgate version one and the availability of Leaf spy - it's now known how to check the capability of Nissans 60 kwh cooling.

We will have immediate indications the first time a Jonathan Porterfield type person gets their hands on it for a 450 mile dash across the country.

The hell with Jonathan Porterfield. I'll be watching out for our own DrPhilG to take one for a test drive. It was his report that saved me from buying a Leaf 40 earlier this year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Yep agree with all that, as I said their history is not good. I'm just pointing out that there's some distance between 'water cooling solves everything' and 'air cooling cannot solve anything ever'. They COULD do a decent implementation of it, technology wise air-cooling may well be perfectly sufficient for a non-performance EV.

The hell with Jonathan Porterfield. I'll be watching out for our own DrPhilG to take one for a test drive. It was his report that saved me from buying a Leaf 40 earlier this year. :D

The Jonathan Porterfield point is more to do with how we can learn very quickly in a days driving very early on what the potential limitations of the new car are.

We will likely be going into summer when the new car arrives which will give us even faster answers

The Jonathan Porterfield point is more to do with how we can learn very quickly in a days driving very early on what the potential limitations of the new car are.

We will likely be going into summer when the new car arrives which will give us even faster answers

Yep, you can be sure it won't be a case of people accidentally finding out about the battery flaws, if any. There will be people queuing up to be the first to point out a weakness, after the Rapidgate scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Air coming from an a/c unit is about 4ºC.
    A battery at 40ºC having 4º air actively pushed over it is going to expel alot of heat, particularly since the Ioniq manages fine with just ambient air being push over its pack.

Nissan could still f*ck it up of course but they have no excuses and I'm sure LG Chem will hold them to a much higher standard. If they implement something half arsed LG Chem wouldnt signoff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Has anybody any idea how much the 30kwh fell in price immediately after current 40kwh version was launched?

Just trying to gauge if we can expect similar percentage fall in price in current 40kwh when the new 62kwh is released.

I like the look of nissan leave much better than that of the zoe but can't beat the zoe for value. Seems the base model of zoe 41kwh is about 25k with 0% finance whereas nissan leaf is just over 30k with a further 2k in finance charges at 3.9%.

The higher range on the newer models is welcomed of course but can't help but notice the price tag of an economy new electric motor is becoming more uneconomical with each release.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Different scenario, the 30 was the last of that generation shape whereas the 40 and 62 are both the same car shape just with different battery size, I doubt there will be any drop and in any case aren't Nissan increasing all their EV car prices shortly so I'd say the 40 will actually increase and not decrease

lightspeed wrote: »
    Has anybody any idea how much the 30kwh fell in price immediately after current 40kwh version was launched?

Just trying to gauge if we can expect similar percentage fall in price in current 40kwh when the new 62kwh is released.

The L62 will be a good €5k more to buy than the L40 so dont expect any drop in price on the L40 when the L62 is released.

The only thing that will drive the price down on an L40 will be competition, not the introduction of the L62.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭lightspeed

KCross wrote: »
    The L62 will be a good €5k more to buy than the L40 so dont expect any drop in price on the L40 when the L62 is released.

The only thing that will drive the price down on an L40 will be competition, not the introduction of the L62.

I could see an estimate of 5k being likely accurate but there wouldnt be much room for more than that. The Kona electric is about 39k if I'm not mistaken and looks to be a larger family car so much more than that i think people will towards the Kona and feel they getting better value than the leaf.

Just googling when next zoe will be out and rumours are it will be Sep 2019 but with only a 50kwh for some bizarre reason if that is the case. In any case assuming it priced considerably less than new leaf it would still steal some customers that would have otherwise went with the new leaf.

Also the VW ID should bring greater competition albeit it wont be out until sometime in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I could see an estimate of 5k being likely accurate but there wouldnt be much room for more than that. The Kona electric is about 39k if I'm not mistaken and looks to be a larger family car so much more than that i think people will towards the Kona and feel they getting better value than the leaf.

Just googling when next zoe will be out and rumours are it will be Sep 2019 but with only a 50kwh for some bizarre reason if that is the case. In any case assuming it priced considerably less than new leaf it would still steal some customers that would have otherwise went with the new leaf.

Also the VW ID should bring greater competition albeit it wont be out until sometime in 2020.

I thought the leaf was much bigger inside than the Kona. I know I’d have a leaf over a Kona any day.

Given the market Zoe was traditionally aimed at - 50 kwh is grand tbh.

PSA/Opel are going similar.

Will be interesting to see how real world range works out.

Crucially both PSA/Opel and Renault designing for faster then 50 kw charging.

Pug seem to going for 80 percent in 30 mins at 100 kw chargers.

The Kona electric is about 39k if I'm not mistaken and looks to be a larger family car so much more than that i think people will towards the Kona and feel they getting better value than the leaf.

The Kona is tiny. Leaf has alot more room in it. It depends on what you want really. The CUV style is the fashion!

I could see an estimate of 5k being likely accurate but there wouldnt be much room for more than that.

Nissan have released L62 prices in the UK. Its £4900 more expensive than the L40. That will translate to at least €5k here, imo. They will price it alongside the Kona and eNiro.

It wont affect prices though. Zoe and Leaf coexist today so its not like its a new entrant that will disrupt things. Unfortunately EV prices are going up, not down!

Thats the last remaining hope but I'm not holding my breath. Every new EV release has been a disappointment on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Leaf SVE 62kwh has increased by €8,200 in comparison to the retail price of the 2018 40Kwh SVE Leaf.

Specifically the 2019 Leaf+ SVE will apparently be 41,800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭sk8board

catharsis wrote: »
    Leaf SVE 62kwh has increased by €8,200 in comparison to the retail price of the 2018 40Kwh SVE Leaf.

Specifically the 2019 Leaf+ SVE will apparently be 41,800

You’d really want to WANT to drive an EV. Thats before grants, I would hope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

sk8board wrote: »
    You’d really want to WANT to drive an EV. Thats before grants, I would hope?

Don't think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,709 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

€42k for what is essentially a Pulsar with a big battery. And only sluggish 43kW max charging on an obsolete system. Madness. Will it appeal to any Irish buyers? Surely it won't, apart maybe from die hard Nissan Leaf fans who probably have already had both L24 and L40?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

unkel wrote: »
    €42k for what is essentially a Pulsar with a big battery. And only sluggish 43kW max charging on an obsolete system. Madness. Will it appeal to any Irish buyers? Surely it won't, apart maybe from die hard Nissan Leaf fans who probably have already had both L24 and L40?

I have to agree. For me Chademo is the biggest problem. I was in Cashel lately topping up at the Esb Fast charger there. Walked over to the Ionity chargers was admiring the four chargers nicely lined up, a BMW charging up (ccs I imagine) because there was no spot at the Esb FC. I travel that way a nice bit and the piece of mind with the Ionity charger (or Tesla SC if you can afford a Tesla) must be fantastic. €8 a session, no problem! Buying a new leaf at that kind of money is ludicrous imo.

And isn't it funny that we think our one and only 4 bay station in this country is bliss and a bit of heaven for EV owners - as all others are just 1 bay :rolleyes:? Talking to my best mate (who owns a Tesla Model 3) and he told me that his local supercharger in NL has 26 bays. Not the biggest in the country. And in NO they have far bigger superchargers. There is a 44 bay over there. In the US there are several 40+ bay and to show the real disruption of EV cars, there are three superchargers with 50 bays. All in China!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

And in NO they have far bigger superchargers. There is a 44 bay over there.

I've charged at that one!

Biggest in Europe I believe.

It's almost if Nissan doesn't want to sell it. The only way this can sell any copies is if they bring back scrappage, and similar incentives for the current Nissan EV drivers. Or good PCP deals. Cost to change from previous generation cars as is would be very prohibitive.

At around 35k OTR this car would actually be a really good deal the charging standard withstanding. And even that wouldn't really matter with the large range.

You’re being a bit harsh there.
    €42k is for the SVE model, which is hardly a wasteland. I’d much rather the SVE L62 to the similarly priced Kona/Niro EV.
    Plus it has over 200bhp.
    The chademo could be seen as a problem. But that’s down to our network rather than the car. There must be a reason Nissan are sticking to it.
    Plus, with that size of a battery, and faster ac charging (as far as I remember), there shouldn’t be too many journeys that require the dc?

Soarer wrote: »
    €42k is for the SVE model, which is hardly a wasteland. I’d much rather the SVE L62 to the similarly priced Kona/Niro EV.
    Plus it has over 200bhp.
    The chademo could be seen as a problem. But that’s down to our network rather than the car. There must be a reason Nissan are sticking to it.
    Plus, with that size of a battery, and faster ac charging (as far as I remember), there shouldn’t be too many journeys that require the dc?

And what about the lack of battery thermal management?

Why is 200bhp a plus over the 204bhp Niro and Kona?

The Leaf 62 SVE is going to be at least €3,000 more than the Niro, going by recent reports. Internally, it's smaller than the Niro (open to correction on that one, but Niro feels a lot bigger). It has a marginally smaller battery than Niro, and the extra charging availability of CCS can't be just shrugged off. Ionity is no longer a pipe dream.

I can't understand why anyone would choose a L62 over a Niro 64. Except for blind brand loyalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Swap to CCS and it will be the best BEV in market

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

The Leaf 62 SVE is going to be at least €3,000 more than the Niro, going by recent reports. Internally, it's smaller than the Niro (open to correction on that one, but Niro feels a lot bigger). It has a marginally smaller battery than Niro, and the extra charging availability of CCS can't be just shrugged off. Ionity is no longer a pipe dream.

I can't understand why anyone would choose a L62 over a Niro 64. Except for blind brand loyalty.

hereby corrected :-)

https://insideevs.com/news/349925/nissan-leaf-trunk-space-kia-niro-ev/
    Granted the Niro EV is the current range champion for mid-priced BEVs, and is a first-class EV that is tops in many respects, but the claim that the Niro has superior interior room over the LEAF Plus isn’t true. The Niro EV’s rear trunk (or boot in Europe) is significantly smaller than the LEAF’s, and isn’t all that efficient.

In fact, despite the fact that they share the same wheelbase, the LEAF Plus is superior to the Niro EV not only in length (176.4” vs. 172.3”), trunk capacity (23.6 cu. ft. vs. 18.5 cu. ft.), and total interior volume (116.o cu. ft. vs. 100.9 cu. ft.) but in the very important category of how many bodies can be stuffed in the trunk.

On the other hand I expect Niro to have significantly more range than Leaf+
    Firstly the Niro drivetrain is more efficient, and in addition as I understand it the 62 number for the leaf is a gross number with usable capacity lower, while the 64 number for the Niro is a net number not including buffer.

Also, not for nothing, but you can actually purchase a Leaf, while you cannot purchase a Niro, so that is a pretty important basis for the decision.

I do not think Leaf vs Niro is the conversation, it's Leaf versus Kona versus Model 3, as the only 3 cars which are long range and can actually be purchased in the 40-50K category

(range below based upon real world experiences - Kona perhaps 250, model 3 190 and Leaf 220 Miles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGLVY8Crvg & https://www.alexonautos.com/rangeexplained/)
    • Kona longer range (by far) than the other 2. Leaf second, and model 3 3rd
    • Leaf most practical/largest ,Model 3 second, Kona Smallest.
    • Kona best build quality, Leaf second, Model 3 3rd
    • Autonomous driving Model 3 first, LEAF Second Kona 3rd
    • (Subjectively) Model 3 best design, Kona second, Nissan last?
    • Price, Kona Cheapest, then Nissan, Then Model 3
    • Charging speed Tesla 1st, Kona Second, Leaf Last
    • Charging availability Tesla 1st, Kona Second, Leaf Last.

Anyone differ with any of the above?

• Advertisement

Didn’t know about the bhp of the Niro or Kona. Haven’t been in the Niro, but the Kona definitely seems smaller.

Everything else you said makes perfect sense.

Lack of active cooling is an issue yes.

However the very limited early info out there - I've only seen TWO reviews that looked at it - suggest that it's less of an issue then on the 40.

Time will tell - people ARE going to test it and the handy thing is that summer is here so we can establish issues via say the US quite quickly and in hot weather too.

catharsis wrote: »
    hereby corrected :-)

On the other hand I expect Niro to have significantly more range than Leaf+
    Firstly the Niro drivetrain is more efficient, and in addition as I understand it the 62 number for the leaf is a gross number with usable capacity lower, while the 64 number for the Niro is a net number not including buffer.

Also, not for nothing, but you can actually purchase a Leaf, while you cannot purchase a Niro, so that is a pretty important basis for the decision.

I do not think Leaf vs Niro is the conversation, it's Leaf versus Kona versus Model 3, as the only 3 cars which are long range and can actually be purchased in the 40-50K category

(range below based upon real world experiences - Kona perhaps 250, model 3 190 and Leaf 220 Miles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIGLVY8Crvg & https://www.alexonautos.com/rangeexplained/)
    • Kona longer range (by far) than the other 2. Leaf second, and model 3 3rd
    • Leaf most practical/largest ,Model 3 second, Kona Smallest.
    • Kona best build quality, Leaf second, Model 3 3rd
    • Autonomous driving Model 3 first, LEAF Second Kona 3rd
    • (Subjectively) Model 3 best design, Kona second, Nissan last?
    • Price, Kona Cheapest, then Nissan, Then Model 3
    • Charging speed Tesla 1st, Kona Second, Leaf Last
    • Charging availability Tesla 1st, Kona Second, Leaf Last.

Anyone differ with any of the above?

Well, 2 weeks ago I decided to buy a Niro, I take delivery on July 1st. Clearly it could have been bought then. Could the L62?

Niro's boot space is a bit odd, the space under the boot floor is completely wasted and you can improve the capacity by 25% by removing a couple of pieces of plastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcDubf4S-4I For anyone that want's to watch a German guy over engineer it. :P

Niro is significantly bigger inside than the Kona: more rear legroom and a good size boot.

Any reports I've read point towards a lower and upper buffer in the battery.
    Didn’t know about the bhp of the Niro or Kona. Haven’t been in the Niro, but the Kona definitely seems smaller.

As above, the Niro and Kona are definitely not the same size.
    Lack of active cooling is an issue yes.

However the very limited early info out there - I've only seen TWO reviews that looked at it - suggest that it's less of an issue then on the 40.

Time will tell - people ARE going to test it and the handy thing is that summer is here so we can establish issues via say the US quite quickly and in hot weather too.

The L62 has a simple fan as it's battery thermal management, much like the Ioniq. No battery heating for the Leaf.

The Niro has liquid cooling and heating. One is almost as important as the other when it comes to charge speed.

For balance, it is also my opinion that the Kona and eNiro are overpriced, particularly the Kona. But these are thousands cheaper than the L62, have far more range (bigger battery and more efficient) and can charge twice as fast

Agree with samih. At €35k the L60 SVE would not be a bad choice for a lot of people today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

We have ordered the Leaf 3 62 in SVE + pro pilot.

We looked at Kona, Niro (terrible spec compared to SVE), we also looked at CHR sol and Rav 4 and UX200.

Nissan leaf in SVE with pro pilot has no competition at 40k mark

• Advertisement

We looked at Kona, Niro (terrible spec compared to SVE), we also looked at CHR sol and Rav 4 and UX200.

What did you pay, if you don’t mind telling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭sk8board

As a 40+ grand Nissan hatchback it may not have any “EV competition”, but it has shedloads of competition for any low/mid mileage ICE drivers.
    Absolutely shedloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Soul EV?

Talked to someone in Nissan today, he mentioned about the new 60kWh Leaf...I mentioned 40k and the answer I got was "40k and the rest"

He said they are surprised at the cost of it but wouldn't tell me what the price was, they must have seen some sort of early release

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Luckylow10

Hi have a 40kw sv premium on the way. I spoke to dealer as maybe I go with the 60 instead and he said they are getting 60kw SVE spec only and will be 10 grand more.

Luckylow10 wrote: »
    Hi have a 40kw sv premium on the way. I spoke to dealer as maybe I go with the 60 instead and he said they are getting 60kw SVE spec only and will be 10 grand more.

Guy I talked to mentioned SVE spec so that price would be in line with what he said.....so circa 42-43k....a better spec to the Kona but very expensive

What did you pay, if you don’t mind telling?

No price's yet. (Pro park is €1200-1900 on top.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Luckylow10 wrote: »

Guy I talked to mentioned SVE spec so that price would be in line with what he said.....so circa 42-43k....a better spec to the Kona but very expensive

Madness

So 52k without a grant lol 😂

Might as well buy a Tesla

Hell ICE looks attractive now

150bhp Highline Golf is like €27,000 with 0% interest and the new Honda Civic 180bhp high spec €28,000

Even a nice but boring Corolla Hybrid is less than €30,000

There’s VRT paid in that isn’t there? It goes over the threshold.

Mike9832 wrote: »

150bhp Highline Golf is like €27,000 with 0% interest and the new Honda Civic 180bhp high spec €28,000

Don't lose the plot now Mike!

For less than any of those 3 you can buy Ioniq and it is quiker away from the lights than any of them. And you will save yourself a couple of hundred per month because of lower total cost of ownership. L40 is in the ballbark of those figures. Makes ICE look very unattractive.

But I agree €42k after €10k incentives is absurd for a L62

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

A state of the art diesel for 25k or a glorified golf cart that wouldn't make it from Cork to Dublin and back one one charge for 50k? Not a hard decision.

I looked at new cars in the 28k bracket before deciding on the leaf. Fuel costs me 4,000 a year. 4 years with a new 28k car will still cost me 44k.

I could keep the leaf 10 years and save the cost of fuel.

The leaf 3 is 160KW.
    • 239 miles of range^*
    • 217PS and 340Nm of torque

SVE spec has almost every extra.

Here is my spec list, compare it to the Kona and Niro.

• ProPILOT Advanced Driver Assistance System*^
    • BOSE Premium Audio System with 7 Speakers
    • Part Leather Seats with Ultrasuede® trim***
    • Full LED Headlights with Auto Levelling and LED Foglights
    • Electronic Parking Brake
    • Intelligent Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Parking Sensors**
    • Heat Pack, including Heated Seats and Heated Steering Wheel
    • e-Pedal**
    • Nissan Safety Shield including
    • Lane Departure Warning,
    • Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Recognition,
    • Intelligent Lane Intervention,
    • Intelligent Cruise Control,
    • Rear Cross Traffic Alert,
    • High-Beam Assist**
    • NissanConnect Services 8" Touchscreen Navigation and Entertainment System,
    • Rear View Camera, front side cameras birds eye view,
    • Active Charging, Eco-Routing, Driving Range, Preset Air Conditioning, Nearby Charging Stations*
    • Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® Smartphone App Integration*

I have not included Pro pilot park, is it an extra at 1200 ish.

Don't lose the plot now Mike!

For less than any of those 3 you can buy Ioniq and it is quiker away from the lights than any of them. And you will save yourself a couple of hundred per month because of lower total cost of ownership. L40 is in the ballbark of those figures. Makes ICE look very unattractive.

But I agree €42k after €10k incentives is absurd for a L62

Would normally agree Unkel

The new 180bhp Civic is a great drive, you should try one, really nice machine and I have no interest in ICE

Not Type R quick, but it's got some shove high up

Might not beat an Ioniq from the lights, but leaves it for dead past 100

A state of the art diesel for 25k or a glorified golf cart that wouldn't make it from Cork to Dublin and back one one charge for 50k? Not a hard decision.

*range below 260km
    *costs €50k
    *looks like a glorified golf cart

Could you enlighten me as to what EV you're referring to?

DrPhilG wrote: »

*range below 260km
    *costs €50k
    *looks like a glorified golf cart

Could you enlighten me as to what EV you're referring to?

Not trolling

At 120 it would be tight enough to get 260km

Leaf is a dog on juice at 120 and only has 58kWh useable

I looked at new cars in the 28k bracket before deciding on the leaf. Fuel costs me 4,000 a year. 4 years with a new 28k car will still cost me 44k.

I could keep the leaf 10 years and save the cost of fuel.

The leaf 3 is 160KW.
    • 239 miles of range^*
    • 217PS and 340Nm of torque

SVE spec has almost every extra.

Here is my spec list, compare it to the Kona and Niro.

• ProPILOT Advanced Driver Assistance System*^
    • BOSE Premium Audio System with 7 Speakers
    • Part Leather Seats with Ultrasuede® trim***
    • Full LED Headlights with Auto Levelling and LED Foglights
    • Electronic Parking Brake
    • Intelligent Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection and Front and Rear Parking Sensors**
    • Heat Pack, including Heated Seats and Heated Steering Wheel
    • e-Pedal**
    • Nissan Safety Shield including
    • Lane Departure Warning,
    • Intelligent Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Recognition,
    • Intelligent Lane Intervention,
    • Intelligent Cruise Control,
    • Rear Cross Traffic Alert,
    • High-Beam Assist**
    • NissanConnect Services 8" Touchscreen Navigation and Entertainment System,
    • Rear View Camera, front side cameras birds eye view,
    • Active Charging, Eco-Routing, Driving Range, Preset Air Conditioning, Nearby Charging Stations*
    • Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® Smartphone App Integration*

I have not included Pro pilot park, is it an extra at 1200 ish.

Drive 50k km a year?

Not trolling

But it doesn't cost €50k. It will cost low €40k after grants, so it doesn't cost €50k.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Not trolling

But it doesn't cost €50k. It will cost low €40k after grants, so it doesn't cost €50k.

But i didnt say it did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

It's getting ridiculous now.

Kona €40k
    eNiro €40k
    eSoul almost €40k
    New Leaf €40k+
    i3 over €40k
    Base Model 3 - €49k
    iPace - €80k
    eTron - €90k

At this rate, the new (slow charging, still relatively short range) Ioniq will be easily €36k+.
    Don't hold your breath either for a mid €20k, ID3 - VW aren't a charity :D.

All these prices are after our €10k, taxpayer funded, subsidies :eek:.

Talk all you like about TCO, servicing costs, cheap running costs, fuel savings etc., lot of "savings" needed to fund €40k+ for what are, to all intents & purposes, economy cars from economy brands.

Probably 90% of people could commute/manage happily with a 200km range car, which heretofore were available for sub €30k.
    That made sense.

The new entry into EV motoring is starting at €50k - less €10k of our taxes!
    Makes no sense now, financially, for the vast majority.

Put some kms on a 330e last week & even that would make more sense than many EVs at these prices.
    Nice car - thought it was heavy on rear tyres though :D.

• Advertisement

But i didnt say it did

I didn't say you did. But what was the point of answering my question with the answer to a different one then?

Advertisement