Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donuts, just a Dublin thing?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I like doughnuts, I've even made my own on occasion which turned out delicious.......but they are a cheap ass sugar / grease hit - 5 for a quid in a paper bag from Tesco, or maybe 2 quid from a van on the side of the road.

Anyone who hands over €50 quid for a dozen box is an absolute cockwomble!

I think that's the primary reason for the amount of places selling them, the markup must be out of this world.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anyone who hands over €50 quid for a dozen box is an absolute cockwomble!
    That's slightly unfair.
    You are not including the whole experience of standing in a queue like a pleb for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People making their own coffee, that'll be the next thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I f*cken love donuts so much. I'll eat the sh*te ones, I'll eat the quality one, I'll eat the scraps of other people's. Love em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There were fcukloads in Cork, some seem to be closing now.

Frozen yoghurt places springing up to replace them.

People are weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Sky King wrote: »
    Gin and tonic, 'craft' beer, burger restaurants, doughnut outlets... wonder what the next food fad will be?

Whiskey distillerys seem to be popping up all over the place recently. Asian "street food" is another fad that's still on the go. Expensive "protein balls" and other protein infused confectionery seem to be the "in" thing at the moment also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That's slightly unfair.
    You are not including the whole experience of standing in a queue like a pleb for a few hours.

I suppose.

Might be better craic than it appears!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Only an idiot would queue up for an hour for a donut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

A big massive one would be even better I'd imagine.

Ooh Matron!
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    People making their own coffee, that'll be the next thing.

Not before passing it through their weasel/ferret/dog/cat/budgie I hope. Now that's Flavourtown!
    There were fcukloads in Cork, some seem to be closing now.

Frozen yoghurt places springing up to replace them.

People are weird.

People are Americanised and will eat whatever was the popular thing over there a few years before. Prepare for the inevitable shortening to "fro-yo".
    Warper wrote: »
    Only an idiot would queue up for an hour for a donut

59 mins and I'm out. I'm no fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Back in my day prosecco and burritos were the fashionable drink and food. 2 or 3 years later and it suddenly was gin and burgers.... And what i was with wasn't it, and what was it seemed weird and scary to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

They’d be right yeoks for fattening pigs.donut flavored bacon and you wouldn’t be long getting them up to weight

Since when do pigs eat bacon :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Back in my day prosecco and burritos were the fashionable drink and food. 2 or 3 years later and it suddenly was gin and burgers.... And what i was with wasn't it, and what was it seemed weird and scary to me.

It went from pulled pork to burritos to donuts to gelato. I'm investing heavily in gourmet chicken wing futures and I'm going to hedge my bets on churos and chocolate sauce making the move from Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Don’t forget bloody pretzels and Nutella pancakes!

For sale in Blanchardstown shopping centre.

Putrid things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Burritos weren't a fad, they are a way of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

They are? Where?

I like me an auld doner kebab so I do. A big massive one would be even better I'd imagine.

3 kebab shops in Athlone, they sell a kebab that would feed 4 people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement