Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Bill Pay Trio SIM offer for iD customers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Three: Lisa

Hi All!

The offer for ID customers who ported to our network (while that offer was running) was indeed to get your line rental for the reduced price of €5 per mth for the first 12 months. I can certainly check this out for you all but I'll need you to send individual PMs so that I can look at your individual accounts. Can you PM me your number, name, address and date of birth? As it's closing in on 5pm, I may not be able to get back to you all straight away but I'll come back to you on these PMs by Monday at the latest!

Cheers,
    Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

freebee23 wrote: »
    I received the same reply regarding my latest bill from three. Bill coming in at €27, contacted them and was told that my account was updated yesterday morning with a further 6 month discount. They advised that I pay the latest bill and that they would credit my account with the remainder so will not have a bill payment for the remainder of my term.
    Would be curious to see if other customers on this deal got a high bill this month.
    This is not what I agreed on when signing up.

That’s what I got told too but it’s not what I agreed to when signing up.
    If that’s the case would it be worth cancelling direct debits and manually credit the account ourselves by 5€ a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

I've just seen Lisa's message. Surely we don't have to verify it if we were promised by three that we'd have the deal outlined. When I contacted three by message on their site last week after the monthly hike they agreed it would be reduced to 5 euro over the the next six months with discounts for the excessive monthly charge. What I'm wondering now were three trying to get away with it and only that we pulled them up about it, they've changed their tune.

I wonder if this is ComReg worthy

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭labrik

What is Comreg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

The Irish Telecommunications Regulator

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hi All!

The offer for ID customers who ported to our network (while that offer was running) was indeed to get your line rental for the reduced price of €5 per mth for the first 12 months. I can certainly check this out for you all but I'll need you to send individual PMs so that I can look at your individual accounts. Can you PM me your number, name, address and date of birth? As it's closing in on 5pm, I may not be able to get back to you all straight away but I'll come back to you on these PMs by Monday at the latest!

Cheers,
    Lisa

Hi Lisa, just a slight correction, it was full price for the first month, and then €5 a month for the next 12 months.

Any update on this Lisa. Never got a reply to my PM i sent you either the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Please can this be checked PM sent.

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Hi Lisa, just a slight correction, it was full price for the first month, and then €5 a month for the next 12 months.

As was mine.... Just got a text to check my bill.... 35 quid..... I will entertain a response before going elsewhere be it a competitor or a regulator of some discription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Since April, I've paid €39.21
    My last bill was €5.27 on 25/09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭rx8

Our 2 bills arrived yesterday, one for €6.00 and the other for €33.70.
    I went in to the Three store in Blanchardstown centre and they told me that there was some kind of glitch on one of the bills and it would go back to the fiver deal next month. Neither of us ever got the €30 bill that was to be sent at the start of the deal though. Happy enough to continue like that. He said that my bill wasn't affected so would be still at the fiver a month deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

rx8 wrote: »
    Our 2 bills arrived yesterday, one for €6.00 and the other for €33.70.
    I went in to the Three store in Blanchardstown centre and they told me that there was some kind of glitch on one of the bills and it would go back to the fiver deal next month. Neither of us ever got the €30 bill that was to be sent at the start of the deal though. Happy enough to continue like that. He said that my bill wasn't affected so would be still at the fiver a month deal.

But they still take 30 quid... Just because....

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Hi All!

Cheers,
    Lisa

Hi Lisa,
    I sent you these details by pm a few days ago. Have not received an update at this time regarding this issue. I would really appreciate some feedback and a resolution to this ongoing price increase. Can you advise on options available to myself and other 3 customers here on boards that are in the same situation.
    Regards,
    freebee23

Theee have confirmed there was a “glitch” in their billing system that resulted in ID mobile customers only getting the promo for 6 months. They have advised this month will have to be paid in full and the promo will go back on again next month for 6 more months.
    However, if you check any of your previous bills under discounts, you will see the discount was always set for just “6 months gold and 6 months platinum” and not 12 months. So they knew from day one that this was going to happen.
    They still haven’t sent out a mass message letting people know of the unexpected charge either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Three: Lisa

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently replying to your PMs but as there has been a delay in my ability to come back to you all this way, I wanted to post here also. Thanks a mill for highlighting the issue here, our billing team are now aware of the issue and are working to get this resolved. Essentially, the discounted line rental was expired on the system after 6 months. This was an error and will be rectified soon. This is being done as a matter of high importance and once completed by my colleagues, those affected will be contacted via text message to let you know.

Sincere apologies for the error guys, it should be fixed very soon!

Cheers,
    Lisa

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently replying to your PMs but as there has been a delay in my ability to come back to you all this way, I wanted to post here also. Thanks a mill for highlighting the issue here, our billing team are now aware of the issue and are working to get this resolved. Essentially, the discounted line rental was expired on the system after 6 months. This was an error and will be rectified soon. This is being done as a matter of high importance and once completed by my colleagues, those affected will be contacted via text message to let you know.

Cheers,
    Lisa

Only aware of it now? That’s total bull. They knew from day one. I even brought it to their attention before the bills were even issued.
    The promo is even named 6 months on the bills so someone somewhere knew exactly what was gonna happen. And instead of reapplying the promo automatically before the second half of the 12 months kicked in they decided not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Maybe three might look at adding the €5 promotion for an extra month as a goodwill gesture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Same has happened with me. I assume they'll take the €27.06 and leave my account in credit till the €5/month uses it all up?

I do think a token gesture of goodwill is required, maybe a couple of extra months on the €5/month deal.

Same has happened with me. I assume they'll take the €27.06 and leave my account in credit till the €5/month uses it all up?

I do think a token gesture of goodwill is required, maybe a couple of extra months on the €5/month deal.

No your account wont be left in credit, you will be billed €5 a month again from next month for 6 months.

They basically got everyone who signed up for this plan to pay a full month (€30) halfway through their 12 month "promo" and they are being fairly quite about it too.

• Advertisement

Oh really???

The plot thickens.

I was on to chat on the three website and was told that my account would be left in credit, but that I should check back in a few weeks to double check that my account was in credit.

I’ll wait and see I suppose.
    No your account wont be left in credit, you will be billed €5 a month again from next month for 6 months.

They basically got everyone who signed up for this plan to pay a full month (€30) halfway through their 12 month "promo" and they are being fairly quite about it too.

Hi Everyone,

Cheers,
    Lisa

Has this been rectified yet? And will our accounts be left in credit for the extra amount charged?

Has this been rectified yet? And will our accounts be left in credit for the extra amount charged?

Three???

Wife got a text from them to say the account would be credited.

Good news. I assume we’ll al be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I switched after the bigger bill arrived

Anyone else being charged extra now for Calls texts and downloads?
    I haven’t made any other calls and texts but I am being charged €25 for them

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

Got a text from Three a few days ago informing me that my bill would be sorted and that I would only be charged the correct amount.
    However when I checked my bank the full amount was taken.

I got onto chat service and told them I was not happy with a credit on my account. They eventually agreed to issue me a refund by cheque for the difference within 21 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

How to cancel bill pay with three now? Do you have to go to CPW or three?

• Advertisement

Is it time? Any other good deals to move to?

I doubt you'd have to go to CPW. Your contract is with Three.

Advertisement