Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo brings his partner to meet ultra conservative VP Mike Pence

Options
  • 14-03-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/us/2019/0314/1036270-leo-varadkar-washington-dc/

Wow, fair play to him. I think an invitation to his partner had been extended in theory, previously, but I think it still takes balls to show up to that bigoted arsehole’s house with his boyfriend.

I don’t care how much people moan about Ireland, it still makes me so happy to think how much the country has changed since I was born in 1987.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Shelga wrote: »

Wow, fair play to him. I think an invitation to his partner had been extended in theory, previously, but I think it still takes balls to show up to that bigoted arsehole’s house with his boyfriend.

I don’t care how much people moan about Ireland, it still makes me so happy to think how much the country has changed since I was born in 1987.

It definitely took balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The man who calls his wife mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Maybe Pence can turn to the pathological liar and serial adulterer for guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

This cheered me up no end. I am sure that bigot is delighted with having to meet a gay irish leader.
    Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Anyone who is seriously anti-gay has an issue with their own sexuality, and will probably come out of the closet eventually, IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I find the relationship angle more interesting, what would you do for the one you love?. In the case of Leo partner, he was prepared to meet a gay-hating born again Christian fair play to him.

Does not look very comfortable in the photos though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

fair play to him.

now can he look after the working people of ireland like he promised?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Was a good idea. Maybe it might give Pence some perspective or revalue his own views.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

fair play to him.

Unless the rancher level farmers and upper middle class urbanites are now the working people of Ireland, I would say that's a big fat no!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

How often do they get together? Can't be much, considering the distance and their jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Anyone who is seriously anti-gay has an issue with their own sexuality, and will probably come out of the closet eventually, IMHO.

Probably my favorite news headline of all time

Homophobic Ku Klux Klan leader arrested for having sex with cross-dressing black male prostitute

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/homophobic-ku-klux-klan-leader-arrested-for-having-sex-with-crossdressing-black-male-prostitute-30224757.html

Seanachai wrote: »
    Unless the rancher level farmers and upper middle class urbanites are now the working people of Ireland, I would say that's a big fat no!
    what has he done for upper middle class urbanites? or even lower middle class urbanites?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

thomasm wrote: »
    Probably my favorite news headline of all time

Homophobic Ku Klux Klan leader arrested for having sex with cross-dressing black male prostitute

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/homophobic-ku-klux-klan-leader-arrested-for-having-sex-with-crossdressing-black-male-prostitute-30224757.html

It's not gay if he pretends he's a woman, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

fair play to him.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's easy to be all up in Pence's face when Trump is actively working on LGBT rights

I can't wait for Leo to bring his partner to Iran

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shelga wrote: »

I'd have been more surprised if the story was that he didn't bring his partner to a massive bigot's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,407 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Uncharted wrote: »
    It definitely took balls.

Four balls...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

nullzero wrote: »
    Four balls...

Didn't know Leo was into golf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just do your ****ing job Leo and try fix the ever growing myriad of problems in our country instead of the constant vanity projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What does he do exactly to oppress the gays of America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Just do your ****ing job Leo and try fix the ever growing myriad of problems in our country instead of the constant vanity projects.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ChikiChiki wrote: »

You know that you're not tweeting him here, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What does he do exactly to oppress the gays of America?

Probably referring to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_Freedom_Restoration_Act_(Indiana)

Pence says he didn't intend to enable discrimination of any sort against anyone, and amended the bill to copperfasten that, despite opposition from various hardliners. Pence is a prick, but I don't believe he is a bigot.

fair play to him.

Umm, you know Varadkar is the head-buck-cat Blueshirt, right? The Arbeitsjuden will be lucky to get some extra gruel in the Winter. :pac::pac::pac:

jimgoose wrote: »
    Umm, you know Varadkar is the head-buck-cat Blueshirt, right? The Arbeitsjuden will be lucky to get some extra gruel in the Winter. :pac::pac::pac:

last budget saw SW increase and my income tax remained the same

last budget saw SW increase and my income tax remained the same

Mine didn't. Arbeit Macht Frei! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

lawred2 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Right so all is well in the country....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I doubt Pence would be shocked or give a damn at all..he probably asked for a threesome. Most of those so called conservative US politicians just take their positions to play on their base and get votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I doubt Pence would be shocked or give a damn at all..he probably asked for a threesome. Most of those so called conservative US politicians just take their positions to play on their base and get votes.

There's a trend like that across politics. Conservatives get caught up in sex scandals and liberals in financial ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

kneemos wrote: »
    How often do they get together? Can't be much, considering the distance and their jobs.
    Who cares!

Advertisement