Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask for odds or copy online?

Options
  • 09-06-2018 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I want to place a bet in a bookmakers shop but if they don't have the odds displayed in the shop can I just write out the bet and copy the odds displayed online or will I write out the bet slip and ask the person behind the counter for the odds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You need to ask for odds, as sometimes the odds for their site will be different (and almost always better).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PuntersHangout

The odds on the Paddy Power and BoyleSports website are the same odds you get in the shop (if its not a 'special' offer / enhanced odds) while Ladbrokes odds differ between the two with the shop usually offering worse odds due to less competition in retail than online.

Its always best to write the bet out and ask the cashier for the odds which they will write on the betting slip for you.

I have had Ladbrokes cashiers (often) tell me to use the machine in the shop to place my bet but that is just laziness on their part and the odds on the machines in the shops can often be worse than the odds you will get from the cashier so effectively Ladbrokes could offer 3 different odds for the same bet depending on the way you place your bet. Tell the cashier you would like them to write the odds on a bet slip for you so take the best odds you can and insist if they try to fob you off on the machines. Remember you can lodge and withdraw in cash from your betting account in all the major bookmaker shops in Ireland.

Advertisement