Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0i! Bands in Dublin???

Options
  • 16-06-2012 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Are there any proper Oi / streetpunk bands in Dublin at the moment? could it be that Skint ware the last Dublin Oi bnd?? cos if there is none, i wouldnt mind startin one...

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Have one practisin atm, but we just lost our drummer to France.... ya don't drum, by any chance???

We've a few originals on the go. If ya want a listen, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

^^

What he said

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tantrum

sorry no drums, i play guitar (badly) would be deadly to have a few oi bands knockin about, good luck with the band, wot are you called?

Toy Guns!

It's bleedin impossible to find drummers for an Oi! band :(

• Advertisement

did you try Fayzer?? he is doin a bit for corrosive machine, but id say he would be up for it, im defo gonna try get some sort of street punk/oi band sorted, anyone interested??

Not even if he gave me a clean jar of piss

there really is a serious shortage of drummers, most drummers i know are in two bands, its really hard to find singer/frontman who dosnt play guitar as well, i have the band pretty much sorted, just need a good frontman, any suggestions???

I would do it but I'm pretty busy with bands as it is, if it was a proper Oi band I'd be tempted to give it a lash though

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bohsgerry

suggest next punk or ska gig announcement maybe by agreement with bands re oi band requiring drummer???at 50 i'm a bit old to get practising again....maybe that worth a try.great to see if there is a band as the oi scene here's had far too little vinyl releases to remember it by.seems to be a phobia in oireland about releasing vinyl,time ta change.

• Advertisement

Running Riots last two albums were available on vinyl...

yeah,should maybe have been more specific.dublin or indeed other bands down here.did the band ructions ever release anything anyone know.a pal told me a band called CRUIBIN from cork had a cd out.anyone know???

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Brunteaphile

Ructions demo '08 http://diyirishhardcorepunkarchive.blogspot.de/search/label/Ructions

Crúibín had a demo/ep out I think, have a feeling they got a CD out too. No idea if it's available anywhere though.

Cruibin went on to become The Jollers, they should have a CD out in a while

will keep eye out for that jollars release,have pal in cork who's seen em.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Brunteaphile

Would be interesting to see/hear that considering one of em have ****ed off to that America.

They did it before Wah left, Conor's mastering it so it'll be a while before they have it ready I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thestreetsofoi

tantrum wrote: »
    Are there any proper Oi / streetpunk bands in Dublin at the moment? could it be that Skint ware the last Dublin Oi bnd?? cos if there is none, i wouldnt mind startin one...
    hey brother im trying to get oi band started...i play guitar drums and bass..for last 20 years.....get the old oi bands back for dublin scene.....any one intrested gimme a shout cheers..0876254391....oioi thats your lot!

Well, we're still looking for a drummer and could probably squeeze in a second guitarist if yiz wanna join forces?

Here Dregin ring him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 wahealy

thejollars.bandcamp.com/

well there it is kids!
    hope ye enjoy it...
    Oi! Oi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Did The Jollars play the Bohs bar last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

dregin wrote: »
    Well, we're still looking for a drummer and could probably squeeze in a second guitarist if yiz wanna join forces?

I know the Drummer from Mongohorn was looking for a band as they split up a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Mr Whirly wrote: »

I can't remember but they did play The Thomas house earlier this year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JANER64/videos?query=jollars

http://pix.ie/search?find=jollars

Mr Whirly wrote: »

Fairly sure that was Crubeen. The two lads in The Jollars were in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Ah right. I was wondering what became of them. One of them was wearing a Cork City jersey I believe.

I've the feeling they all were! It was a hazy, hazy night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wahealy

thank god its hazy dregin we were unbelievably wankered and were dog**** on the night. when we arrived conor dervan even quarantined us to his van cause of how ****ed we were... cruibin was a fun band if nothing else though!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mr. Grinder

Trev, when are you going to get this bloody band together!! I want to gig with ya'. :D

Rob.

• Advertisement
Advertisement