Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Tel Aviv worth visiting as a solo traveller?

Options
  • 10-01-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I believe there are going to be direct flights from Dublin to Tel Aviv from May this year.

Is it worth visiting as a solo traveller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yes of course it is. I was in Tel Aviv late last year.

Not sure of your age group, however T-A Is a very young vibrant city, with beaches, old markets, loads of bars and restaurants.
    One thing I'd definitely do is download the electric scooter apps for the city, Taxis can be expensive and hard to come by as the traffic in TA is quite bad. Busses... well, make sure you have the local travel card/app as they don't take cash.

The best place BY FAR to stay for a solo traveller is the Abraham hostel, https://abrahamhostels.com/tel-aviv/
    You can stay in a dorm or in a solo room which is quite spacious.
    They have a rooftop communal area and a downstairs smoking area also which allows you to mix with fellow travellers.

They also run Pub crawl nights, themed movie nights, excursions etc. Great free WiFi also.

The hostel is about a 15 mins walk from the central bus station where you can take an Airconditioned bus with free Wifi and go see Jerusalem.

I don't know what your schedule is like but i'd spend a few nights in Jerusalem, it's very different to T-A with much more history and you can take a day trip to the Dead Sea, Bethlehem / West Bank etc.

Any more questions just ask...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Didn't think much of Tel Aviv. Just a clone of any of the dozens of Mediterranean seaside areas like Benidorm etc.
    I loved the tour of Jaffa though.

Tel Aviv to me was good for relaxing on the beach after long days of non stop walking around Jerusalem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

The thing that struck me about Tel Aviv was how incredibly expensive it was!
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    Didn't think much of Tel Aviv. Just a clone of any of the dozens of Mediterranean seaside areas like Benidorm etc.
    I loved the tour of Jaffa though.

Tel Aviv to me was good for relaxing on the beach after long days of non stop walking around Jerusalem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

johnire wrote: »
    The thing that struck me about Tel Aviv was how incredibly expensive it was!

Yeah very expensive. But I think that's Israel in general.

I loved Israel as a whole but to me Tel Aviv was a cultureless place for Instagram model wannabes to sunbathe. But like I said... Jaffa was incredible. I'm glad to have visit Tel Aviv as the beach promenade was really nice looking..and like a previous poster said..riding the rental scooters there was really fun. I can definitely see why it's called the Miami of the middle east.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kyrasubmit

very expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement