Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV AE on Origin - €10 for this week only!

Options
  • 14-06-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I just thought for anyone interested in getting the PC version of AE, you can get it for €10 (€9.99 if you want to be a pedantic ponce about it :pac:). Make sure to download the Origin application if you don't have it though, I just logged on to the store page on the Origin web page and its still listed as €30 so the offer might only be available through the Origin application itself. Anyway, I'll be getting this myself. I'll add a column on the Irish players list for Origin players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why is there a need for a list of Origin players? You can add anyone with AE in-game through GFWL, Origin has nothing to do with it.

Also, only ever heard bad things about Origin as a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    only ever heard bad things about Origin as a service.

PC Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer on Origin is spot on, though that is the only game I have for it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Never had issues with Origin either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Fair enough, it was just after BF3 came out I was hearing stuff, maybe it was just issues around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, Origin is still crap. I hate the idea of having an application forced to run while you play a game so Steam/Origin, I hate it all but its hard to compete with that price. Still, I might pay just a bit extra (You can get it on Amazon.co.uk for €12) to avoid the use of Origin.

For those who do want to get it on Origin, DON'T use PayPal. I've had an issue before when getting Back to Karkand for BF3 where Origin doesn't seem to actually understand that I am trying to pay with PayPal. This has also happened with SSFIV AE today. I go to check out my PayPal transactions and nothing is there so if you want to get it on Origin, bite the bullet and put in your credit card number directly, instead of using the PayPal payment method. I "paid" for the game last night but its not showing up in my library. I've talked to 3 different EA customer support representatives and they all tell me to just wait for the payment to go through but nope, nothing happened so I finally told the last guy I wanted to cancel my order so that I can have piece of mind in buying it with my credit card directly and not getting charged twice but nope, useless, told me to just wait so its a pile of bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 windyGreen

Really? I don't think so!

Advertisement