Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discworld Game

Options
  • 17-02-2013 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

I've been rereading my discworld books and got nostalgic for the game. After some technical issues I managed to get it running on my system. I decided to record my playthrough for my youtube channel. If anyone wants to follow it you can get to the playlist here.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Z8YvFsEA4ztALLKbYONVsT8U_IlyBxd&feature=view_all

The story is very similar to the book "Guards, Guards, Guards" but with Rincewind and the wizards as the protagonist. There is some amazing voice acting from some big names. I plan on following through with the second game, which is a story hybrid of "Mort" and "Moving Pictures", all things going well.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the videos. If people would like to get it working on their own system just send me a PM. It's currently considered abandonware so it's free to download and install.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

It's punishing style difficult.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Nice one OP. Wouldn't mind getting it running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

You need to use Dosbox and download the game from Abandonia or a similar site. Only problem is that the voice acting files aren't included there so unless you have the original disc you have to play without sound or find somewhere to download the full version. if people need instruction on getting it working then I can post the steps.

Sorry for the delay since the last video. Here's the latest one. Rincewind meets the Patrician in this one. I think the patrician was portrayed reasonably well but should have had more involvement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJldSbCnWaQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

If I remember this game had its own screen-saver.

Rincewind knocking on the inside of the computer monitor call out asking if the player was still there.:)

• Advertisement

If I remember this game had its own screen-saver.

Rincewind knocking on the inside of the computer monitor call out asking if the player was still there.:)

That rings a bell. I must check the files to see if its there anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

SB2013 wrote: »
    You need to use Dosbox and download the game from Abandonia or a similar site. Only problem is that the voice acting files aren't included there so unless you have the original disc you have to play without sound or find somewhere to download the full version. if people need instruction on getting it working then I can post the steps.
    Not having sound might be a bonus, myself and my brother were having visions of tracking down Eric Idle* and hurting him going "this does work you f*cker!"

For context you have to combine lots of improbable things to get what you need and every time you tried e.g. combining a frog and a teddy bear you got Eric Idle saying "That doesn't work"

*note we never actually were planning on doing this but it made us feel better

Advertisement