Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seth Killian leaving Capcom

Options
  • 20-06-2012 10:37am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2012/06/19/goodbye

Another one of the old bunch leaving their current position (although much like Spooky, can't see him quitting FGs altogether).

Can't see this being a great thing for Capcom considering how much they could do with some good PR post SFxT.

I wonder will they have someone take over his role? Seemed like a bit of a poison chalice sometimes, towing the company line when you knew he didn't believe some of the stuff they had him saying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only person I can possibly see filling his position would be Alex Valle, and he's probably too un-PC to fit in to corporate culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

What about Keth Sillian.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

They're all leaving. Eventually it will just be you playing alone Brian, the circle will complete itself. It will be like it never happened.

I read that over on Unity/SRK when it was announced. Strange, it felt like he'd been around as head of community for a lot longer than that.

It seemed like a very "not burning his bridges" kind of farewell. I wonder what made him leave, and what the new opportunity he's heading for is? I'm sure he was tired of being capcom's marketing mouthpiece, and hyping up stuff that he would have known was going to be garbage half the time. The guy has serious kudos and exposure in the FGC, you can bet whatever he's going to do it will be using some of that credit.

Also, he always talks himself down on his street fighter skills, i was just looking at the results from old EVOs a while back, the guy made top 8 in Evo 2004 at Super Turbo using Honda. Top 8 in anything in evo is exceptional, but at ST, and with Honda in the same last 8 as wong, valle, choi AND Daigo? That deserves some praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Plus he plays like this:

8iqHq.jpg

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Plus he plays like this:

8iqHq.jpg

Lol, yeah. Another desperate lefty! That makes the two of you ;-)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seth Killian isn't left handed...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

For those not following, Seth's moved to Sony.

Hiring him and Clockwork, could be good fighting things in the future there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

For those not following, Seth's moved to Sony.

Hiring him and Clockwork, could be good fighting things in the future there.

Coincidence? Sony have bought a cloud gaming company
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18672060

Maybe they realised they actually need to compete with XBL

Interview from EVO on what Seth has been up to at Sony. He's working on a Sony cross-franchise "all-stars" fighting game. Reminds me of some of the smash brothers games on the GC/Wii.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/07/12/gametrailers-interview-with-seth-killian-on-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-from-evo-2012/

• Advertisement
Advertisement