Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tronsmart T1000 Elite 1080P Miracast/DLNA/Airplay Dongle €9.99 Delivered [GeekBuying]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

If I ran XBMC on my desktop, would I be able to use screen mirror on this to show it on my tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Would that work with Widi (Intel wireless display)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

toby2111 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll try it again later. Can this yoke mirror /display apps from my android smartphone?
    If I ran XBMC on my desktop, would I be able to use screen mirror on this to show it on my tv?
    Would that work with Widi (Intel wireless display)

Yes to all three.
    There was a video on http://www.youtube.com/user/tronsmart that showed all the functions and differences and how to connect, but it seems to have been removed, maybe to update.
    It may appear on this page
    http://www.tronsmart.com/products/miracastadapter/tronsmart-t1000-elite

I think the quality out of this is pretty good. Even casted from an old Ainol Tablet that has been wiped and reinstalled so many times that it crawls.
    Sony Vaio with Widi working no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

Mine arrived this morning, not entirely sure what to use it for though. just bought it because....well bargain alerts always has me buying things whether I want them or not.:o

anyway what exactly can this do? what are you guys using it for? ive only managed to get it to duplicate my laptop screen which i'm thinking i might put to use with emulators maybe.

What are you guys using it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I just figured out how to screen mirror on my Z3,quality is great. Only thing is-its not full screen on my TV,just a narrow rectangle-any way of making it full screen?
    I have a Cloud ibox 2 plus.I can stream to my phone and mirror it on the TV.Strangely,It shows full screen on TV. Very handy,saves me running long HDMI cable to the bedroom now!So I reckon XBMC will work.
    Apart from that,I'm not too sure what else it can do.I'm the same as carrigy,just bought this out of curiosity. Heard that chromecasts were good so decided to get this,delighted so far.Thanks Allyall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

toby2111 wrote: »
    I just figured out how to screen mirror on my Z3,quality is great. Only thing is-its not full screen on my TV,just a narrow rectangle-any way of making it full screen?

This caught me out for a little bit.
    Turn the phone sideways !

When the phones screen autorotates it fills up the TV screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Got my one yesterday, for my sons sony E3 phone, have not set it up yet, do i have to download a App to phone first and can i power it by the usb connection on the tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Also got mine today. Great little gizmo for the money, and delighted to find it plays MKV which Chromecast doesn't.

The presence of the Tronsmart dongle + a Chromecast does seem to cause a bit of confusion with the Anynet+ on my fairly old Samsung TV. (circa 2009 model)
    The TV will switch directly from the CC to the Tronsmart no problem, but if I try to go from the Tronsmart to the CC it won't switch. I have found a pretty simple workaround though, by switching back to the "normal" tv channels (Saorview, RTE) with the Channel up or down button I can then go back into the Source list and the Chromecast then works when selected.

I've been using BubbleUPnP and Allcast for "casting" to the dongle, as I had purchased those apps anyway for use with my Chromecast.
    Also used EZCast app to set up the passwords etc.. Noticed there is an "EZCast Pro" app on the Play Store by the same crowd as the regular app so I tried it as well but it doesn't seem to work with this dongle, whatever the difference is in the "Pro" compatible dongles.

Overall very pleased with it. Thanks again OP.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Got my one yesterday, for my sons sony E3 phone, have not set it up yet, do i have to download a App to phone first and can i power it by the usb connection on the tv ?

Yes to both. App is called EZcast published on Play Store by "Winner Wave Ltd." This will mainly allow you to interact with the settings of the dongle.
    It should run fine if you power it off the TV USB port.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

This code has expired now unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

from reading the comments I dont think i really need this. I used to hook my tv up to my router via ethernet and use showbox with the twonky beam app to beam movies to the tv. This item would have done the same job I think.

But now I have a mxiii android tv box with xbmc so I dont use showbox or twonky anymore.

Its still useful for mirroring my laptop or using the tv as an extended screen. no need for long cables. I need another hdmi port though, my tv only has 2 and they're being used by the ps4 and the tv box.

I if could make the tv box play ps1 and other games that be better, not sure if thats possible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Jest testing mine here now this morning. Using a laptop to test it. Very easy to set up anyway - can connect to it directly via WiFi (it'll show as a new network) to adjust settings and get it connected to the internet. Then I set it to miracast mode and connected the laptop. Picture shows grand on screen but completely laggy for me on any videos I've played from youtube. Good novelty I guess and useful maybe for projecting photo slideshows or something. It sends the audio from videos to the TV too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

duridian wrote: »
    and delighted to find it plays MKV which Chromecast doesn't.

It does.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It does.

It wouldn't play the ones I tried. Maybe it didn't like the embedded subs in the mkv files I was trying or something like that. I admit it was well over a year ago and I never bothered trying any more mkv since then until this new dongle arrived so could be different story now if I had the same files to test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What app were you using? Videostream handles everything I've thrown at it so far, better than DivX for which you need to buy extra codecs for some files.

Ah, now I get you. You mean for casting from a PC? With Videostream is the transcoding not done on the PC and a compatible stream then cast to the CC much like from a Plex server?

For my situation on the odd occasion when I use my PC, a desktop, to watch video I'd simply just use its own monitor which is big enough.

It's only really Android streaming using either BubbleUPnP or Allcast, the Android apps from my phone or tablet that I am referring to in my earlier posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Cant seem to do anything on this, downloaded ezcast app connected to phone, connected to internet, how to get it mirror whats on phone? turn app on phone, 2 icons on phone
    1 DLNA, 2 settings, on the DNLA, no DNLA app on phone?
    can get into settings and do adjustments but that's about it,
    which button do i press to mirror phone ?

update: mirrorcast dont seem to work with a sony expire e3, switch ezcast app, on set to mirrorcast but goes no further, but can now use DNLA using a app call bubble, can see see photos with this and play music, but not what it was brought for, my son wanted to play games on phone and to view on tv, but still it was only €10 wasted.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Cant seem to do anything on this, downloaded ezcast app connected to phone, connected to internet, how to get it mirror whats on phone? turn app on phone, 2 icons on phone
    1 DLNA, 2 settings, on the DNLA, no DNLA app on phone?
    can get into settings and do adjustments but that's about it,
    which button do i press to mirror phone ?

I got it mirroring from my devices by switching to Miracast mode on the dongle using the button on the dongle itself, then going into the display setting of my Android devices and looking in there for stuff related to casting the screen.

On my Nexus 7 tab and My Moto X phone which are both pretty much stock Android interface, it was under cast screen and I had to "Enable Wireless display" from a submenu (3 dots)

On an old cheap Alcatel Tablet it was under TV link instead of cast screen.

I tried playing Oddworld Stranger's Wrath on the Nexus. TBH while it works, the delay between the image updating on the casting device tv screen makes gaming using this fairly impractical. Also I found myself constantly having to look down at my tablet to see where the controls were in relation to my fingers. Maybe this would be less of a problem if using a gamepad, but there is nothing can be done about the delay unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Got this today and works well from my android phone, can this mirror a PC as well and if so can anyone run me through the setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

My one won't play ball with me. When I switch it on, the HDMI channel has a Tronsmart screen, then after a min or so it says there's an error and that it needs to restart and after restart the same happens. And also my after using ezcast on my Surface Pro 3, it doesn't seem to find it at all?

• Advertisement

Bane wrote: »
    My one won't play ball with me. When I switch it on, the HDMI channel has a Tronsmart screen, then after a min or so it says there's an error and that it needs to restart and after restart the same happens. And also my after using ezcast on my Surface Pro 3, it doesn't seem to find it at all?

Could be a lack of juice causing instability.
    Might not be getting enough power from the USB port on your TV. Do you have a high amperage USB charger, maybe something that came with a tablet that you could try using as a power source just to test this theory. What type of charger does the Surface Pro have? Could you use it to test?

If the dongle is in DLNA/Airplay mode, then it is also working as a WiFi access point which other devices should see the same as they see your internet router. The password will be on-screen. You need to connect to this access point and then through this use the Ezcast app to configure the dongle so it can connect to your internet router for streaming from the net.
    For streaming local files you don't really need a router, as directly connecting to the dongle's access point from your phone, tablet or PC should allow you to do that.
    Miracast mode is more or less mirroring from what I've seen of it, and not as useful to me personally, but the DLNA mode on this dongle works very well for streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Could be a lack of juice causing instability.
    Might not be getting enough power from the USB port on your TV. Do you have a high amperage USB charger, maybe something that came with a tablet that you could try using as a power source just to test this theory. What type of charger does the Surface Pro have? Could you use it to test?

If the dongle is in DLNA/Airplay mode, then it is also working as a WiFi access point which other devices should see the same as they see your internet router. The password will be on-screen. You need to connect to this access point and then through this use the Ezcast app to configure the dongle so it can connect to your internet router for streaming from the net.
    For streaming local files you don't really need a router, as directly connecting to the dongle's access point from your phone, tablet or PC should allow you to do that.
    Miracast mode is more or less mirroring from what I've seen of it, and not as useful to me personally, but the DLNA mode on this dongle works very well for streaming.

Yeah I was thinking it might be a low power thing. But then my bro plugged the USB from the dongle into the TV and still same result for some odd reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Bane wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking it might be a low power thing. But then my bro plugged the USB from the dongle into the TV and still same result for some odd reason.

It could be just that the firmware didn't sit right when it was installed.

Try updating or reinstalling firmware

http://www.tronsmart.eu/downloads/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3kjBMOAJk

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ie/2014/03/how-to-manually-upgrade-firmware-for.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Anyone got a fools guide on how to connect it to a PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Can you play videos from you tube to the tv?

I eventually managed to mirror my ipad to it but it's not full screen. However when I go into youtube, nothing happens. As in it wont play any of the videos. Is this an apple thing or what?

Advertisement