Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring to trinity and year 2 and minimum entry requirments

Options
  • 11-06-2020 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hello
    I am hoping to transfer to year 2 of an another course in a NUI college.
    I am currently at DCU.
    I am going to do this through advanced entry through the CAO website. I meet all of the requirements except I did not have Irish for my leaving cert which is an entry requirement. I was just wondering how likely it is for this not to be not looked at? It doesnt actually specify it's need on the Transfer section of the college website I want to transfer to.
    Has anyone ever had transfer applications rejected because they did not have minimum entry requirements ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Urethra Franklin.

Hello
    I am hoping to transfer to year 2 of an another course in a NUI college.
    I am currently at DCU.
    I am going to do this through advanced entry through the CAO website. I meet all of the requirements except I did not have Irish for my leaving cert which is an entry requirement. I was just wondering how likely it is for this not to be not looked at? It doesnt actually specify it's need on the Transfer section of the college website I want to transfer to.
    Has anyone ever had transfer applications rejected because they did not have minimum entry requirements ?
    Did you have the NUI Exemption at the time of your LC or did you just not sit the exam? If you have a NUI Exemption they should waive this requirement (you would have had to apply for it, theres a few rules for who qualifies for one, one being that you were born outside the Rep. of Ireland, you would have had to put the last result of your latest Irish test).

More here: http://www.nui.ie/college/docs/exemption.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Did you have the NUI Exemption at the time of your LC or did you just not sit the exam? If you have a NUI Exemption they should waive this requirement (you would have had to apply for it, theres a few rules for who qualifies for one, one being that you were born outside the Rep. of Ireland, you would have had to put the last result of your latest Irish test).

More here: http://www.nui.ie/college/docs/exemption.pdf

I just did not sit the exam, as at the time I had my mind set on a course that did not require it. Unfortunately this changed. I am not viable for an exemption. I am hoping that because it's a transfer to year 2 they might let it through. they do state on the transfer section of their site that if minimum entry requirements are not met they can be made up for in other ways but they dont specify.
    It's probably not liekly they will let it pass though unfortunately.

Advertisement