Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Cheesy Goodness.

Options
  • 19-10-2003 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

Just noticed that good cheese is awful cheap in Marks and Spencer in comparison to other supermarkets.

Some of the nice stuff like Mozzarella, Gubeen, Feta, Marscarpone etc. can be half the price it is in Tesco.

Well worth a look if you're addicted to the shit like me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Lidl and Aldi have good cheap cheese selctions too BTW

EDAM

Tesco €10.70 KG
    Lidl €5.90 KG

Lidl do Feta really cheap as well . Could you post up a few comparisons with M&S vs Tesco on the the price per KG basis and I will oblige with Lidl equivalents.

Some of the nicest cheeses cannot be got in supermarkets, Oak Smoked Gubeen mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I wouldn't be addicted to cheese but some Mozzarella would go nicely on a homemade pizza.
    Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lidl sells mozarellas for about 79c each I think. If I'm wrong, it's only by a few cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Muck
    Could you post up a few comparisons with M&S vs Tesco on the the price per KG basis and I will oblige with Lidl equivalents.
    Will do.

Next time I go shopping I'll bring a pad and paper. Hopefully they won't think I'm from Dunnes planning the next price war!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Tesco recently sent a security guard around to hassle Madsl because he had a pen and paper in his hand noting down their prices. See

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'll be in and out. Quite possibly like a ninja.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Originally posted by Muck
    Tesco recently sent a security guard around to hassle Madsl because he had a pen and paper in his hand noting down their prices. See

Just use your mobile phone to enter in the prices.... That way they cant bitch at ya.

Or better yet take a picture (If your phone has a cam)

Advertisement