Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Descriptions that make you think twice about people

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Balanadan wrote: »
    Or "life coach".

Came across a new one recently - "Parenting Coach".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

killanena wrote: »
    No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

For some reason I read that as she mentioned her vagina-ism.

On one end of the spectrum, anti-vaxxers with degrees in Unicorn therapies dressed in hemp and crystals and peddling lies, and most who describe themselves as alternative.

On the other end, anyone who tells me they're actually very intelligent or well read, or that 'all' their friends think they're a genius.

Full time mad bastards, especially those who have 'the bants', and wannabe kooky types who'll excuse any bad behaviour because it's just because they're so very, very random.

I like most people though.

Quietly Spoken.

you talk sh|t in a low nasal voice

Takes no sh|t

you'll kick off at the slightest provication

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Middle management that refer to themselves as 'leaders' instead of managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Curvy

*I'm dangerously obese.
    Full-figured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Doesn't suffer fools.

*Lacks any kind of charm or social skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Professional

If you look at the likes of Daft.ie Many listings in the Rent section include "Would suit professionals" or "Would suit professional couple"

unemployed need not apply to this ad

"I say it like it is"

I'm an ignorant oaf who can't be bothered to even try hide my lack of tact, decency or taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Empath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I don't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

I'm the type of person who doesn't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I don't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

I'm the type of person who doesn't trust people who feel the need to tell you what type of person they are.

As the saying goes; when a man speaks of his strength, he whispers his weakness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

At least it's not one of the grounds for discrimination... File under G for gobshyte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

They are two completely different roles with very exact and conflicting approaches.

• Advertisement

Is the slaughter house taking on a few extra hands for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If on a YouTube video says so and so destroyed, embarrassed etc someone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Internet forum moderators...

Screams of having no life/hobbies and a desperate need for any type of status above other people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Socialite

Internet forum moderators...

Screams of having no life/hobbies and a desperate need for any type of status above other people.

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Whenever anyone uses the phrase "holistic approach" in a work environment I immediately write the person off as a spoofer

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Socialite

Aka coke scrounger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Wacky people or people who think they're kooky..

Anybody who says 'I like to shoot from the hip'
    Yeah? I'd like to shoot you in the face!

People who let things happen “organically “

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

"I'm not religious but I'm a very spiritual person"

Stfu!

Whenever anyone uses the phrase "holistic approach" in a work environment I immediately write the person off as a spoofer
    Or
    "Heuristic approach"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When she says shes bubbly you just know she'll be an absolute pain in the hole to put up with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

... now, I don't mean to be rude but...*insert horribly rude sentiment here*

Saying I don't mean to be does not negate anything further you say you absolute twat!

Or
    "Heuristic approach"

It’s a perfectly cromulent word.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

And they're not even managers.

If your "followers" only follow you to the point the first pay cheque bounces, or to put it another way; the "inspiration" of your inspired "leadership" dries up, your not really much of a leader.

The worst story of this crap I have, is when I was working for a company based in Ireland, but American owned. Some worthless dreg, in America decided it would be a fantastic idea, if the workers and line managers in Ireland were forced to use baseball terms, for general communication....That way the production would be like a sporting event, with all that "excellences" sport entails. We had to call the line managers "coach"...which was just about manageable......The rest of the terms, I would imagine, every school child in America would know...but in Ireland, where baseball is not even a thing....In the training session, the line manager crumpled up and admitted he had no f'ing idea what any of these phrases meant....He'd been given a list of these terms without any kind of translation, we just had to learn them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Woke.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

When Americans with Irish heritage describe themselves as Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

jR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Quirky

Good Looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Knew a Cuban woman years ago who justified her sh!tty behaviour by saying 'I'm Latino, thats what we do/say.' No, you're just an ignorant selfish wagon

Porklife wrote: »
    ... now, I don't mean to be rude but...*insert horribly rude sentiment here*

Saying I don't mean to be does not negate anything further you say you absolute twat!

In a similar vein...

"With the greatest respect...."

Proceeds to be the very opposite of respectful, usually to the point of boorish obnoxiousness.

White witch

Social Media coordinator, basically setting up fake twitter accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Knew a Cuban woman years ago who justified her sh!tty behaviour by saying 'I'm Latino, thats what we do/say.' No, you're just an ignorant selfish wagon

There's certain truth to every stereotype. That's how they come to be in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

If someone introduced themselves as a disrupter I'd disrupt their facial features.

Now I'd find someone who proclaims to disrupt someone's facial features over some stupid internet description much more troublesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

There's certain truth to every stereotype. That's how they come to be in the first place.

I know a ton of Latino's as I live in the US, and not one of them used their ethnicity to excuse bad behaviour. And trust me, this is one of the rudest, most selfish individuals I've ever met. They were clearly aware of their behaviour as they constantly used the 'I'm a Latino..' line. Although it could be Cuban thing, only other one I've observed is Tony Montana

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

Ipso wrote: »
    Social Media coordinator, basically setting up fake twitter accounts.

Basically, that is a job that can be a real job, or a fake job for a bullshyter. When it's a real job, they can be the person hammering away at driving buisness, and there can be bullshyt involved. I have a friend and she worked for a group that own's nightclubs, and runs music festivals. One of the requirements for the job was that she had about 700 hundred face book friends. While she worked for them. Someone else took over her facebook account, and posted messages promoting the clubs events, pretending to be her. And this went on until they started promoting Wolf of Wall Street parties, which she got really upset about.

The social media companies are very hard to trick these days, if they think you're trying to get free advertising space they'll block you.

"Graduate of the University of Life"

"Graduate of The Real World"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Atheist.

Hail Fellow Well Met

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Candie wrote: »
    "Graduate of the University of Life"

"Graduate of The Real World"

School of Hard Knocks alumnus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

There's a woman at my work that calls herself a philosopher all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Barista

Sorry mate you make coffee.. hot water and some beans and shake it up a bit .. it’s coffee..actually the machine does most of the work, on the whole you hold a cup under some water..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

Any "expert" is a BS artist.

"I hold a PhD"

• Advertisement
Advertisement