Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus UCD Anti Social Behaviour

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

LastStop wrote: »
    There are protocols in place for anti social behaviour not just in Ucd but also for most of the troublespots in Dublin.

If management didn't believe drivers there wouldn't have been a meeting with the company, Gardai, unions, Ucd staff and student unions at the start of the year.

Db also ran a workshop for the students in the university at the start of the year highlighting the impact anti social behaviour has.

I'd be the first one to call DB management out but I don't agree with you that on this the drivers are not believed or backed up, can more be done? yes.

Ok no worries, don't believe me.

I've plenty of experience.

There may be protocols but I've never been backed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭thomasj

I don't get why Dublin bus don't advertise this information on their website and social media?

If it's 13, 40, 27 etc they have no issue publicising this but for UCD , they're quiet enough ?

At least a few of these notices being put up might get a bit more attention on the situation ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭LastStop

Ok no worries, don't believe me.

I've plenty of experience.

There may be protocols but I've never been backed up.

In what way do you want to be backed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭ITV2

thomasj wrote: »
    I don't get why Dublin bus don't advertise this information on their website and social media?

If it's 13, 40, 27 etc they have no issue publicising this but for UCD , they're quiet enough ?

At least a few of these notices being put up might get a bit more attention on the situation ?

ah but in UCD it's only boisterous Loike.

In what way do you want to be backed up?

Bogus complaints, spoken to like a fool by management, giving orders that are ridiculous, collisions not our fault but are said to be by them, in court numerous times never backed up even though happened on job, coroner court appearance due to work with no representation, numerous numerous things.

Told to go into an area that I had warned there would be issues to be given a direct order( their words) to then be ambushed etc...

Bogus complaints, spoken to like a fool by management, giving orders that are ridiculous, collisions not our fault but are said to be by them, in court numerous times never backed up even though happened on job, coroner court appearance due to work with no representation, numerous numerous things.

Told to go into an area that I had warned there would be issues to be given a direct order( their words) to then be ambushed etc...

But how does that relate to the current issues at UCD? There are issues at ucd, you've said they not backed up drivers, I've highlighted the various attempts to quell the anti social behaviour and now you are talking about non UCD issues. If you've had bad experiences with management relating to many other points, I 100%believe you.

Buses wont be going up to Ucd after 21.30 on Monday and Thursday now.

But how does that relate to the current issues at UCD? There are issues at ucd, you've said they not backed up drivers, I've highlighted the various attempts to quell the anti social behaviour and now you are talking about non UCD issues. If you've had bad experiences with management relating to many other points, I 100%believe you.

Company man?

Seriously I'm stating a fact ok, believe it or not, we are not backed up at all.

I've had many an issue at UCD and nothing done or helped.

Last time I needed help 2 hours for a chief inspector and 3½ hours for Gardai to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It may well be that the thread title has been expanded somewhat to include broader,and perhaps personal issues ?

Nobody is suggesting that these issues are in any way invalid,but as you say,they are largely irrelevant to THIS thread.

Dublin Bus-Go Ahead Ireland-Bus Eireann or ANY other transport provider serving this place have almost NO power to solve the basic problem here,which is a serious and ongoing Public Order Issue.

The incidents are almost choreographed and can be easily timetabled,as can be seen by the two Removal of Service days,which begs the question as to why the AUTHORITIES ( and we have many of such bodies) appear to be so disinterested,ignorant or unwilling to address the causitive factors here ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭thomasj

Buses curtailed again tonight 39a starting from Belfield court

Good to see the notice up on RTPI signs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

thomasj wrote: »
    Buses curtailed again tonight 39a starting from Belfield court

Good to see the notice up on RTPI signs.

Thank you, good to know

Advertisement