Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should you expect a christmas bonus?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I'm only in my current job since May after being in the previous one for 14 years (both pubs). My new employer is an absolute gent. He is paying me an extra week this week and told me to order my turkey and ham from our butcher, on him. That's more than I was given in all those years in the last place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Weren't you here last week saying you'd never rent to Irish people as they are wasters. Foreigners only for your fancy apartment

Now your Eastern european employees are no good either

More bitterness in ya than a taxi driver :pac:

No, my employees are great. I like them and they like me. They just aren’t getting a bonus as they don’t do anything that would make them worthy of a bonus. Doing the same as loads of other employers. They’ve a good work ethic actually. I couldn’t find Irish lads to do the work I’d say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

No, my employees are great. I like them and they like me.

The lads who work for me are very much manual labour grunts. The majority of them are Eastern European, as thick as two short planks, and have serious issues with alcohol consumption.

and turn a blind eye to the fact that some of them are barely functioning alcoholics.

Right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

My Christmas bonus will be around 20 bags of blocks.

I purposely ringed them to bring them home, put each and every one up on the big block,I'll chop them Saturday.

Nothing more pleasurable than splitting block's with a New York fireman's axe a few days before Christmas.

Roll up the sleeves and off I go....ho ho ho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭blackcard

Spent half my working life in the private sector, generally got 1-2 weeks wages as a bonus. One exceptional year when I got 25% of my annual salary. Never got 1 cent in the public sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Get an annual bonus but it’s paid in March every year and is dependent on company, department and personal performance but is generally a sizable amount. Don’t get anything special in December just normal pay thinking about it now would be better to get the bonus paid in December or January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

We get a 100 euro one tor all voucher. But also all employees get paid a bonus every march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

CIP4 wrote: »
    Get an annual bonus but it’s paid in March every year and is dependent on company, department and personal performance but is generally a sizable amount. Don’t get anything special in December just normal pay thinking about it now would be better to get the bonus paid in December or January.

Yeah same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Truckermal wrote: »
    Just so you know any time Johnny is involved in a thread on Boards Pintman Paddy suddenly arrives to thank his posts and back him up and vice versa....

Yup, noticed that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

I've never gotten a bonus but that's the public sector for you, I think you have to very high-up and already-overpaid to get a bonus.

My missus works for a pharmaceutical company, when she is raging against the public sector, the issue of bonuses never comes up. Sectors like finance and Pharma etc. can and do pay massive bonuses.

I suppose it's easy to pay bonuses when you don't pay tax and you're a drug dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

blackcard wrote: »
    Never got 1 cent in the public sector.
    Rezident wrote: »
    I've never gotten a bonus but that's the public sector for you

Wha ? Every week is bonus week in the public sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yeah I receive a Christmas bonus every year :) Christmas party/dinner is all paid for by the company :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Esme Easy Trash

Wha ? Every week is bonus week in the public sector.

when your in the lower rungs, It really isn't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Or the individual concerned could have refrained from asking a question that was irrelevant. Works both ways.

Or you could have refrained from smugly using the word 'substantial' in your post. But you didn't. It was also irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

We get a weeks wages and up to €500 can be paid as a voucher so tax free. Christmas party paid for along with a free bar. Still a crappy place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I normally get one of those pre paid credit cards and just transfer the money to myself using PayPal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭NSAman

Personally, I never get a bonus, I give them....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Everyone in my company gets a bonus, they start at €200 all4one voucher for the lowest level ie apprentices and go up to €500 all4one along with a few grand in the wages for highest level. They are very good with it, we get it every year along with some bonuses during the year if performance is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

titan18 wrote: »
    The dole get one, so yes, I think people who are actually working should get one.

Wrong.
    JSB don't (ie, the recentl.y unemployed)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I usually get a €300 bonus from dairygold as a dairy farmer but as JFK once said the farmer is the only man in our economy that buys at retail sells at wholesale and pays freight both ways. So I guess they can well afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

A Christmas bonus is nationalised now isn't it?

Shouldn't the state pay it to everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Don't get a Christmas bonus in my current job, but get a quarterly bonus so miles better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Our Christmas bonus was a box of roses chocolates between a dozen people.

Advertisement