Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant sleep

• 22-02-2015 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Okay so. Ive been having trouble sleeping recently. Even if I feel tired I just cant get to sleep. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

ASMR videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Hello.

Ever tried practicing good sleep hygiene? Works for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What are you doing to chill out or unwind before bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheOtherMan

ASMR videos.

This is new to me. Bizzare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    What are you doing to chill out or unwind before bed?

Watch telly really. Yesterday was saturday. Usually blind drunk and have no struggle getting to sleep. Been a quiet one tonight so wide awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

This is new to me. Bizzare
    Well so is starting an account on Boards.ie at 4.30 in the am to tell people you can't sleep :P

Well so is starting an account on Boards.ie at 4.30 in the am to tell people you can't sleep :P

Forgot me old password so made a new one. Only takes a couple of mins so :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Watch telly really. Yesterday was saturday. Usually blind drunk and have no struggle getting to sleep. Been a quiet one tonight so wide awake.

That's less like sleep, more like passing out just FYI. Have you tried reading something not too intellectually stimulating under soft light? Is it just getting asleep that's the problem?

That's less like sleep, more like passing out just FYI. Have you tried reading something not too intellectually stimulating under soft light? Is it just getting asleep that's the problem?

Ive tried reading before now. Had some trouble getn to sleep. Picked up a book and the next thing I knew twas dawn out. Yes its the getting to sleep thats the problem. Gets frustrating at times

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Try going to bed OP.

That might do it.

Lapin wrote: »
    Try going to bed OP.

That might do it.

Ahead of you on that one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Well then, set your alarm for ten minutes time. And when it goes off, hit the snooze button. You'll fall asleep in no time.

I always doze off when I hit the snooze button. It's magic.

Ahead of you on that one

Using any sort of mobile devices when you're in bed is usually bad, I've noticed myself it tends to wake me up. Turn off your laptop/tablet/phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My fear of insomnia keeps me awake every night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

knacker yourself with exercise in the late afternoon - plenty of sweat and a warm shower. you'll sleep

dream a little dream of me OP, my wildly hairy arse exposed on a sheepskin rug in front of a log fire, a can of scrumpy in one hand a breakfast roll in the other, sexy silk piss stained yfronts between my gammy teeth.

knacker yourself with exercise in the late afternoon - plenty of sweat and a warm shower. you'll sleep

dream a little dream of me OP, my wildly hairy arse exposed on a sheepskin rug in front of a log fire, a can of scrumpy in one hand a breakfast roll in the other, sexy silk piss stained yfronts between my gammy teeth.

After reading this.. I dont think Ill be clicking that video. Just a precaution. Wow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

just close your eyes and count to 1000. stay on course for the thousand and slowly, you wont make it.

.....if you get the smell of chloroform just ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Plenty of videos on YouTube of niall quinn doing football punditry.

Works a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Try reading a book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Plenty of videos on YouTube of niall quinn doing football punditry.

Works a treat.

I'd say that would have the opposite effect, as listening to him fills me with rage sometimes, especially during liverpool matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Coco-Pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Paracetamol with Gin puts me out. A nice mix, a pharm party concocution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ahead of you on that one

Well, if you're already in bed and have a laptop or tablet, then there's your problem. The whitescreen stimulates your brain making it harder for it to shut down.

Put the damm nthing awy and read a book.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Everyone Ssshhhhh. Op has not been seen in 4 hours!
    Another AH success story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Wake up at the same time everyday.
    Have a 'lights out / Tv off' bedtime (at the same time each night).
    Don't do drugs (meth / caffeine / etc...).

A few months and you won't even need an alarm clock - except possibly when you're sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Don't use tablet, smartphone, laptop, tv for an hour before you go to bed.

Hot bath or shower, read a bit, just wind down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

When I hear her name, I think of her choking on a sandwich and dying, that was the rumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Lapin wrote: »
    Well then, set your alarm for ten minutes time. And when it goes off, hit the snooze button. You'll fall asleep in no time.

I always doze off when I hit the snooze button. It's magic.

Worked a treat :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement