Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I think I have heard the worst song ever

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Wolf Club wrote: »
    The "boy band" argument doesn't hold up in this context I'm afraid, The Beatles and The Kinks may have been considered boy bands at the time but it's completely different to the manufactured, highly marketed boy bands of the past 20 years. If you want to compare Revolver or Magical Mystery Tour to the latest One Direction album, you're not going to get too many people who argree with you.

As for "a far cry from the genius of queen or piink floyd"? Jesus wept.

Boy bands are boy bands, whatever era they were in, and bad and all as one direction are I find their music on a par with the nonsense the beatles produced

Pink floyd and Queen werent genius music makers??? You'll find plenty to disagree with you on that as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Totally agree OP, it is ****ing awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

DarkJager wrote: »
    Totally agree OP, it is ****ing awful.
    Agree..just listened to it and its a bag of sh ite.
    Now listening to Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons to try and neutralise the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dr conrad murray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

Now we're rockin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

So the radio was on there and I heard this song that was ****ing awful and then they said after that it was Rihanna,Kanye West and Paul McCartney,do you know this one? It's so ****ing ****, a new low.

I don't mind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Actually kinda catchy!

Beyonce's songs are usually horrible to listen to as there is no melody in them, Single Ladies being a prime example.

Nicki Minaj - Anaconda is ****ing disgraceful in how it sounds and what it represents; lowest common denominator production for maximum profit. She needs to get with a Chris Brown kind of boyfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah feck off. Thats the tune we put on every xmas and new year when we are completely locked! AWESOME! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Beyonce's songs are usually horrible to listen to as there is no melody in them, Single Ladies being a prime example.

Single ladies is one of the worst songs i can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

akura wrote: »
    Now we're rockin :pac:

Aww man The Shaggs. I love the backstory of the band where their grandmother had some sort of vision where the girls came famous musicians. Their dad then basically forced them to form a band despite neither of them having any musical abilities whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
    Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
    Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
    Seein' everything, the time is goin'
    Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
    Gotta get down to the bus stop
    Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Autotune gone too far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

realies wrote: »
    Until you listen to Linda Martin singing lucky, that's when you have hit rock bottom.

When I hit rock bottom I thought "Why me?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

anything involving Kanye West should only be used as a weapon like pepper spray or mustard gas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

If we're compiling a list of worst songs ever, this one has not a single redeeming factor. It only exists because one of the girl's dads was a record exec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Steppenwolfe

Shannon757 wrote: »

The original Bob Dylan version is a classic though. Always brings me back to the summer of '69 when I first heard it. It sparked my interest in the civil rights movement back then. 'Sitting in the back seat' is a reference to Rosa Parkes. He had a way with words did Bob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Chumbawumba.

I really hate that song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

The original Bob Dylan version is a classic though. Always brings me back to the summer of '69 when I first heard it. It sparked my interest in the civil rights movement back then. 'Sitting in the back seat' is a reference to Rosa Parkes. He had a way with words did Bob.

Another dylan song that I have never heard but now love. Cheers!

Another dylan song that I have never heard but now love. Cheers!

You're welcome. It's quiet a rare track and not as well know as his bigger hits. As with most Dylan songs there is some controversy as to the meaning of the lyrics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Got to hand it to the Russians they sure know how to put a tune together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

osarusan wrote: »
    Unless it was this one, it wasn't the worst song ever.

There's something really eerie about that song - why's he saying goodbye to everyone? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Re: Pink Floyd V's The Beatles. The Beatles were craftsmen and their song writing skills and collective sound were and are untouchable. Anyone who compares them to a boy band is either musically illiterate or hasn't bothered to listen to their albums.

Pink Floyd (who I also love) were vibe merchants. Queen (who I like, but a little less) have stated lots of times how big an influence The Beatles were on them! Know your musical history!

Anyway, on topic, none of you were watching The Late Late Show last night, or you wouldn't have overlooked what is the worst song ever. I think I find it particularly cringey as they are grown adults, not naive young ones. The inane message was sung with admirable enthusiasm it has to be said! The 'wild' chorus kicks in at about 50 seconds if you want a treat! :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

If we're compiling a list of worst songs ever, this one has not a single redeeming factor. It only exists because one of the girl's dads was a record exec.

Really? So the dad was a record producer. No way! Manam mana ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

osarusan wrote: »
    Unless it was this one, it wasn't the worst song ever.
    Pity he didn't fall down the hill behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,276 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That "Cool kids" song that's on the radio every 15 mins is some pile of shite ha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Eh, that's a fake and a pisstake.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Eh, that's a fake and a pisstake.

lol. You don't say :)

Advertisement