Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone passive state

Options
  • 03-08-2020 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I have a second mobile number that I don't use on Vodafone ready to go. I want to keep the number but won't be topping it up. Got a message to say if don't top up will be moved to passive state.
    What my options, who can I move it to I order to keep the number active and not have to top up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone PAYG SIMs need to be topped up every six months by 5 euro minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Vodafone PAYG SIMs need to be topped up every six months by 5 euro minimum.

Ok but don't want to top up so would be looking to move to another ready to go provider just to keep the number if that's possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

All the other networks have similar requirements.

3 might allow a longer interval but, if for some reason, they deactivated the SIM after 12 months of no top up, it would be difficult to regain the number as it's a non 3 number and AFAIK reverts back to Vodafone's pool (assuming it's 087).

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

logistic wrote: »
    Ok but don't want to top up so would be looking to move to another ready to go provider just to keep the number if that's possible?

10€/year or lose it. No huge expense.

Advertisement