Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Experience Great so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

inforfun wrote: »
    What were yuo using before? Three by any chance?
    Was a farce every time i was in the UK.
    Good to see It goes straight to EE.

Yep, it was Three and a complete nightmare every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Moved over from Vodafone yesterday, all done one minute after selected port time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

From another thread...

Lads...

I just got my Sim. I went to schedule my port of existing number. I got the verification code, set a time (16.30 today), I confirmed... and nothing.

I got no confirming message that the process was confirmed.
    Is this correct ?

Update... I shut the browser down and restarted process (Firefox).

Update2 ... Flawless port over. I tried to phone another phone at 16.32 on my old provider and the call would not go through. I changed to my Gomo sim and it worked straight away. All the data settings updated perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I have all three of us moved over in the family. Where saving a huge amount of money. It makes you wonder why previous operators failed in the Irish market like ID Mobile. Clearly they didn't put a good enough offering out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

castle2012 wrote: »
    I have all three of us moved over in the family. Where saving a huge amount of money. It makes you wonder why previous operators failed in the Irish market like ID Mobile. Clearly they didn't put a good enough offering out there.

Don't speak too soon.....

GoMo have a massive organisation behind them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

just checking how ppl are getting on with it so far, im signing up for it today.

Kicking virgin into touch. not doing us any favours on tv package - extortion comes to mind , so they can p*** off, both mobiles accounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

A second SIM I've set up can't receive calls from Vodafone. Simple issue that should be reported to Vodafone by GoMo but I'm getting scripted responses regarding data, APNs, etc. which is nothing to do with the actual problem. It's likely Vodafone haven't updated their porting database. GoMo is great unless you have an issue, you might as well talk to a wall, you'd get more sense from it.

that seems to be general consensus, when its working ok its fine, but when it goes t!ts up, its a real bag of ****e.

Banzai600 wrote: »
    that seems to be general consensus, when its working ok its fine, but when it goes t!ts up, its a real bag of ****e.

Yep. 8 weeks since the issue was raised. I looked at their Facebook last week and it seems to be a larger issue with porting and calls from Vodafone

This is it wrote: »
    Yep. 8 weeks since the issue was raised. I looked at their Facebook last week and it seems to be a larger issue with porting and calls from Vodafone

ta, im gonna do it anyway, hopefully they can resolve the issues as there seem to be a few. they cant not address.

• Advertisement

ta, im gonna do it anyway, hopefully they can resolve the issues as there seem to be a few. they cant not address.

I'd probably still move too. The first SIM I moved has had no issues at all

im gonna buy the sim and plan now, and will port after xmas. No point trying to sort that now, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

just checking how ppl are getting on with it so far, im signing up for it today.

Kicking virgin into touch. not doing us any favours on tv package - extortion comes to mind , so they can p*** off, both mobiles accounts too.

No issues whatsoever. No issues roaming, making calls, no signal issues etc. Surprisingly my data has actual been better than it ever has at work, more consistent signal.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    No issues whatsoever. No issues roaming, making calls, no signal issues etc. Surprisingly my data has actual been better than it ever has at work, more consistent signal.

tks, we've ordered the 2 sims so virgin can get stuffed.

im not going to port until early jan just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I had my first trip abroad with the GoMo sim last week, still have both my old TM & GoMo sims in my phone. GoMo connected almost instantly in Germany & worked for data whereas I had to go through the SIM toolkit to kick the TM sim into life.

Was please to see that GoMo didn't delete the APN settings & replace them with a Belgacom entry like TM did to me before!

Will port my number in Jan as have a bit of credit on the TM sim so probably will use that to donate to charity via SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi guys,

Can't see an answer for this on the GoMo FAQs so how you don't mind me asking here.

Do GoMo accept (or care) if the customer is a business rather than an individual?

54and56 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can't see an answer for this on the GoMo FAQs so how you don't mind me asking here.

Do GoMo accept (or care) if the customer is a business rather than an individual?

They say somewhere that's it's not for business. And to be honest, if I was a business I wouldn't touch it. If something goes wrong you're fecked. At least with the others you have some hope of speaking to a human I've the phone, it's chat, Twitter, Facebook, etc for GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Business also tend to have an account manager, that tends to mean you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about rather than some young person who's a useless gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭54and56

They say somewhere that's it's not for business. And to be honest, if I was a business I wouldn't touch it. If something goes wrong you're fecked. At least with the others you have some hope of speaking to a human I've the phone, it's chat, Twitter, Facebook, etc for GoMo

I hear you but I've a three casual staff I'd like to give phones to and pay for their monthly bill. It's not critical for them to be immediately contactable or to have tip top data access.

It's as much a bit of a thank you freebie to them as anything else but want to keep the cost down hence looking at GoMo.

54and56 wrote: »
    I hear you but I've a three casual staff I'd like to give phones to and pay for their monthly bill. It's not critical for them to be immediately contactable or to have tip top data access.

It's as much a bit of a thank you freebie to them as anything else but want to keep the cost down hence looking at GoMo.

No reason not to so.

• Advertisement

No reason not to so.

Agreed, although with specific business packages you can have more control over what numbers/services can and cannot be called, eg you can stop people using business phones for premium text services.

That said tis easy enough tell your staff you will cover the 9.99 portion of the bill every month. They can cover anything else themselves.

ok, we gave virg!n extortion racket the finger and moved the 2 mobile accounts to GoMo.

both of us on gomo now. ports went smoothly, ive just done mine , so will see how it goes with coverage / performance etc.

virg!n wanted us to say offering this that and the other, told them to get stuffed it was a matter of principal.

convinced a few to tell vigin to p!ss off re phones to gomo too.

( virgin shafted us on tv package, 95 a month for a basic and internet thats half the speed we are paying for despite being with them for yrs, so thats next )

will update as i go with performance re gomo

My porting issue was resolved just before Christmas where some carriers could not call a 2nd SIM I ported to GoMo. Haven't received any correspondence from GoMo to confirm but calls are coming through now. I had been on to them for weeks and it was only when I made an official complaint and requested an official complaint number for comreg that they took it seriously and requested samples of failed calls.

Hopefully nothing else goes wrong, it's an ordeal.

thats a real pain, as someone else said somewhere, you get what you pay for. At least its sorted now, for you.

Gomo is great value, but if anything goes wrong, its a mission and heartache to resolve , not sure how they can have such sh!t customer service with all the issues, but they have to go through Eir i think and then it filters back to the customer.

fingers crossed!!

just to update , two mobiles and no issues and ppl have told me they can hear me better / more clearer on calls than before when i was with the cartel of virgin media.

my downloading of say a 2hr podcast is way quicker than virgin, etc, internet can be more stable and sometimes faster than virgin was - this im surprised at.

however , both of our phones were dropping calls a couple of days ago, and both of us with GOMO , but it only happened on a day, not too bad.

havent been abroad yet, but for 9.99 a month, you'd be mad not to with current EU regs etc re roaming.

overall , v happy.

and again i convinced a couple of other ppl to the kick the red cartel like they were rotten fish and move to gomo which they've done. No issues and more money in their pocket.

EDIT : Just done a speed test there and download is 0.50 mbs & 0.40 bms upload, unusually slow

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nick.halligan

I ported over from 3, Took 3 days due to a problem with website but when it was working again i moved over no problem. This alone saves me €120 a year. Coverage with 3 in my house was TERRIBLE, Gomo is better, not amazing but better.
    Since then I bought a 4g router and put my sim in which was a nightmare to get working and GOMO customer support was horrific considering i was told " I am wasting their time" and "No i cant help you or provide you with any further information this is not GOMO's problem". However after many hours i have got it working in the router and have ordered a second gomo sim for the router alone

it will not cost me 9.99 a month for my phone and 12.99 a month for my router totaling €23 compared to €60. Only concern is being throttled when reaching 80gigs of usage but i will likely still have data on the second sim in the phone so i will survive.

So over all i am pleased apart from customer support being horrible and complicated to get information

yeah , like i said before , from what i have read her in various threads, their customer service is beyond sh1t , and how they havent been reprimanded is beyond me by comreg. its clear the ppl in service dept are either clueless or awaiting engineering of some sort to come back to them. im hoping i never have to contact customer support thats for sure !

I ported over from 3, Took 3 days due to a problem with website but when it was working again i moved over no problem. This alone saves me €120 a year. Coverage with 3 in my house was TERRIBLE, Gomo is better, not amazing but better.
    Since then I bought a 4g router and put my sim in which was a nightmare to get working and GOMO customer support was horrific considering i was told " I am wasting their time" and "No i cant help you or provide you with any further information this is not GOMO's problem". However after many hours i have got it working in the router and have ordered a second gomo sim for the router alone

it will not cost me 9.99 a month for my phone and 12.99 a month for my router totaling €23 compared to €60. Only concern is being throttled when reaching 80gigs of usage but i will likely still have data on the second sim in the phone so i will survive.

So over all i am pleased apart from customer support being horrible and complicated to get information
    How can you blame GoMo for not being able to support your router?

yeah , like i said before , from what i have read her in various threads, their customer service is beyond sh1t , and how they havent been reprimanded is beyond me by comreg. its clear the ppl in service dept are either clueless or awaiting engineering of some sort to come back to them. im hoping i never have to contact customer support thats for sure !

The person i was on the live chat with constantly blamed the router even though it has had a sim from MULTIPLE networks which worked fine and when i asked if i could be transferred to someone in the tech support i was told " you dont need to as i have the information" and again my request to speak with a manger was also denied. But look there not the first or last company to have bad support and when im saving 120 on my phone alone and have now a second sim for the router allowing me to cancel my expensive broadband, ill suffer the poor support

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    How can you blame GoMo for not being able to support your router?

The router worked fine with other sims, and when i asked for any advice i received none. I have since obtained information which allows the sim to work fine. I asked the specific question to the customer service agent and they would not provide me with it.

Advertisement