Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best websites and books

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Thanks.

I've received a PM and the book will have a new owner, in Dublin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

http://www.irishlivesremembered.ie/

This was posted on a Facebook page of old Dundalk photos. I know nothing about it except what I've just read this morning. Is it new? I get the impression it is. Although it's based in Dundalk I have to admit I have not heard of it until now.

Membership is free and there are forums for every county. Similar to Rootschat then?

I'm not advocating it's use, just thought I'd post the link so everyone can explore it and make up their own mind, something I'll do myself when I've time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Not a lot on that site for me at the moment, but maybe when more is added it will be better. It looks interesting. I checked the 'about us' but no person is named there. Also noted this: "assist our Probate Genealogists with Heir Search information". I will reserve judgement at present but I was attracted by the word 'free'!

Advertisement