Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi / GoMo issue

Options
  • 02-08-2020 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just last week I changed over to GoMo, and it's been a disaster so far with no real help from GoMo.
    My reception at my office is virtually non-existent for no discernible reason - I should have 4g coverage.
    Also, when I go to Northern Ireland (a lot) I can only seem to roam with EE, which is a disaster as they have no coverage in the areas I'm mostly staying. I need to be able to use Vodafone/O2/3 whilst in the UK. I had to drive a few miles yesterday just to get a banking passcode via text, which was inconvenient to say the least.
    GoMo's suggestions were to turn the phone on and off and try selecting different networks (which I'd obviously done multiple times) and I'm thinking it's some kind of setting issue with the Xiaomi that has to be manually changed.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Please and thank you!

Edit: it's a Mi9 Lite

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Just last week I changed over to GoMo, and it's been a disaster so far with no real help from GoMo.
    My reception at my office is virtually non-existent for no discernible reason - I should have 4g coverage.
    Also, when I go to Northern Ireland (a lot) I can only seem to roam with EE, which is a disaster as they have no coverage in the areas I'm mostly staying. I need to be able to use Vodafone/O2/3 whilst in the UK. I had to drive a few miles yesterday just to get a banking passcode via text, which was inconvenient to say the least.
    GoMo's suggestions were to turn the phone on and off and try selecting different networks (which I'd obviously done multiple times) and I'm thinking it's some kind of setting issue with the Xiaomi that has to be manually changed.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Please and thank you!

Edit: it's a Mi9 Lite

I'm with GoMo. I have no problems with them in ROI but Roaming would not work in Belfast a just before Covid. I tried everything to no avail. Does it work for Roaming in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I'm with GoMo. I have no problems with them in ROI but Roaming would not work in Belfast a just before Covid. I tried everything to no avail. Does it work for Roaming in England?

I haven't tried England, sorry.
    The only network I've been able to connect to is EE, and it has very little coverage anyway, I don't know anyone who even uses it.

Advertisement