Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Úrchúrsa Gaeilge Eagrán Leasaithe : Freagraí

Options
  • 01-11-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I’m trying to find a copy of the Answer Book (Freagraí) for the 1992 Úrchúrsa Gaeilge (eagrán leasaithe) book. The book itself (which I have) is long out of print and I can’t seem to find a copy of the answer book for sale in any of the second hand shops/online.
    Does anybody know if it is available online somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Jaygon2009 wrote: »
    I’m trying to find a copy of the Answer Book (Freagraí) for the 1992 Úrchúrsa Gaeilge (eagrán leasaithe) book. The book itself (which I have) is long out of print and I can’t seem to find a copy of the answer book for sale in any of the second hand shops/online.
    Does anybody know if it is available online somewhere?

I looked for a second-hand one some time back to no avail. However, there's at least one copy of the 1992/1993 answer book in the NLI at the moment. Here's the reference. All other copies of the answer book in Dublin libraries seem to be for the 1981 edition.

Institiúid Teangeolaíochta Éireann appears to have been closed down in 2010 after 37 years in operation so contacting the publisher directly is not a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Jaygon2009

Thanks for the reply. I notice there is also a copy in TCD but it is in stacks which means unless you are a current student/staff member, you can't request it. The NLI is an idea, though because of copyright, photocopying the whole 70 pages would probably be out of the question.

Did ITÉ close down in 2010? I thought it was earlier. Such a shame as hey held copies of documents and research which I'm sure didn't exist elsewhere.

This looks like it might be harder to find than Réchúrsa (Which thankfully I eventually did :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Comhairleoir

Jaygon2009 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I notice there is also a copy in TCD but it is in stacks which means unless you are a current student/staff member, you can't request it. The NLI is an idea, though because of copyright, photocopying the whole 70 pages would probably be out of the question.

Did ITÉ close down in 2010? I thought it was earlier. Such a shame as hey held copies of documents and research which I'm sure didn't exist elsewhere.

This looks like it might be harder to find than Réchúrsa (Which thankfully I eventually did :-) )

NLI will let you photograph all of the pages on your phone without a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Hi there,
    I have been looking for a copy of the actual text book itself for years. I have one myself but there was a printing error which means that I am missing pages 99-106 of the book. These are the pages that focus on An chopail Is - Abairt Ionnais.

If either of you still have a copy I would really appreciate a picture or photocopy of these pages.

Thanks in advance for replies.

I have it. Though, now I'm wondering about my own copy and pages 99-106........hoping it wasn't a batch printing error! I'll have to check.

My copy is down the country. I'll be down there mid-Dec and will sort those pages for you

• Advertisement

I'm still truing to find a teacher teaching as far back as 1991, who might have a copy of Comhar na Múinteoirí Gaeilge's Journal 'Comharscéala' from that year!

Advertisement