Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fada on the keyboard?

• 21-11-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How can I get a fada on 'i's and 'o's and 'u's I can get one on á by pressing ctrl+alt+a. When I try that with the others all manner of shenanigans go on.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Check that you have the correct language set in your OS.
    Windows: Control Panel -> Regional and Language Settings/Options

Then, Alt Gr+letter (Same as ctrl+alt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

thanks Karoma but no joy, language is set to Ireland but the ctrl+alt+letter apart from 'a' still do crazy stuff when I press them, could it be a microsoft setting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Is Gael Mise

Ar bhain tú triail as díreach an cneapa Alt a usáid in aonair?

Did you chance just the Alt button on its own?

Example: Alt+i = í

Go n-eirí leat!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 dologhli

Have you tried AltGr+a/e/i/o/u as Karoma suggested? [The right-hand Alt key if it's not labelled specifically as AltGr]

Failing that, if you're in Word (or any of the Office apps) you can do ctrl+' followed by the letter (i.e. ctrl + apostrophe; release both keys; strike the vowel by itself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Redbhoy

**Alt + 0225 = á
    **Alt + 0233 = é
    **Alt + 0237 = í
    **Alt + 0243 = ó
    **Alt + 0250 = ú

**Alt + 0193 = Á
    **Alt + 0201 = É
    **Alt + 0205 = Í
    **Alt + 0211 = Ó
    **Alt + 0218 = Ú

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

go raibh maith agaibh

all sorted now

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

mud wrote: »
    Hi,

How can I get a fada on 'i's and 'o's and 'u's I can get one on á by pressing ctrl+alt+a. When I try that with the others all manner of shenanigans go on.

Thanks

Hold down Alt Gr (to the right of the space bar) and press áéíóú :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Samildánach

Bail ó Dia oraibh:

Rinneas athsuiteál Windows sa riomhaire ar na mallaibh, agus tá sé faighte amach agam go bhfuil mo shinte fada áille imithe uaim, sa litir i (cé go bhfuil ÍÍ ag obair i gceart).

Tá mo roghanna teanga sa phainéal rialúcháin sonraithe mar seo i leanas:

Tá an Ghaelainn réamhsocraithe mar an priomhtheanga, agus US mar theanga an méarchlár. Beidh mé fiorbhuioch as réiteach nó comhairle ar bith uaibh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MoeJo

In order to get a fada on the letter u go into Insert on the menu toolbar scroll down to symbols and under normal text 11th row select and then insert. Cool :P and any other fada also.. Hope this helped..

Advertisement