Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I move due to the property condition when on RAS?

Options
  • 23-01-2019 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello, I would like to ask … do I have right to move house due to the property condition when on RAS? The contract between council and landlord is typical rental agreement, no fixed term or anything. LL had due to keep me 6 month and then applies the housing act. I am in the apartment nearly 5 years. I deal with the agency, not the landlord. There was a problem years ago with illegally wired appliances and other issues LL didn’t bother to fix. I asked local authority to deal with that. After some time PRTB inspector from local council issued Improvement notice and then Prohibition notice, which says LL shell not let or re-let the property. In the same time the housing department didn’t allowed me to move. The Prohibition notice is still valid as LL didn’t bother to lift it and it would not pass the inspection anyway. As the other issue, which is not the reason for the Prohibition notice, was not resolved, I made an PRTB case. I won the adjudication hearing in all points. LL appealed and we went to Tribunal. They made determination about two points, which were already solved, but not a word about the water leak around the window, which was not resolved. The agents were forthcoming during the hearing and made the promise to fix it. The agreement between us was not written down in the determination. Because of this omission I have no legal way to pursue the matter. Once it was a subject of PRTB case, I cannot start new case again. Now I have situation, when the water leaks into the wall for few years. Since the start workers say the only solution is to change the windows. Because the LL didn’t want to do that, they covered the wet and mouldy wall by dry line, so I would not see that. It took two heavy rains to go thru. I reported it and was told it’s not so bad as it was, and they left it like that. Now two walls are soaked, carpet is wet, mould growing rapidly. On one wall is switch in the middle of the wet field and on the soaked dry line are sockets. That hit my limits. I don’t want to risk my life here. Could you, please, give me an advice, what to do, where to go for help? Thanks

Advertisement