Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Nalz wrote: »
    Thoughts guys? A lot are going with Aguero over Jesus. What is this based on?

Ederson

Mee
    van Dijk
    Vertongen

Seri
    Milvojevic
    Sane
    Salah
    Fred

Jesus
    Firminho

B: Fabianski, Quaner, Mbemba, Malone

I think Vertongen will be fatigued from he World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

RisingDamp wrote: »
    First draft done. Any feedback welcome!

Leno - I expect Arsenal to be defensively sound this season
    Fabianski - Will likely start him ahead of Leno for the opening two games. Good for rotation.

Coleman - Should be raring to go
    PVA - If i select him he stays until the bitter end!
    Lascelles - Will be determined to break his way into the England side and is good for a goal
    Kolasinac - Will hopefully start under Emery. Great attacking defender
    Alex Arnold - Cheap and worth a punt

Sanchez - Punty but should be well rested and eager
    Ramsey - Rested and apparently impressing the new manager in pre season
    Sane - First name on the team sheet. No World Cup = explosive start to the season
    Mane - Opting not to start the season with Salah so Mané is my cover
    Sessegnon - Triffic player

Tosun - Nice opening fixtures
    Arnie - Cheap and effective
    Zaha - I expect a strong season from him

Your attack in the traditional FPL sense is quite weak IMO but a brave move if you go along with it. Weak as in missing at least 1 the 'big guns' Aguero, Lukaku, Kane, Firmino, Aubemeyang, etc which are missing for World Cup, etc or money spent elsewhere.

A mix of Aguero, Firmino, Aube, Kane willl be fairly template you'd imagine so if they were to kick on and return good points and Tosun, Arnie, Zaha don't deliver you might see yourself falling behind from the beginning. Alas, if it's the opposite, you're onto a winner.

Personally, my first draft includes Coleman, Sanchez, Sane & Mane and agree with all your points above on them.

Your attack in the traditional FPL sense is quite weak IMO but a brave move if you go along with it. Weak as in missing at least 1 the 'big guns' Aguero, Lukaku, Kane, Firmino, Aubemeyang, etc which are missing for World Cup, etc or money spent elsewhere.

A mix of Aguero, Firmino, Aube, Kane willl be fairly template you'd imagine so if they were to kick on and return good points and Tosun, Arnie, Zaha don't deliver you might see yourself falling behind from the beginning. Alas, if it's the opposite, you're onto a winner.

Personally, my first draft includes Coleman, Sanchez, Sane & Mane and agree with all your points above on them.

Thanks for that. I may downgrade Sanchez to Martial in order to bring in Auba for Arnie. Will wait until closer to the kick off to decide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think Vertongen will be fatigued from he World Cup.

Thanks! Bennett and Davies in for Vertongen and Mbemba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

1st draft done
    Not really looked at rotations bar for the keepers and even then not looked beyond GW3 as I (and many others ) will prob be wildcarding by then. To be honest have not really given it much thought whatsover I just wanted to get a few of my auld favorites in there and see how it looked :D

fabianski/fulhamorsaints keeper
    coleman bailly douglas kabaselese obi WAN kinobi
    sanchez siggy mane gray gudmonson
    arnie kun firmino
    O ITB

This will change very much AND salah will be so heavily captained I might have to get him but honestly I dont think I will......
    Keepers: I'll certainly have Fabianski and may not even bother with a rotating keeper and save the .5 ml

Defence : Very likely to keep Coleman & Bailly. Like the sound of Douglas even if I have got burned repeatedly by overpriced promoted defenders with good attacking stats. Kabaselese is just a spot filler for now based on decent start. Wan Bissaka in as 4 ml possible starter. Would have been Bennett but I have Douglas AND reduces the temptation to get PVA...........I could end up going Bennet and PVA for the craic though if I free up .5

Midfield : No Salah an obvious risk given he will be highly captained but I don't see myself starting with him to be quite honest. The entire midfield could change however. Sanchez may well start up front although Martial offers an intruiging short term option. Siggy - good start. I will have him or Theo. Mane - no Salah. Gray & Gudmonson were just thrown in there along with Arnie to fill up spaces. Not even looked at rotations and I may try and squeeze David Silva in

Forwards: Firmino could offer terrific value. Aguero - same as Firmino. Arnie - not sure on yet. May even go with a much cheaper option and go 352 for start. Auba the only other interesting me and he doesnt have the best start.

I mainly typed this for myself to refer back to :D
    Just spotted Cedric is only 4.5. Very interesting especially given the lack of clarity on who starts in goals
    Another old friend Gerry d already in for Gray !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Ederson Speroni (city def coverage + fodder)

Maguire Tomkins Daniels Cedric TAA (cheapish def and hoping Maguire transfers to MU)

Salah Sane Miki Kenedy Delefeou (1st 3 are quality and Kenedy & Del should both play too)

Lukaku Auba Quaner (will play 3-5-2 and possibly upgrade to Kane after a few games)

Thoughts please?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Pickford/Fabianski
    Daniels/Robertson/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/Seri/Fraser/Gudmundsson/Siggy
    Agüero/Tosun/Aubameyang

Pickford - Great start to the season
    Fab - Play as an when / Fantastic value

Daniels - 1 bad match in 1st 10 So hopeful of a good return
    Robertson- Attacking threat
    Doherty - Will reavaulate after the first ten games but solid looking
    Kabasele - Probably nailed on to start , reavaulate after first three matches .
    Bamba - A reasonable back up player

Salah - Well it's Salah
    Gudmundsson - 1bad home match in the first 8 , solid player
    Seri- Bit of a punt , could be gold
    Siggy - Good starting matches and pairing with Tosun
    Fraser - Fairly good opening 10

Tosun- See Siggy
    Agüero - Rotation risk as always
    Aubameyang - First choice in my opinion.

Comments please feel free to add advise/alternatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,192 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

bodking wrote: »
    Pickford/Fabianski
    Daniels/Robertson/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/Seri/Fraser/Gudmundsson/Siggy
    Agüero/Tosun/Aubameyang

Pickford - Great start to the season
    Fab - Play as an when / Fantastic value

Daniels - 1 bad match in 1st 10 So hopeful of a good return
    Robertson- Attacking threat
    Doherty - Will reavaulate after the first ten games but solid looking
    Kabasele - Probably nailed on to start , reavaulate after first three matches .
    Bamba - A reasonable back up player

Salah - Well it's Salah
    Gudmundsson - 1bad home match in the first 8 , solid player
    Seri- Bit of a punt , could be gold
    Siggy - Good starting matches and pairing with Tosun
    Fraser - Fairly good opening 10

Tosun- See Siggy
    Agüero - Rotation risk as always
    Aubameyang - First choice in my opinion.

Comments please feel free to add advise/alternatives

Don't think doubling up on Everton attack is a great idea.

I’d agree
    Also silva is a bit of a fan of Niasse .......

km79 wrote: »
    I’d agree

This will be interesting.

I have Niasse on my short list from ‘end of season notes’ but it was based on him getting a move to a team where he would start every week.

If he is Silva’s starting striker then he’ll be in every team within 2 weeks. And in our first 11’s. Not as a bench option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If he is Silva’s starting striker then he’ll be in every team within 2 weeks. And in our first 11’s. Not as a bench option.

And when that happens he'll be dropped for Tosun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I see a few people going for Daniels again. I fear it'll end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

1st attempt:

Ederson
    Tarkowski, Bertrand, Ake
    Pogba, Cairney, De Bruyne, Mane
    Firmino, Kane, Wilson

Fabianski, Zanka, Lascelles, Neves

Not any real depth on the bench, and I would expect Pogba to have an extra week or two off.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Mahrez or Sane?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mahrez or Sane?

I went for Sané personally. I think there's less risk with him for the first few weeks at least. :)

aj89 wrote: »
    1st attempt:

Ederson
    Tarkowski, Bertrand, Ake
    Pogba, Cairney, De Bruyne, Mane
    Firmino, Kane, Wilson

Fabianski, Zanka, Lascelles, Neves

Not any real depth on the bench, and I would expect Pogba to have an extra week or two off.....

Pogba and De Bruyne (possibly Kane also?) won't feature in GW1.

Pogba and De Bruyne (possibly Kane also?) won't feature in GW1.

And Kane has yet to score in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I’d agree
    Tosun is pretty much nailed as first choice starter according to Everton fans. Not saying that Niasse can't feature as well.
    Mahrez or Sane?
    Mahrez plays as RW along with Sterling. Both can rotate of course and my gut feeling is both him and Sane will start GW1-2. Bit of a coin toss with that one.
    And Kane has yet to score in August!
    Kane will feature GW1 as he want's to start the season presumably for a better chance at getting the golden boot. He's off the back of a good WC. I think he'll start well.

Tosun is pretty much nailed as first choice starter according to Everton fans. Not saying that Niasse can't feature as well.

Mahrez plays as RW along with Sterling. Both can rotate of course and my gut feeling is both him and Sane will start GW1-2. Bit of a coin toss with that one.

Kane will feature GW1 as he want's to start the season presumably for a better chance at getting the golden boot. He's off the back of a good WC. I think he'll start well.

Kane didn't look fit for most of knockout stages
    I'm sick of trying to get him in ahead of the curve
    I'm ignoring him until he starts firing

• Advertisement

In my eyes Mahrez will be competing against Bilva for RW slot, Sterling and Sané competing for LW spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    In my eyes Mahrez will be competing against Bilva for RW slot, Sterling and Sané competing for LW spot
    But Sterling and Sane were first choice in RW and LW spot's respectively last season and they won the league. Why would Mahrez be able to dislodge Sterling from that spot so easily?

I doubled up because of Thier excellent opening ten matches .

Kane didn't look fit for most of knockout stages
    I'm sick of trying to get him in ahead of the curve
    I'm ignoring him until he starts firing

I haven't picked any Spurs players , Kane may start but can't see it happening . Son is playing in the Asian cup I believe and they may rest a good few who played in the WC . There opening 5 matches are doggy to say the least . Staying well clear .

CSF wrote: »
    But Sterling and Sane were first choice in RW and LW spot's respectively last season and they won the league. Why would Mahrez be able to dislodge Sterling from that spot so easily?

Sterling has spent more of his career on the LW. I think he played a good chunk on the RW last season due to the players at Peps disposal. That changes now with the arrival of Mahrez who was extremely effective on the RW for Leicester over a good amount of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Sterling has spent more of his career on the LW. I think he played a good chunk on the RW last season due to the players at Peps disposal. That changes now with the arrival of Mahrez who was extremely effective on the RW for Leicester over a good amount of time.

He also spent that large chunk of is career underachieving until last season, wouldnt make any sense moving him from the Right Wing.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He also spent that large chunk of is career underachieving until last season, wouldnt make any sense moving him from the Right Wing.

But then by your logic it wouldn't make sense buying Mahrez who operates pretty exclusively on the right wing (they also have Bernardo Silva who has operated predominantly on the right when he has played). All of which leads me to believe that Sterling will compete with Sané on the left. Pep was very determined to get Mahrez and i can't see him playing anywhere other than where he has had all his success (on the right wing). Then again, Pep will Pep. He could surprise us all

I’d agree

Scored again in one all draw
    He is really worth monitoring
    May not start up front but could well start the season
    Pity he is 5.5 but still ......

bodking wrote: »
    I doubled up because of Thier excellent opening ten matches .

Still, it's Everton. I'd only double up on really potent attacks like City and Liverpool.

Still, it's Everton. I'd only double up on really potent attacks like City and Liverpool.
    I'm thinking of WCarding after the first break , if it goes tits up the damage will be light ( hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Then again, Pep will Pep. He could surprise us all

This is the crux of it, and for our own mental well being its better not to overthink the whole thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

few more tweaks while bored in work.

Begovic (Fabianski)
    Azpi Robertson Cedric Peltier Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Sanchez Sané Deufoleu Walcott
    Firmino Zaha Kamara

Begovic/Fab - rotate well. Will probably play Fab more in the long run.

I felt too exposed not having a couple of big hitting defenders. their PPG is often underrated. Azpi and Robertson will be gold IMO.

Cedric - gotta have a Saints defender. it's tradition at this stage.

Wan-Bissaka - I think Roy likes him. He's attacking, and a lovely way into a team that i think will be solid.

Peltier - could be taken out for Bennett. likely just fodder.

Salah - no explanation.

Walcott - i think he could fly under a decent manager. great start for Everton too.

Sané nailed for the start. a direct attacker in a team that'll score tons.

Sanchez - likely up front for Utd to start. Utd aren't great scorers, but he can easily be subbed for a Spurs or Arsenal midfielder within a couple of weeks if he's not firing.

Deulofeu - i like him as an FF asset. always involved.

Firmino - gotta have a second Liverpool attacker IMO.

Zaha - punt of sorts, but i do like Palace at the moment.

Kamara - could start. fodder though.

whatever happens, I will have 2 City attackers and 2 Liverpool ones. their starts are too good. it's just deciding which ones to pick at the end of the day.

being Aguero-less is probably stupid, so that could easily change by taking Sanchez out.

i'm risking no Spurs for the start, but meh.

i like having plenty of solid captain options, though it'll stay on Salah most of the time I think. Sané, Firmino and even Sanchez are all viable. Aguero too if he's in obviously.

i also like that my front players are mainly goalscorers.

i also like the stability of having Azpi and Robertson there. Downgrading them would make things easier further up the field, but i think defensive assets are slightly underrated.

SlickRic wrote: »
    few more tweaks while bored in work.

Begovic (Fabianski)
    Azpi Robertson Cedric Peltier Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Sanchez Sané Deufoleu Walcott
    Firmino Zaha

Begovic/Fab - rotate well. Will probably play Fab more in the long run.

I felt too exposed not having a couple of big hitting defenders. their PPG is often underrated. Azpi and Robertson will be gold IMO.

Cedric - gotta have a Saints defender. it's tradition at this stage.

Wan-Bissaka - I think Roy likes him. He's attacking, and a lovely way into a team that i think will be solid.

Peltier - could be taken out for Bennett. likely just fodder.

Salah - no explanation.

Walcott - i think he could fly under a decent manager. great start for Everton too.

Sané nailed for the start. a direct attacker in a team that'll score tons.

Sanchez - likely up front for Utd to start. Utd aren't great scorers, but he can easily be subbed for a Spurs or Arsenal midfielder within a couple of weeks if he's not firing.

Deulofeu - i like him as an FF asset. always involved.

Firmino - gotta have a second Liverpool attacker IMO.

Zaha - punt of sorts, but i do like Palace at the moment.

whatever happens, I will have 2 City attackers and 2 Liverpool ones. their starts are too good. it's just deciding which ones to pick at the end of the day.

being Aguero-less is probably stupid, so that could easily change by taking Sanchez out.

i'm risking no Spurs for the start, but meh.

i like having plenty of solid captain options, though it'll stay on Salah most of the time I think. Sané, Firmino and even Sanchez are all viable. Aguero too if he's in obviously.

i also like that my front players are mainly goalscorers.

i also like the stability of having Azpi and Robertson there. Downgrading them would make things easier further up the field, but i think defensive assets are slightly underrated.

I don't know why but I always relate well to your teams. Like a mix of aggressive risk-taking and well-founded solidity. Good team

Edit: if I was to offer one piece of advice it would be maybe to downgrade Sanchez to one of the many 6.5m options - Elyounoussi, if you REALLY fancy a punt ;) - and then upgrade Zaha to Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't know why but I always relate well to your teams. Like a mix of aggressive risk-taking and well-founded solidity. Good team

Edit: if I was to offer one piece of advice it would be maybe to downgrade Sanchez to one of the many 6.5m options - Elyounoussi, if you REALLY fancy a punt ;) - and then upgrade Zaha to Aguero.

I'm almost certain to downgrade. it might even be Mata for the first 2 weeks with the idea to move him out soon after. may even go Sessegnon.

I can't see myself going for a Utd attacker actually, bar Lukaku when he's match fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Here goes my first draft:

Fabianski 
    Gunn

I will start with 2 4.5m keepers. Fabianski in this bracket has me convinced. Not sure on Gunn, just saw S'hampton sign a keeper fro 10 mill. Will have to see who West Ham rotate well with early on.

Bailly will definitely start season and if he stays injury free should be first choice for the season. 
    TAA - ok is a rotation concern - but I think despite being part of the WC squad, he will surely be first choice RB?
    Coleman - looked to be getting back to his best towards the end of last season, nice start for Everton, new manager and a fair dose of bias for Seamie! Perhaps the 0,5 m I have itb should be used to upgrade to Mendy - who I think will be a fantastic option this season and looks in line to start the season, as he has gone on pre-season tour already.
    Wan Bissaka & Bennett -  2 possible starting 4.0 defenders

Salah - Just can't not! Also Liverpool's start
    Sane - Best City MF option having not played in WC
    Walcott - I know I shouldn't, but....nice start for Everton, he generally does well in a team that plays well, so if Everton get a good start under Silva could be a fantastic option. Also - as a bit of an aside - he must have been stewing watching England get to the semis, while he was on the couch. He should be in his prime now and if he is not massively motivated to come back and prove himself, I guess he never will be
    Kenedy & Cairney - 2 5.0m players who rotate nicely for first 4 fixtures. Kenedy in particular is good value.

Firmino & Aguero -  Don't feel I need to add anything here. 2 best options for the first few weeks when you take into consideration fixtures and World Cup.
    Zaha - Not too put off that he is a forward. If Palace score he will be involved. Not tempted by any other options in this price range, so unless I decide on a massive up/downgrade, I reckon I will go with him.

Leaves me with 0.5m ITB. Never started the season with money itb. It's not intentional, just don;t fancy any of the 5.5m mids so have 2 5.0m. As I said above Coleman>Mendy is the obvious thing to do. However, it is often the case in between Week 1 - 2 when you need/want to make a transfer but can't due to price rise/falls. Having the 0.5 m in the bank could save 4 points. Anyone started like this or have views on this strategy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will likely go against the grain and double up on Arsenal with Mkhi and Auba. Think they are being underestimated. They should be rejuvenated with the new manager and while the opening two fixtures aren't ideal, I can still see them scoring in both. Think Mkhi will prove to be outstanding value at 7m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any thoughts?

Fabianski Ryan

Azpilicueta Shaw Robertson Douglas Wan Bissaaka

Martial Mikhatarian Mane Sessegnon Jolota

Firminho Aguero Tosun

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any thoughts?

Fabianski Ryan

Azpilicueta Shaw Robertson Douglas Wan Bissaaka

Martial Mikhatarian Mane Sessegnon Jolota

Firminho Aguero Tosun

I like it
    I’m also now thinking of going without Sanchez and spreading the cash to help with early BB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Will likely go against the grain and double up on Arsenal with Mkhi and Auba. Think they are being underestimated. They should be rejuvenated with the new manager and while the opening two fixtures aren't ideal, I can still see them scoring in both. Think Mkhi will prove to be outstanding value at 7m.

I've gone with both of these as well. Arsenal will be playing a relatively depleted City in GW1, Chelsea in GW 2, and then a really decent run of games until GW 9.

Personally, I hate using WC early but that's just me really! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Draft 1 of 834:

Ryan Forster

Young Daniels Cédric Kelly Ward

David Silva Lingard Mané Martial Neves

Firmino Zaha Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Extensive tweaking done for draft 2 -

GK- Fabianski / Leno

DEF- Duffy / Bailly / A-Arnold / Coleman / Wan-Bissaka

MID- Walcott / Ozil / Salah / Jota / Sessegnon

FWD- Aubameyang / Zaha / Arnautovic

Went a bit more solid at the back by swapping Mahrez for Walcott to free up the money to replace Bennett and Peltier with Duffy and Bailly and also let me swap McCarthy for Leno, given the money spent he looks a lock to be starting GK and Arsenal look like they may be a bit more defensively responsible under Emery.

That said I'm still deciding between Leno / Duffy and Gunn / Lascelles for those two spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I always, always WC in the second international break so setting up a team for the first 8 weeks only.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

first draft
    Fabianski/Lossl
    Robinson/cedric/Daniels/Wan Bissaka/ogbonna
    Sane/Salah/Eriksen/D Silva/Stephens
    Firmino/Arnie/Depoitre

Not Happy with Depoite may down grade Silva but who would be best to get in for 7.0 up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Right! I have
    Fanianski Begovic
    Cedric,Moses,Tarkowski, Coleman,PVA,
    Salah,Sessegnon,Pogba,Pereyra, Fernandinho,
    Vardy, Firminio,Zaha
    £0.00 in the bank

Pippool23 wrote: »
    first draft
    Fabianski/Lossl
    Robinson/cedric/Daniels/Wan Bissaka/ogbonna
    Sane/Salah/Eriksen/D Silva/Stephens
    Firmino/Arnie/Depoitre

Not Happy with Depoite may down grade Silva but who would be best to get in for 7.0 up front

Tosun would be one of the best options in that price bracket. He could push on this season for Everton under Silva.

@Gammy: I doubt Pogba will start the season after his World Cup exploits.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Ruddy/Pope

Daniels, Cedric, Holebas, Schindler, Jazz Richards

Sane, Keita, Sanchez, Jota, Kennedy

Kane, Kun, Wilson

no doubt it will change several times before the off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

gammygils wrote: »
    Right! I have
    Fanianski Begovic
    Cedric,Moses,Tarkowski, Coleman,PVA,
    Salah,Sessegnon,Pogba,Pereyra, Fernandinho,
    Vardy, Firminio,Zaha
    £0.00 in the bank

I'd be wary of Moses position as Sarri is unlikely to play with Wing Backs, and Azpi is the probable starting RB in that case. I feel like your MF could be beefed up rather than having to play 1 or 2 from Sessegnon, Pereyra and Fernandinho every week. Particularly when Pogba (and possibly Vardy) probably won't start the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ruddy/Pope

Daniels, Cedric, Holebas, Schindler, Jazz Richards

Sane, Keita, Sanchez, Jota, Kennedy

Kane, Kun, Wilson

no doubt it will change several times before the off

Do not do it to yourself!

Had him for 10 starts last season, he got 18 points..total!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Right now I'm on:

Ederson, Button

Fairly straightforward, set and forget, 4m bench

Coleman, Bailly, PVA, Daniels, Bennett

Everyone have the nice start and new manager etc. Bailly basically nailed on to start the season, PVA could be gold and rotates well with Daniels - Bennett 4m

Sanchez, Mane, Mkhi, Pedro, Redmond

Sanchez potentially playing up front and with a full preseason with Jose could have the team built around him. Mane for Liverpool, Mkhi and Pedro seem like absolute bargains really. Redmond for Southampton fixtures and could be part of a front 3.

Auba, Aguero, Mir

Doubling up Arsenal's attack is risky... But Auba, Kun could be amazing!

MattD wrote: »
    Right now I'm on:

Ederson, Button

Fairly straightforward, set and forget, 4m bench

Coleman, Bailly, PVA, Daniels, Bennett

Everyone have the nice start and new manager etc. Bailly basically nailed on to start the season, PVA could be gold and rotates well with Daniels - Bennett 4m

Sanchez, Mane, Mkhi, Pedro, Redmond

Sanchez potentially playing up front and with a full preseason with Jose could have the team built around him. Mane for Liverpool, Mkhi and Pedro seem like absolute bargains really. Redmond for Southampton fixtures and could be part of a front 3.

Auba, Aguero, Mir

Doubling up Arsenal's attack is risky... But Auba, Kun could be amazing!
    nice team and similar in parts to what I have in mind. I had downgraded Sanchez this morning but then looked for a captain gw1.............I think I might also go down the cheap 3rd striker route but will need one that plays.
    On your team
    Make sure Ederson is back in time for gw1
    Defence looks good
    Pedro may be about to move to Italy. Keep an eye.
    Redmond.........we have been here before . Good fixtures bad fpl player. Can't finish his dinner. Like a poor man's Sterling. Downgrade and then upgarde Mir. Try and find a mid/fwd 5.5 rotating combo ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is it madness to start with Arnautovic and bench him first GW lads? What do you think? Really want him in my team but I see a Liverpool clean sheet in GW1.

Advertisement