Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Station Manor Portmarnock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 D3110

Any updates or new information out there?

I haven't contacted Agent in a couple of weeks but see little point when don't get any useful information back!

Anyone called for snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

D3110 wrote: »
    Any updates or new information out there?

I haven't contacted Agent in a couple of weeks but see little point when don't get any useful information back!

Anyone called for snagging?

Called yesterday for The Green. Snagging tomorrow

Ah good stuff. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 keepitheel1

People are moving in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CavCollins

Our house hasn't been started yet but we were told it will be ready in March 19, has anyone else been told similar timelines?

Honestly dont think it will be ready until the summer if other developments are anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 HereToLearn

Has anyone heard an update on snagging for The Avenue and The Way?

Hi All,

If there is anyone on here or you know of anyone who is buying on The Way, could you please PM me or get them to PM me please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Congratulations.

Lovely houses. I quite like the finish on the exterior.

Fast track planning was recently granted for 150 houses/townhouses across the road. Station road is certainly geting busier.

A new park connecting lower Portmarnock (south of Station road) to Baldoyle recently got the go ahead and will be finished by Dec 2019, all going to plan. This will include a dedicated cycle path.

The train station car park fills up quickly in the morning so I'd be worried about people parking their cars in the estate. Hopefully the management company can get a parking plan up and running soon.

Best of luck with the purchase. Hopefully it goes well and there are no major delays for you. Its a lovely neighbourhood.

And yet train service has recently been reduced so that's great

and when the Dart does turn up from Malahide it's frequently late and missing a few carriages..

but sure let's build more houses - sure who cares how they all get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

lawred2 wrote: »

and when the Dart does turn up from Malahide it's frequently late and missing a few carriages..

You're right. Let's not build houses...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CavCollins

I heard the reason for the reduced train service to Malahide was due to stats showing a low amount of tickets/leapcards being used at the stations so they did not think there was a requirement for more trains/carraiges; however, they did not take into account the fact people do not have to tap on / off some stations.

Most workers have monthly/annual travelcards so do not need to tap on before tapping off in town unless there is a turnstile.

I know this has already been raised with Iarnrod Eireann so hopefully they will increase the service.

:confused:

oddest conclusion to draw from what I posted

CavCollins wrote: »
    I heard the reason for the reduced train service to Malahide was due to stats showing a low amount of tickets/leapcards being used at the stations so they did not think there was a requirement for more trains/carraiges; however, they did not take into account the fact people do not have to tap on / off some stations.

Most workers have monthly/annual travelcards so do not need to tap on before tapping off in town unless there is a turnstile.

I know this has already been raised with Iarnrod Eireann so hopefully they will increase the service.

Well I hope you're right but again if that's how IE measured commuter usage numbers along those lines then it's more evidence of the inept and shambolic nature of that organisation..

As it currently stands - demand and usage is going up while IE is actively reducing services to commuters around Malahide, Portmarnock & Clongriffin.

So.... has everyone in the green got their extractor fans connected from their hob oven.???

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sassikez

re extractor fan apparently none of us on The Green actually have a functioning extractor fan - it leads no where just above the hob there is no pipe leading outside etc. I have been told that they are looking into a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭3DataModem

One of the possible reasons for no extractor outlet is that it compromises the house BER rating. Only by getting the high BER rating can they get the significant grant from the government.

Perhaps once the engineer signs off on the BER rating and the house closes, they will fix the problem.

(FWIW it is of course possible to have an extractor fan with external outlet that does not affect BER)

nope afraid not as we have raised this with the builders - we have been told its an issue with a load of first phase houses and it will be rectified apparently, its an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

How's everyone getting on?
    Has anyone noticed if the quality of the soundproofing between the houses is good?

Still waiting for updates regarding phase 2

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

icanmunch wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on?
    Has anyone noticed if the quality of the soundproofing between the houses is good?

Still waiting for updates regarding phase 2

Very good between houses. Bit drafty and noisy on the top floor of 4 beds though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PeterKlavenn

We are in a terraced house in SM and have not heard a single sound from either side. We have lived in new builds before where you can hear the flick of a light switch so needless to say we are delighted with the quality of the insulation.
    Whatever dates dng give you for moving in - add an extra few months on to be safe. They originally said phase 1 would be in by July 2018. To date 12 houses are occupied out of the 24 launched last April!

• Advertisement

Hi is anybody else finding regancy frustrating... can't give a straight answer to a simple request

Frustrating would be a very polite way of putting it ! Best of luck.

Has anyone gotten written confirmation from DNG stating that there wont be any social housing in the development?
    A friend is interested in purchasing one of the houses from the next phase and when speaking to DNG today was told that there is indeed going to be houses and apartments allocated for social housing. We were told by DNG previously that there wont be any social housing so not sure what to believe.

If you want any factual information regarding the development, I would steer clear of DNG. The developers will have that kind of information so that's who I would ask.

Thanks Peter. I will call them tomorrow and see what the story is

If u are going to view houses in station manor... in my experience steer clear of <snip>... horrible to deal with ..very unprofessional.\

Mod Note

Not here thanks.

For me the problem lies in the quite shocking state the houses are closing in. People have had no water, no electricity, no keys, no doors, uneven walls and floors, damages throughout but to name a few...and this is after several snags. Buyers are forced into closing through desperate need to have somewhere to live after all the delays. Its a really poor way to do business, leaving every new owner chasing builders for weeks on end. It is not supposed to be like this. Would give serious consideration to doing business with these types of developers. The whole estate is plunged into darkness every evening with no street lights and fences falling over as well as potholed mess of a road. Proceed with caution in every way.

Totally agree with above post. The roads are in a total state, no street lights at night. Heating keeps breaking down. Snags not completed but they know people are desperate to move in (we put down deposit 10 months ago). Builders don’t care to finish what they promised. Regency imo have a lot to answer for. Not that they care either! Every time we ask for something to be fixed that was promised, we are made to feel like we are being a total hassle and are left chasing the builders almost daily. Even writing this all down is making my blood boil. A little common deceny would go a long way. New builds should not have all these issues. I was very tempted to walk into the show home today and challenge DNG as well as they are also part of the problem I believe. The whole process the most frustrating and stressful thing we have ever done. Everyone that has moved in has to keep emailing and calling regency to sort street lights and roads at very least out. We need to stand together to get things done.

Place is a joke at this stage... the lighting situation is rediculous ... potential buyers... wait till the estate is complete.. you will just be heartbroken... and stear clear of <SNIP>

Mod Note

A & P is not the place for naming and shaming.

• Advertisement

Place is a joke at this stage... the lighting situation is rediculous ... potential buyers... wait till the estate is complete.. you will just be heartbroken... and stear clear of <SNIP>

Mod Note

A & P is not the place for naming and shaming.

Are you having any other problems apart from the street lighting? Is there any issues with the house itself? We have purchased a phase 2 house so wanna prepare ourselves for whatever is ahead!

Cheers

Advertisement