Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ?

Options
  • 03-09-2020 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Denon 2600 receiver hooked up to Dali spektor 2 5.1 speakers.
    Works brilliantly for movies, but not so much for music.
    It is "ok" but only OK.

I have my beloved hifi system since 1991 and still love it,
    I know some will knock the speakers, but I love the way it sounds, ( on saying that I would like to maybe improve the high end as they are loaded with Bass.

Without going into too much unnecessary specifics of the whole system,
    The amp is an Awai amp and the speakers are Bose 400 XL,
    No bluetooth back then,, not streaming etc,
    The Denon has these, and what I would have found no problem years ago hooking things up, I find I am out of the loop a bit now as tech. moves on a bit too fast.

Simple question,
    Can I , Connect any output on the Denon to an input on my Awai to stream music to my Bose speakers?

I am assuming hooking up the bose speakers to zone 2 still wouldn't be as good as the awai amp?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Do I see correctly on my Google image search that zone2 is also a pre-out? If so, that should be possible to input to the other amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Idleater wrote: »
    Do I see correctly on my Google image search that zone2 is also a pre-out? If so, that should be possible to input to the other amp.

I think so,
    It appears to be what I am looking for here >Connection 2 : Connection using an external amplifier (ZONE2)

Advertisement