Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JVC 90s stereo models

Options
  • 23-08-2020 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

During a recent major clear out of my ill father's place I put out for scrap an old 90s JVC HiFi set he had, believing it to be worthless in this day and age. You can guess the rest ... after talking to a friend I discovered it was actually worth something :mad::mad: Will take me a long time to forgive myself for it. In the haste and moment of the deep clean/clear out the fog of war caused some rather poor judgment on my behalf regarding this and its been eating at me since.

Anyway I believe what I put out was an MX S700R as in the link below

https://picclick.co.uk/JVC-Compact-Component-HiFi-Stereo-System-Surround-273703781032.html

The only way I can identify this specifically (other than the look of it) is that it has the CD part at the bottom, which is how my dad's was. I have also come across the CA S700R model (this appears to be different in that it has the tape at the bottom).

Now the one with the CD at the bottom (as per my dad's), the MX S700R, looks to have sold in 2019 as per the link for £30, however the CA S700R is currently on sale on ebay for £140.

Is using the cd/tape insertion location as an identifier of the model a correct indicator or is it a case they can simply be switched about? If it is the case you can tell the difference of a model by that alone I may purchase an MX S700R when hopefully it comes back on the market (providing it's about the £30-50 range).

Advertisement